SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Why is the Gov Buying Ammo? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41371)

Goooh 02-18-2013 06:40 AM

Why is the Gov Buying Ammo?

Some say they are preparing for civil unrest, others say it's to make it more difficult for us to get ammo, and so on. What do you think?

Estimations right now have them with enough ammo to sustain a war like Iraq for 30 years - during peak ops we were using about 10 million rounds a month, they have purchased about 1.6 billion in the last year!

There is no way they would need that much for civil unrest.

A could years ago there was talk of them regulating the powder so that it would have a short shelf life, say 6 months to a year. This would prevent stockpiling and bulk purchases. Could they be buying up current ammo in preparation for this mandate? Beating the REAL flood of purchases and avoiding having to have ammo with short life?

Imagine how hard it will be to get rounds when they do that, what we see now ain't crap!

"W" 02-18-2013 10:29 AM

Obama Scared .........Dont matte how much ammo they have

Americans with Guns out number the Arm Forces like 100 to 1

all star rod 02-18-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 550522)
Obama Scared .........Dont matte how much ammo they have

Americans with Guns out number the Arm Forces like 100 to 1

And one fighter jet (which the american citizens do not have) would level out Jennings with 2-3 passes.....

Really, some of your comments amaze me....:work:

SULPHITE 02-18-2013 11:14 AM

Get out your tinfoil hats!!

"W" 02-18-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 550541)
And one fighter jet (which the american citizens do not have) would level out Jennings with 2-3 passes.....

Really, some of your comments amaze me....:work:

who is going to fly them???? Texas , La , Miss, Fl, Ala. Sc, Nc Ok, Tenn pilots

Dont think so!!!! If you think for one second that Americans would fire on Americas your out your freaken mind!

North vs South..........or every one against Washington

all star rod 02-18-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 550547)
who is going to fly them???? Texas , La , Miss, Fl, Ala. Sc, Nc Ok, Tenn pilots

Dont think so!!!! If you think for one second that Americans would fire on Americas your out your freaken mind!

North vs South..........or every one against Washington

I agree it will not happen....but you were the one who made the comment about americans out number the armed forces.....and these armed forces are from the same states that you mentioned in the states about....

Really, I cannot believe some peeps think that the OBAMA / Goverment is going to take our guns from us....:work:.....however, the gun and ammo companies love it and they are laughing at us all the way to the bank....

I went to cabelas yesterday and they did not have one 9mm, 22, 40 round on the shelf. Basically, they were all empty.

Goooh 02-18-2013 11:30 AM

If you read the OP, they have enough ammo now or 30 year war. Unlikely that's to fight us in civil unrest. So what's it for?

I'm betting shelf life on ammo is coming.

Goooh 02-18-2013 11:30 AM

*for 30 year war

evidrine 02-18-2013 01:41 PM

there is already a shelf life on ammo. If you have been stocking up for a while I would check it before I would trust it.

Ray 02-18-2013 06:31 PM

He will try to tax it till the Poe Folks cant hunt or target shoot. Shelf lifeis longer than you think. I found some paper 12 ga. Shellls my dad had from the late 60's he too when he evac. For Rita and I shot a couple to see if they was still good.they shot very well. Just ask the st laundry cops. Someone called on me and we was way out in the country. They got a kick out of them paper shells and foil boxes.

swampman46 02-18-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 550551)
Really, I cannot believe some peeps think that the OBAMA / Goverment is going to take our guns from us....:work:.....however, the gun and ammo companies love it and they are laughing at us all the way to the bank....

I went to cabelas yesterday and they did not have one 9mm, 22, 40 round on the shelf. Basically, they were all empty.

If for one second you think the Obama administration doesn't have an agenda...think again. Watch real carefully from here on, what NY mayor Bloomberg tries to get done. Hitler in disguise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 550554)
If you read the OP, they have enough ammo now or 30 year war. Unlikely that's to fight us in civil unrest. So what's it for?

I'm betting shelf life on ammo is coming.

Well, the gov't buying 1.6 billion rounds is definately putting the hurt on retailers and citizens as we speak.

LPfishnTIM 02-18-2013 11:42 PM

if you think the army or US troops will attack Americans your crazy, but with small arms treaty that U.N. is pushing, our evil president might allow them on US soil to push there agenda of trying to make us defenseless. its a crazy world we live in!

mcjaredsandwich 02-19-2013 12:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 550544)
Get out your tinfoil hats!!