SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   looking for mid week charter around biloxi (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55178)

woopazz403 07-24-2014 07:19 PM

looking for mid week charter around biloxi

The wife and I plan on heading down to Biloxi in the middle of August for a little vacation. Was looking for any charter recommendations around that area. It would be mid-week. All the ones I have checked out are around $350 to $400. Anyone know of any cheeper? It would only be the wife and I, and she doesnt want to spend that much haha. Any recommendations? Ideas on pricing? Also, what's the tipping etiquette for a charter if he owns his own rig and has no hands? Thanks in advance!

swamp snorkler 07-25-2014 06:15 AM

Shore Thing Charters in Bay St Louis is one of the tops in that area, they fish out of the Bayou Caddy Area in Waveland.

You not going to find anyone to take you for less than $300-$400.

mriguy 07-25-2014 06:36 AM

$350 is a bargain

MarshRat89 07-25-2014 06:42 AM

My cousin guides out of there goincoastalcharters.com $3-400 for 2 people is pretty. Cheap though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mmm

woopazz403 07-25-2014 02:47 PM

Thanks for the info guys. What about tipping etiquette? I've never been on a charter before, as I own a bay boat and just usually go out myself. Do you tip if the guide owns his rig or only if he has a hand or is employed by a company? Also, what kind of tips are expected? Just trying to get a feel for total costs on our end if we were to do it. Then I just have to talk my wife into it haha...

MarshRat89 07-25-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woopazz403 (Post 709656)
Thanks for the info guys. What about tipping etiquette? I've never been on a charter before, as I own a bay boat and just usually go out myself. Do you tip if the guide owns his rig or only if he has a hand or is employed by a company? Also, what kind of tips are expected? Just trying to get a feel for total costs on our end if we were to do it. Then I just have to talk my wife into it haha...

If you enjoyed your trip and the guide works his butt off for you regardless if you catch or not I think 25% is fair. No difference whether it's their rig or not in my opinion. Your charter fee pays for the boat and your tip pays for the guides hard work.

meaux fishing 07-25-2014 04:24 PM

I tip for good SERVICE. Just because I didnt catch a boat load of fish doesnt mean a guide didnt work his but off trying, although some times they dont. I tip anywhere from 10-25% depending on quality of service given.

Visco 07-25-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarshRat89 (Post 709660)
If you enjoyed your trip and the guide works his butt off for you regardless if you catch or not I think 25% is fair. No difference whether it's their rig or not in my opinion. Your charter fee pays for the boat and your tip pays for the guides hard work.

I agree with marshrat, I was a deckhand on a charter boat from Biloxi for ten years. The charter for an 8 hour trip was $800 and my tip was normally between $50 and $100 depending on how good I was to the charters and the type of fishing we did and caught.