SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   More Spring Time Beauties (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93)

exspeck big specks 05-05-2009 11:06 AM

More Spring Time Beauties

2 Attachment(s)
Monday May, 4

Did a whole lot of looking for decent water early and mainly scouting the lake seeing what it looked like after 2 weeks of high winds. Went south first thing and drifted several spots with little to no luck, then finally found some "decent" water and picked up a couple fish. We stayed out in around 4-5 ft. of water catching nice fish on top-water till around 10:00 when the sun popped out- then I knew to go shallow looking for them big girls getting ready to lay there eggs. Lot of both finger mullet and larger mullet shallow , and so were the much bigger fish-

LaAngler 05-05-2009 11:13 AM

steve is a character!!! LOL thanks for posting!

i might head over there this weekend if the winds chill

Salty 05-05-2009 11:23 AM

Nice fish Mikey. They sure appear much bigger over here than on that other site. :)

"W" 05-05-2009 11:27 AM

Nice Trout Mike!!!! Keep there heads swinging

exspeck big specks 05-05-2009 11:41 AM

ha ha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 959)
Nice fish Mikey. Yhey sure appear mush bigger over here than on that other site. :)

Yea I noticed that!!!!!

Big_Country 05-05-2009 11:44 AM

Thats something them Texas boys never could catch!!! Nice Fish...

Snap Draggin 05-05-2009 12:49 PM

Nice fish, and BTW, "them Texas boys" just won a tournament in La waters. That says all I need to know.

Big_Country 05-05-2009 12:53 PM

One in a million luck shot......

exspeck big specks 05-06-2009 09:13 AM

What tournament are you referring to?

longcast 05-06-2009 09:39 AM

east vs west

i think he is talking about the east vs west tourny that was 2 weeks ago on lake p.he fished with capt dumas:help:

exspeck big specks 05-06-2009 09:40 AM

Alright

Just wondering-

Too Tall 05-06-2009 10:20 AM

Nice catch ex.

Chase This! 05-06-2009 10:28 AM

Hi, I posted in the main forum about trout questions, but it got moved. I had a question about the quality of trout in Louisiana.

Are these trout considered big for Louisiana? You are doing a good job holding them far from your body, but clearly they are pretty small. Do yall catch them bigger, or is this about it?

I am trying to decide whether it is worth fishing in LA while I am there on business.

Thanks,
Brandon

exspeck big specks 05-06-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase This! (Post 1446)
Hi, I posted in the main forum about trout questions, but it got moved. I had a question about the quality of trout in Louisiana.

Are these trout considered big for Louisiana? You are doing a good job holding them far from your body, but clearly they are pretty small. Do yall catch them bigger, or is this about it?

I am trying to decide whether it is worth fishing in LA while I am there on business.

Thanks,
Brandon

No, these are not trophies. To answer your question about you fishing Louisiana my answer is no you should not. We do not catch anything but 12' pickles. Please tell all your Texas buddies this information. No trout in LA they all went to Texas-so u should stay there also.

CatDaddy 05-06-2009 03:52 PM

Yeap... Thats what I heard also,

Quote:

Originally Posted by exspeck big specks (Post 1621)
No, these are not trophies. To answer your question about you fishing Louisiana my answer is no you should not. We do not catch anything but 12' pickles. Please tell all your Texas buddies this information. No trout in LA they all went to Texas-so u should stay there also.

I heard the same thing.. even the catfish went to Texas

longcast 05-06-2009 04:18 PM

stay in texas

stay in texas.there is no trout big lake are any other lakes in louisiana.please stay in texas.no fish here.

LaAngler 05-07-2009 09:31 AM

sorry about the drama on this thread Mike, it won't happen again, those are beautiful fish!

j c 05-07-2009 10:26 AM

nice fish, regardless of where they were caught!

johnkerwin 05-07-2009 11:24 AM

Nice fish and nice report.
Good to see when information is passed and everyone can enjoy it.
But I do take exception to the comment about Texas boys not being able to catch fish like those.
LaAngler, if you are going to ban people who trash a fishing report, you ought to ban the one who made the comment that led to the retaliation.

Long Pole 05-07-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnkerwin (Post 2000)
Nice fish and nice report.
Good to see when information is passed and everyone can enjoy it.
But I do take exception to the comment about Texas boys not being able to catch fish like those.
LaAngler, if you are going to ban people who trash a fishing report, you ought to ban the one who made the comment that led to the retaliation.

Who stole Kerwin's password? :eek: