SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Boat led light bar? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62168)

jlavergne9 10-30-2015 08:54 AM

Boat led light bar?

Do any of you have any recommendations on a light bar to install on my semi-v aluminum boat for duck hunting? I know rigid are the best but they are too rich for my blood lol. Thanks for the help.

scottyd517 10-30-2015 09:37 AM

have a number of sizes and brands on amazon for less than $100. they work just fine and most have a warranty. i have the eyourlife brand and am happy with it.

Matt G 10-30-2015 10:36 AM

I installed this one on mine. The main complaint I saw in the reviews was the fogging inside of the lens due to poor sealing. I pulled off the lens and got a tube of clear RTV sealant to make a better seal. It's not a Rigid, but I could care less. That sucker is plenty bright enough for running the large canals and boat ditches where I hunt. Not to mention for $53 for the light plus $6 for new sealant, I can buy 10 more before even approaching what a Rigid cost. Knowing that I may have to replace it in the future, I wired it to use a trolling motor plug so all I have to do is remove the plug from the old light and hook it up to the new light. Plug and go.

lil bubba 10-30-2015 10:40 AM

I got 2 square 6 bulb for my truck. They were around 20-25 a piece off amazon... Mounted to my receiver hitch for backing the boat at night...Just type in cree led's...There's a lot to choose from...Those cree's are super bright and some are flood and some are spot...

BassYakR 10-30-2015 10:40 AM

I agree with these guys... I dont have one of these on my boat. But i did buy one the cheap ones from ebay to put on my mud bike and i have had Zero problems with it. Its plenty bright. Depending on size the do have a fogging issue with some of them. I have the 12" and havent had those issues. But i have a buddy with a 20" and he did until he resealed it.

Nickt87 10-30-2015 10:54 AM

Just bought a 12" with side mounts for $50 on Ebay. Plenty bright and pulls 4amps. Figure if it gets broke or kicked off the bow of the boat(likely during duck season) I can replace 4 of them for what 1 of those expensive one costs.

jlavergne9 10-30-2015 11:50 AM

Thanks fellas! This helps me out a lot!

Bdub 10-30-2015 05:16 PM

I bought some led floods for my duck boat, no issues yet and they are pretty darn bright. I think 36w models...Best part about it is running them off a small deer feeder battery. I have yet to recharge it.

eman 10-31-2015 02:43 PM

Looking to replace 2 450 watt mercury vapor lights on poles used for night fishing. How much LED would i need to match the 450s?

Bdub 10-31-2015 04:25 PM

Alot...led and hps lights are apples to oranges...led don't penetrate near as well, there is a lot more refraction on the water, also angle plays a big part. One thing that helps is adding yellow tint to the light to help cut glare.

eman 11-01-2015 10:54 AM

angle is not a problem as the poles are in the water on the edge of the pier. i can go as high or low as needed. Just trying to reduce electricity cost them HPS eat up some juice being on every night