SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Employment Offered / Wanted (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Finnish carpenters (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2334)

fishinpox 08-19-2009 10:25 PM

Finnish carpenters

im looking for 1-2 SKILLED finnish carpenters to work with my crew in and around baton rouge . i stay busy . if you have a good attitude , can be at work on time , have your own hand tools pm me. must be able to fit TIGHT stain grade joints, cope joints, hang/cut crown, stairs/handrails are a plus but if not you must be capable and willing to learn. if you cant read a tape or cant add and subtarct fractions quickly dont waste my or your time. :eek:

Salty 08-19-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 36105)
im looking for 1-2 SKILLED finnish carpenters to work with my crew in and around baton rouge . i stay busy . if you have a good attitude , can be at work on time , have your own hand tools pm me. must be able to fit TIGHT stain grade joints, cope joints, hang/cut crown, stairs/handrails are a plus but if not you must be capable and willing to learn. if you cant read a tape or cant add and subtarct fractions quickly dont waste my or your time. :eek:

Isn't that where a good painter comes in? They always say, "Salty'll fix it." :smokin:

flounder_smacker 08-20-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 36117)
Isn't that where a good painter comes in? They always say, "Salty'll fix it." :smokin:

haha mine say "oh they can caulk that" fishinpox if you come across a good stain man to many let me know.

fishinpox 08-20-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flounder_smacker (Post 36282)
haha mine say "oh they can caulk that" fishinpox if you come across a good stain man to many let me know.

man thats why i stay busy and charge the prices i do to trim houses if a joints isnt perfect we re do it no if i even hear one of my guys say f it the painters will caulk it hes gone!!! u need a good painter to do stain work or a good trim crew to do stain grade work?? is so i got both my painters stain finnish is sweeeeeeeet only cause they come behind me !:smokin: you build houses??? salty you got a paint crew??

fishinpox 08-20-2009 05:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
d

fishinpox 08-20-2009 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
b

Salty 08-20-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 36308)
man thats why i stay busy and charge the prices i do to trim houses if a joints isnt perfect we re do it no if i even hear one of my guys say f it the painters will caulk it hes gone!!! u need a good painter to do stain work or a good trim crew to do stain grade work?? is so i got both my painters stain finnish is sweeeeeeeet only cause they come behind me !:smokin: you build houses??? salty you got a paint crew??

Si.

Salty 08-20-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 36314)
b

Is that a "run" to the right of the can light? :rolleyes: Just kiddin'. Great lookin' job, Pox.

handyman 08-20-2009 06:09 PM

Pox...Nice Work...I'm in remodeling in Lafayette and do most of my own work...Good luck on finding someone good, on time, with tools.. Get your check book ready....

fishinpox 08-20-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 36339)
Is that a "run" to the right of the can light? :rolleyes: Just kiddin'. Great lookin' job, Pox.

run ha all i know is my joints are tight what the painter does after that no es mi problema!! my buddy / fishing partner has a paint company and they paint 75% of the houses i do but some contractors dont wanna fork ova the$$ for the good paint/stain jobs. u do residential or commercial??

fishinpox 08-20-2009 06:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by handyman (Post 36341)
Pox...Nice Work...I'm in remodeling in Lafayette and do most of my own work...Good luck on finding someone good, on time, with tools.. Get your check book ready....

i dont mind paying for good help they are the guys i can trust when i go fishin:smokin: during the week. the problem is everyone with a miter saw thinks they can run molding and good luck if they THINK they can build stairs like this!!!!!!!!:grinpimp:

Salty 08-20-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 36346)
run ha all i know is my joints are tight what the painter does after that no es mi problema!! my buddy / fishing partner has a paint company and they paint 75% of the houses i do but some contractors dont wanna fork ova the$$ for the good paint/stain jobs. u do residential or commercial??

Residential. I did a little commercial after Katrina but had to quit because I was gettin' behind. No like commercial. :shaking:

fishinpox 08-20-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 36354)
Residential. I did a little commercial after Katrina but had to quit because I was gettin' behind. No like commercial. :shaking:

commercial suxxxxxxx i do hotels sometimes but it ALWAYS put me behind cus they never have nuttin ready:pissed: u got a big crew or crews???? when u gonna knock off during the week to make a fourchon run or venice:D

Salty 08-20-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 36360)
commercial suxxxxxxx i do hotels sometimes but it ALWAYS put me behind cus they never have nuttin ready:pissed: u got a big crew or crews???? when u gonna knock off during the week to make a fourchon run or venice:D

I got a crew of 5...2 locals + 2 Texicans + me. Two of 'em have been with me for a long time....the Texicans since a year after Katrina. The Texicans do nothing but spray. They are the best with an airless that I've ever seen.

slip knot 08-20-2009 10:16 PM

Pox, Those are some sweet stairs, tried my hand at finish work and I aint got it; but I do know what it supposed to look like. and those stairs are certainly what its supposed to look like. WOW... sk

fishinpox 08-21-2009 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slip knot (Post 36606)
Pox, Those are some sweet stairs, tried my hand at finish work and I aint got it; but I do know what it supposed to look like. and those stairs are certainly what its supposed to look like. WOW... sk

ShadMan 08-21-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 36105)
im looking for 1-2 SKILLED finnish carpenters

Do they have to be Finnish? I know someone, but he is American. :p

SULPHITE 08-21-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Do they have to be Finnish? :p
Wanted to ask the same thing!:D

Salty 08-21-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadMan (Post 36689)

I didn't wanna be a smartazz.....like you, Jeff. :rolleyes::smokin:

fishinpox 08-21-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadMan (Post 36689)

why u think i bangin nails? and not doing something like proof reading!!!!!!!!:spineyes: