SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Drip Pot Info Help (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68125)

duckman1911 01-30-2018 02:44 PM

Drip Pot Info Help

1 Attachment(s)
Found this today at lunch. Some people had tossed it on the curb for the city trash to pick up. Never seen one like this before. It's in great shape and all parts are there. No plans on using it but a cool old collectors piece to have. Anyone seen one like this?. The name is mostly worn away. First name is Drip but can only make out the last 3 letters of the last name(tor).

Reefman 01-30-2018 04:56 PM

Duckman, I think you have more of a tea pot. Very unusual to have the spout low to the bottom in a coffee pot. Perhaps look under "wearever" vintage pots...looks very close to a few I saw.

duckman1911 01-30-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefman (Post 831819)
Duckman, I think you have more of a tea pot. Very unusual to have the spout low to the bottom in a coffee pot. Perhaps look under "wearever" vintage pots...looks very close to a few I saw.

I thought so too at first and you may be corr3ct. Has a large basket for coffee grounds. Maybe tea also. Lile I said I havr no plans to use it. I don't plan on selling either. Cool find and I don't understand why it would be tossed to thr trash. Give it to someone if nothing else.

FF_T_Warren 01-30-2018 09:54 PM

I think you have a coffee pot and I think your “tor” is the ending of percolator. The handle highly resembles a mirro or viko pot from my searches. But I can’t find an exact match. Those 2 had handles that were almost identical but couldn’t find a pot shape like that one. Good luck and let us know

duckman1911 01-30-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren (Post 831826)
I think you have a coffee pot and I think your ?tor? is the ending of percolator. The handle highly resembles a mirro or viko pot from my searches. But I can?t find an exact match. Those 2 had handles that were almost identical but couldn?t find a pot shape like that one. Good luck and let us know

I looked at plenty from the 50's era and the handles are plastic. This handle is wood. It's a straight up drip pot. No desire to sell it at all just looking for a time frame. Just a really cool piece and I can't believe someone would just trash it. I ain't too proud to dumpster dive something like that.

FF_T_Warren 01-31-2018 03:48 AM

From the few things I saw, the wood handles were more of a French style design.

swamp snorkler 01-31-2018 11:15 AM

Why wouldn't you use it, they make a fine pot of coffee.

duckman1911 01-31-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 831845)
Why wouldn't you use it, they make a fine pot of coffee.

I don't drink coffee anymore. Haven't had a cup in a few years.

shrky57 01-31-2018 03:53 PM

any pics of inside

duckman1911 01-31-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrky57 (Post 831855)
any pics of inside

I'll get some.