SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   More idiot/inconsiderate fisherman? VB or BL? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59698)

Afishionado 05-08-2015 09:02 AM

More idiot/inconsiderate fisherman? VB or BL?

I'm gonna go with VB on this one. Seems the people at VB have zero common sense and are some inconsiderate morons.

I've had people come putt-putting with their motor (and had a trolling motor installed) through boats fishing and anchor right in the middle of everyone. I usually ask them if they're trolling motor is broken.

I've had an old moron troll right across my line off the back of my boat (literally 30 ft) and claim he didn't see me when I hollered at him.

I'm thinking about bringing a paintball gun to VB for these idiots. :pissed:

I'm sure everyone has a couple stories. Do you let people know when they're being an idiot?

latravcha 05-08-2015 09:07 AM

a 1 ounce weight across the bow usually gets their attention.

meaux fishing 05-08-2015 09:18 AM

VB in the fall is a madhouse. I only make a few trips a year inside the bay because I cant deal with that stuff

Speck Attack 05-08-2015 09:26 AM

it happens every day in the Bay...last year while fishing the north end of Southwest pass. I was working the bank 30', no where near the main channel. I had an A**hole in a green offshore boat pass between me and the bank at full speed....even his buddy who was with him...Looked surprise as the he passed by.... No respect:work:

Afishionado 05-08-2015 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 753156)
VB in the fall is a madhouse. I only make a few trips a year inside the bay because I cant deal with that stuff

That's when most of this has happened. It really pisses me off because I go out of my way to be considerate and courteous, but some people just don't give a f**k. I have no problem calling them out on it though. The way I look at, if they're just ignorant, they may learn how to be more considerate and not do it again. If they're just an a**hole, they may think twice about doing it again if you call them out on it.

saute86 05-08-2015 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Give them a love tap.

Duck Butter 05-08-2015 09:58 AM

You get a lot if folks with more money than sense around Lafayette. Never fishes in their life and decide to buy a big boat. They then feel like they HAVE to catch fish and will do what it takes to accomplish that which includes watching you catch fish and move over towards you rather than learning how to fish In the fall when you have 100 boats trying to fish 100 acres you are gonna have some problems. Best to go elsewhere and save some heartache. They're are usually biting other places too.

Thanks Obama

meaux fishing 05-08-2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afishionado (Post 753159)
That's when most of this has happened. It really pisses me off because I go out of my way to be considerate and courteous, but some people just don't give a f**k. I have no problem calling them out on it though. The way I look at, if they're just ignorant, they may learn how to be more considerate and not do it again. If they're just an a**hole, they may think twice about doing it again if you call them out on it.

Oh you better believe I'll give em a piece of my mind... The few trips I make are always weekdays and its a little better, but not much

Reefman 05-08-2015 10:01 AM

BL fishermen have far less tolerance of moron sports. You will be called out quickly on BL if you get too close, cut off someone's drift or use motor to come into an area where others are fishing. In VB there are only a handful of yearly fishermen therefore less likely to cause conflicts, besides most know each other real well. However, come fall, everybody that has any kind of boat will be out there when the inshore bite starts up. You just gotta roll with the onslaught of clueless fishermen. Reminds me of bumper car rides...I actually had several boats coast into mine over the years trying to get in on the bite. I very seldom fish inside in the fall, besides the reefs are far better with few boats out there.

Afishionado 05-08-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 753165)
Oh you better believe I'll give em a piece of my mind... The few trips I make are always weekdays and its a little better, but not much

Good, thank you! More people need to call them out or they think it's acceptable. I also try to fish weekdays but I've had a few morons do this then.

DaPointIsDaBomb 05-08-2015 10:48 AM

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/show...t=56638&page=2

Read my post #22. Buncha idiots on vbay for sure

Afishionado 05-08-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb (Post 753174)
http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/show...t=56638&page=2

Read my post #22. Buncha idiots on vbay for sure

That sounds about right for VB. :spineyes:

Afishionado 05-08-2015 11:12 AM

BTW, are those coordinates in the pic at the top of that page legit? I could use a few of them.

jpeff31787 05-08-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speck Attack (Post 753158)
it happens every day in the Bay...last year while fishing the north end of Southwest pass. I was working the bank 30', no where near the main channel. I had an A**hole in a green offshore boat pass between me and the bank at full speed....even his buddy who was with him...Looked surprise as the he passed by.... No respect:work:

I have to ask was it Megabytes, with white etec? I've had some of the same experiences with Mr I Own the Bay....

meaux fishing 05-08-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 753190)
I have to ask was it Megabytes, with white etec? I've had some of the same experiences with Mr I Own the Bay....

wouldnt surprise me

Speck Attack 05-08-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 753190)

No it was not our Buddy "T"....it was a fiberglass haul with a yama....

MathGeek 05-08-2015 07:18 PM

I've never run into an inconsiderate fisherman on Big Lake.

I'm sure it happens, it just has not happened to me.

meaux fishing 05-08-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathGeek (Post 753249)
I've never run into an inconsiderate fisherman on Big Lake.

I'm sure it happens, it just has not happened to me.

You aren't fishing where the inconsiderate fishermen lurk.... They tend to stay shallow and chase trout

MathGeek 05-08-2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 753267)
You aren't fishing where the inconsiderate fishermen lurk.... They tend to stay shallow and chase trout

We spent a few years mostly in Turner's Bay. No problems. Even had a motor problem and the next guy who passed towed us back to Calcasieu Point. We'd run down to Texaco cut often, but we never did much at the weirs, old jetties, west cove, or long point.

Dogface 05-08-2015 09:04 PM

I have only fished Big Lake a few times but I don't see how they could be as inconsiderate as the people at V B. I won't think about fishing the cove in the fall.