SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conservationist's Corner (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Trophy Trout Harvest Tags (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9136)

B-Stealth 04-01-2010 09:18 PM

Trophy Trout Harvest Tags

W's last post got me thinking about tags and resoucre managment.

Heres my idea.

Upon purchasing your saltwater fishing liscene you receive a "Trophy Trout Harvest Tag".

With this tag you can harvest one trout excedding 26" per fishing season.

2 additional tags may be purchased for 100$ a tag; and the proceeds will fund trout tagging research.

Who's with me?

Jordan 04-01-2010 09:23 PM

Seems like a good deed. Who would know if u didn't buy the "2 additional tags" and still kept and killed hawgs ???? There aren't that many "honest" fisherman

Raymond 04-02-2010 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 135171)
Seems like a good deed. Who would know if u didn't buy the "2 additional tags" and still kept and killed hawgs ???? There aren't that many "honest" fisherman

Jordan, the only reason to keep a huge trout is to mount and if it is mounted, the taxidermists will have to see the tag. This is done in Tx with redfish and quiet successful I believe. I am down with it, sign it into law boys.:grinpimp:

B-Stealth 04-02-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 135219)
Jordan, the only reason to keep a huge trout is to mount and if it is mounted, the taxidermists will have to see the tag. This is done in Tx with redfish and quiet successful I believe. I am down with it, sign it into law boys.:grinpimp:

Exactly Raymond, turkey tags, deer tags, elk, ect.

Do you think 26 is a good lenght or should it be 24 or 25?

cmdrost 04-02-2010 08:17 AM

I like the idea! It should prob be 25" since that is what the maximum size restrictions are. You can only keep 2 over 25" on big lake right now.

B-Stealth 04-02-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrost (Post 135228)
I like the idea! It should prob be 25" since that is what the maximum size restrictions are. You can only keep 2 over 25" on big lake right now.

Good deal, lets go meet with the Governor next week, and get it done you have his cell # right?

cmdrost 04-02-2010 08:25 AM

ha....nope. Not as well connected as W claims.

"W" 04-02-2010 09:40 AM

HA you boys are wild.........to tell you the truth I don't even know. What the rule is now. I know you can't keep two over a certain length but I have no idea what that. Length is...don't care.

That's just another politic man made none proven law..

Facts is big trout are. Useless over. 8lbs....there at the end of there life. But the big trout fishermen don't tag any of them to know facts. They just (key. Word) assume it helps!!

Gerald 04-02-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 135168)
W's last post got me thinking about tags and resoucre managment.

Heres my idea.

Upon purchasing your saltwater fishing liscene you receive a "Trophy Trout Harvest Tag".

With this tag you can harvest one trout excedding 26" per fishing season.

2 additional tags may be purchased for 100$ a tag; and the proceeds will fund trout tagging research.

Who's with me?

Why do you want to "Restrict" the harvest of big trout?

The current limit is set at 2 Trout over 25" long per DAY. We are allowed 2 per day or 730 big trout per year......if we were so lucky.

And you want to change this so we can only catch one trout over 26" per year?

Are you suggesting this change to make you "FEEL GOOD" like the CCA boys.

B-Stealth 04-02-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 135245)
HA you boys are wild.........to tell you the truth I don't even know. What the rule is now. I know you can't keep two over a certain length but I have no idea what that. Length is...don't care.

That's just another politic man made none proven law..

Facts is big trout are. Useless over. 8lbs....there at the end of there life. But the big trout fishermen don't tag any of them to know facts. They just (key. Word) assume it helps!!

I'm sorry W your right your the only one who tags trout on Big Lake.

B-Stealth 04-02-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald (Post 135253)
Why do you want to "Restrict" the harvest of big trout?

The current limit is set at 2 Trout over 25" long per DAY. We are allowed 2 per day or 730 big trout per year......if we were so lucky.

And you want to change this so we can only catch one trout over 26" per year?

Are you suggesting this change to make you "FEEL GOOD" like the CCA boys.

1. To keep big trout in the water and in the gene pool.

2. No you can catch 100 26 plus trout if you like, and keep as many as 3 per year if you purchased the 2 extra tags.

3. How would you "FEEL" if you didnt have any more big trout?

"W" 04-02-2010 12:11 PM

bay no..I'm not the only one who tags there are several...but the ones running to Baton Rouge are not tagging!!!!

My outlook is we have a 15 trout limit....over 12inches...that's what I keep..

Big trout gene pool is crap...not one half a piece of frogs. Azz hairs evidence of this.....that's another I assume...

12inch trout has every chance to grow up tp 10lbs

cmdrost 04-02-2010 12:29 PM

W start tagging big ones if they are so easy to catch and they're so common out there.

bay_slayer 04-02-2010 12:32 PM

How bout ya'll make that law applicable to ONLY Big Lake and close surrounding areas, like the 15 fish limit ya'll have over there. If you are really worried about letting the fish get big, dont fish at all...................hows that for being a conservationist.

"W" 04-02-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrost (Post 135280)
W start tagging big ones if they are so easy to catch and they're so common out there.

I have been tagging some good ones..... This year I think I have tagged 4 over. 6 and. Some 5s and a good load of 4s....I'm on it padna

Salty 04-02-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 135275)
bay no..I'm not the only one who tags there are several...but the ones running to Baton Rouge are not tagging!!!!

My outlook is we have a 15 trout limit....over 12inches...that's what I keep..

Big trout gene pool is crap...not one half a piece of frogs. Azz hairs evidence of this.....that's another I assume...

12inch trout has every chance to grow up tp 10lbs

WHAT? :confused: :confused: :confused: Stop typin' in riddles. :smokin:

Salty 04-02-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 135286)
I have been tagging some good ones..... This year I think I have tagged 4 over. 6 and. Some 5s and a good load of 4s....I'm on it padna

Who caught 'em? :smokin:

Ray 04-02-2010 03:13 PM

If'n they pass that law, I am releasing all fish over 25".
Dead or alive. I ain't paying to $100 to catch a fish.
It is already costing me enuff.

huntin fool 04-02-2010 03:27 PM

Waltrip i was going to tag today...but i figured ya might get mad, since i didn't ask. :)