SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Baby Shower for Wyatt... Donations requested (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24618)

Bluechip 10-26-2011 06:16 PM

Baby Shower for Wyatt... Donations requested

As most of you know, one of our long time members Mediumheavyaction 6'6 asked for our prayers a few days ago concerning the condition of his son that was born at 24 weeks of age.

All Lucas has asked for is prayers but I would like for the saltycajuns to dig deep and help the Brother out!!!!

Paypal your money too PaulMyers@pccsjm.com

For anyone that doesn't know the story, I have copied and pasted it from a previous post.....

As most of you know the wife and I were expecting our first child in February. Saturday morning that all changed and the baby decided to he was ready for this world way too early. Wyatt Michael burst onto the scene at 24 weeks of justation and as to be expected is in critical condition. All I can ask from my fellow Cajuns is for some prayers that this little coonass has as much tenacity as his daddy and will win this long and arduous journey. Wyatt is as good as can be expected at this point and is stable, which is all we can ask for. My wife is fine and we are getting better every day. Keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers.

Montauk17 10-26-2011 06:18 PM

That's awesome man! Lucas is good people he deserves it!

Bluechip 10-26-2011 06:22 PM

Yes he is and Yes he does...

"H" 10-26-2011 06:55 PM

Good idea...I'll participate.

Big Kahunaz 10-26-2011 07:06 PM

I missed that thread but prayers sent Lucas! Like the name you chose too! Donations on the way!

PaulMyers 10-26-2011 07:07 PM

Don't be turned off due to the account not being verified. I just opened this account a few minutes ago. I can't verify it for 2 to 3 days.

Anybody not having a PayPal account or not wanting to open one, email or PM me your email address and I will send a PayPal Request for Funds. You can then pay using a CC or an E-Check.

Craig, Daniel and Casey thanks for making this happen! It's because of people like you that SaltyCajun and its members are able to help people when needed. Great Job!

EVO

fishmaster911 10-26-2011 07:25 PM

Moved...

southern151 10-26-2011 08:03 PM

I'll sign up tomorrow when I'm on my pc. Let me know what else I can do!

jdm4x43732 10-26-2011 08:04 PM

Thanks to all those who donated for a good cause!! I've had a sick child before and support from friends goes a long way.

1fastmerc 10-26-2011 08:11 PM

I work with Lucas's brother-n-law. In the morning with yalls permission I'm gonna show him this thread to show him the support that his sister and brother-n-law have on saltycajun.

PaulMyers 10-26-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fastmerc (Post 341529)
I work with Lucas's brother-n-law. In the morning with yalls permission I'm gonna show him this thread to show him the support that his sister and brother-n-law have on saltycajun.

You don't need permission to show someone the site or this thread. Go for it!

EVO

SaltyShaw 10-26-2011 08:16 PM

Lucas is a great guy he deserves all the help and prayers we can give him! I missed the thread as well prayers sent buddy hope all goes well!
I'll send a donation as soon as I can and will also put something together to pitch in to help, great thing y'all are doing here!!

sears 10-26-2011 08:20 PM

Please send request for funds to sears4976 @ yahoo.com

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Matt G 10-26-2011 08:34 PM

WOW. Talk about a stand up group of guys!! One of the many reasons this site is so popular. How do you Paypal funds??? Been a while since I used it, but I would like to donate. My wife is 29 weeks along now and I wouldn't know what I would do with myself in that situation.

mcjaredsandwich 10-26-2011 08:41 PM

I will make a donation when I get to a pc.

southern151 10-26-2011 08:41 PM

I've still got my bag of goodies that I won at the SC tourney. There's a lot of baits in there from, God knows who but, is like to pass them along, if that's possible.

PaulMyers 10-26-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 341544)
WOW. Talk about a stand up group of guys!! One of the many reasons this site is so popular. How do you Paypal funds??? Been a while since I used it, but I would like to donate. My wife is 29 weeks along now and I wouldn't know what I would do with myself in that situation.

If you don't have a PayPal account, send me a PM with your email address and how much you want to donate. I'll send a PayPal request for Funds and you will be able to pay with CC or an electronic check without signing up for PayPal.

Mediumheavyaction6'6 10-26-2011 09:02 PM

Thanks everyone for putting this together. My wife and I can't thank y'all enough and we are both sitting here reading all these responses and are touched.

An update for everyone:

Wyatt is doing as well if not a little better than he is expected to. He has handled all the medications he has been administered really well and is responding positively. With a premature baby of this age and size he is in critical condition and has a really long road ahead. The more time he stays stable the better it is for him in the long run. Wyatt still needs your prayers and any that y'all provide helps us a lot.

1fastmerc 10-26-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediumheavyaction6'6 (Post 341561)
Thanks everyone for putting this together. My wife and I can't thank y'all enough and we are both sitting here reading all these responses and are touched.

An update for everyone:

Wyatt is doing as well if not a little better than he is expected to. He has handled all the medications he has been administered really well and is responding positively. With a premature baby of this age and size he is in critical condition and has a really long road ahead. The more time he stays stable the better it is for him in the long run. Wyatt still needs your prayers and any that y'all provide helps us a lot.

My heart and prayers go out for y'all.

speck-chaser 10-26-2011 09:31 PM

I musta missed the earlier thread too!! Sure will pray for yall,and do what we can!!

marshworks 10-26-2011 09:33 PM

Big prayers sent dude. Bluechip, check your pm.

huntin fool 10-26-2011 10:05 PM

Prayers sent man

Chris Havoc 10-26-2011 10:30 PM

Goodluck to little Wyatt, sounds like he needs all he can get....Hang in there Lucas, we are all thinking about you and your family.

Dink 10-26-2011 10:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Guys, I'm gonna pull at your heart strings a little bit here so that you actually know what Lucas and his wife are going through........I want you to look at your little ones for a second, then picture them like this................Trust me........You wouldn't have gone to work till it was all over. They're gonna need some help folks. It's the least we could do...............

southern151 10-26-2011 10:53 PM

My hands are open and ready to help. On a brighter note, you should see some the recent pics of Dink's son! He's grown into a fine looking little man, despite paternal genes! Lol!...Sorry but, I had to try to lighten the mood a little.

God Bless little Wyatt!

DUCKGOGETTER 10-27-2011 09:21 AM

Prayers sent to the man upstairs for you and your family at this time of need. Will be glad to help out any way i can.

mikedatiger 10-27-2011 08:03 PM

Bumping this up for a great cause.

Mediumheavyaction6'6 10-27-2011 09:25 PM

Just spoke with the hospital to get an update on Wyatt. His lungs seem to be doing well and his vent settings are staying well below where they should be. He has PDA and is on his second round of medication but that is expected. He is on two different blood pressure medications but that probably has something to do with the PDA. I am sorry to say use acronyms that most of you may not know but it gets the point across. Give me a few more days and I will post some pics of my little man.

Bluechip 10-27-2011 09:35 PM

Thanks for the update Lucas!!! Sounds like everything is stable.

Mediumheavyaction6'6 10-27-2011 09:46 PM

Everything is stable Craig and that is a good thing.

fishmaster911 10-27-2011 09:51 PM

Thats Great news Lucas ! Still sending prayers !

Country Boy 10-27-2011 09:58 PM

Real good news man,i have a good feeling everything will be just fine with all the support and prayers.

mcjaredsandwich 10-27-2011 10:08 PM

Remember it is in Gods hands. He is amazing and has plans for you and yours. Praying for you, that he will bring you comfort and peace in this stressful time. God is good.

PaulMyers 10-27-2011 10:13 PM

Lucas, thanks for sharing with us.
Its the little things that really matter right now. That is truly great news.

Hang in there, my family is praying for you and yours, especially Wyatt!

EVO

weedeater 10-28-2011 05:50 AM

Paul any chance I can just drop some cash with you to get in the mix of this, I want to do my part how ever I can

southern151 10-28-2011 07:43 AM

Great news Lucas! Keep the faith!

1fastmerc 10-28-2011 07:45 AM

Prayer does wonders.

SaltyShaw 10-28-2011 08:46 AM

Good to hear Ol Chap!! You and the fam will definately still be in my prayers, hope all is well budd.

PaulMyers 10-28-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 342148)
Paul any chance I can just drop some cash with you to get in the mix of this, I want to do my part how ever I can

Sure thing!

EVO

all star rod 10-28-2011 09:58 AM

Is the pay pal set up here on the site???

PaulMyers 10-28-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 342205)
Is the pay pal set up here on the site???

No its not but if you would rather send the PayPal to Casey, by all means do so. It will all end up in the same pot. I just opened a separate personal account on PayPal for this raffle. paulmyers @ pccsjm . com

mcjaredsandwich 10-28-2011 10:11 AM

Just donated what I could afford. Yall are some stand up guys for putting this together. Still praying for wyatt and your family Lucas. He's a fighter.

Ray 10-28-2011 10:39 AM

Money sent.

Signcutter21 10-28-2011 10:58 AM

I got one on the way too, about just as far along. I can't imagine the stress you all are going through. Many prayers for you, momma and that young fighter you both have the blessing of calling son. Sending the donation now. Best wishes and Congratulations on the boy.

mike

blackmamba 10-28-2011 12:15 PM

Great news Lucas. Hang in there and know that we are keeping your family in our prayers

DUCKGOGETTER 10-28-2011 06:57 PM

Great news keeping ya'll in our prayers

Mediumheavyaction6'6 10-29-2011 08:37 AM

Little Wyatt just made a week old about 20 minutes ago. It seems like it has been a year already but it also hard to believe it has been a week. The doctors seem satisfied with Wyatt's lung progress and have been encouraging up to this point on his overall progress. I'll know more later this afternoon and will bring y'all up to speed assuming y'all want to know what is going on? This has been a wild ride but having people like y'all to support us in our time of need makes it just a little bit easier. We thank you for that, especially people who I have never met.

1fastmerc 10-29-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediumheavyaction6'6 (Post 342467)
Little Wyatt just made a week old about 20 minutes ago. It seems like it has been a year already but it also hard to believe it has been a week. The doctors seem satisfied with Wyatt's lung progress and have been encouraging up to this point on his overall progress. I'll know more later this afternoon and will bring y'all up to speed assuming y'all want to know what is going on? This has been a wild ride but having people like y'all to support us in our time of need makes it just a little bit easier. We thank you for that, especially people who I have never met.

Of course we want to be kept updated. Hearing that he is doing good is awesome. We will be sure to keep him in our prayers.

jdm4x43732 10-29-2011 09:20 AM

glad to hear the good news.

Bluechip 10-29-2011 09:34 AM

A week old already!!!! Excellent news....and yes, keep us updated.