SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Red Light Camera (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66089)

yigodiver 11-28-2016 07:29 PM

Red Light Camera

Hey all, need some advice, just got a notice of violation from Baton Rouge, of running a red light.

Question is, can I fight this, do I just not pay it or just pay and forget about it. What are the implications for not paying it?

According to the camera, I was just crossing into the intersection as the light changed.

Stinks to get a request for payment, and I am guilty until proven innocent, and if I pay am admitting guilt.

Feesherman 11-28-2016 07:49 PM

Just throw dat away and don worry about it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

swampman46 11-28-2016 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yigodiver (Post 812166)
Hey all, need some advice, just got a notice of violation from Baton Rouge, of running a red light.

Question is, can I fight this, do I just not pay it or just pay and forget about it. What are the implications for not paying it?

According to the camera, I was just crossing into the intersection as the light changed.

Stinks to get a request for payment, and I am guilty until proven innocent, and if I pay am admitting guilt.

Fight it? Seriously? Pay the $25 and be done with it. Unless you think the camera was lying-you're guilty as charged. Sheesh. :cool:

yigodiver 11-28-2016 09:19 PM

BR is quite a bit more, they want $117!

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampman46 (Post 812179)
Fight it? Seriously? Pay the $25 and be done with it. Unless you think the camera was lying-you're guilty as charged. Sheesh. :cool:

marshrunner757 11-28-2016 09:38 PM

I think traffic cameras are BS. Were you driving the vehicle? Can they ID you in the pic? What if your buddy borrowed your truck? But, just as well send them your money with a nice note telling them to choke on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

swampman46 11-28-2016 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yigodiver (Post 812180)
BR is quite a bit more, they want $117!

Wow Lafayette it's 25 all day everyday. And it doesn't go on your record-so no insurance hikes.

specktator 11-29-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampman46 (Post 812187)
Wow Lafayette it's 25 all day everyday. And it doesn't go on your record-so no insurance hikes.

I'm pretty sure it's a good bit more for running a red light. Got me once. Close to $100 I believe.

yigodiver 11-29-2016 09:03 AM

No Picture of who was driving the car, at least to me, this is a case of Guilty until proven innocent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshrunner757 (Post 812182)
I think traffic cameras are BS. Were you driving the vehicle? Can they ID you in the pic? What if your buddy borrowed your truck? But, just as well send them your money with a nice note telling them to choke on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

FREON 11-29-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 812172)

X2

reverandreed 11-29-2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 812172)

It's a civil fine, not criminal. It won't go on your record or affect insurance rates. However, the outstanding fine can be turned over to collections which could have an effect on your credit score.

You could appeal, but it would be out of principle only if your time is worth more than the savings. It's a messed up system. Talk to your local officials if they are considering these cameras and convince them otherwise.

swamp snorkler 11-29-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yigodiver (Post 812166)

I got a speeding ticket in NOLA, after going back and forth whether or not to pay up, I just paid the $120. My number one reason I paid it is because if you are parked curbside with an unpaid ticket they can boot your car. Thats a big *** headache and I park in NOLA a lot curbside. I've been going to Saints games since 09 parking for free curbside instead of paying $30-$50 a game, I think I'n ahead of the game.

swamp snorkler 11-29-2016 12:51 PM

By the way, if you drive a pickup truck drive around with your tailgate down, they can't get the license plate that way.

ckinchen 11-30-2016 01:56 PM

Houston spent millions of dollars on the cameras then after only being around a few weeks they were pulled.

rustyb 11-30-2016 01:56 PM

Got me with the tailgate down. When it flashed me i laughed. Then i got it in the mail with tailgate down and kids dirt bike in bed.

Pat Babaz 11-30-2016 04:06 PM

Send them a picture of a $100 bill. That should square things up:grinpimp:

alphaman 11-30-2016 10:39 PM

They have no real proof to give you a ticket. Because Think of this way. can you see a red light in the picture they send you..... No so they have no proof that you ran a red light?
No proof no money lol
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

redaddiction 11-30-2016 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaman (Post 812342)
They have no real proof to give you a ticket. Because Think of this way. can you see a red light in the picture they send you..... No so they have no proof that you ran a red light?
No proof no money lol
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I know here in Lafayette, they have video footage of you and the light. Ask me how I know!! LOL There is a website they give you in the notice where you can go view it.

PathfinderNI 12-01-2016 12:35 PM

Don't think there's anything they can do to you

if you don't pay it. My MIL had several from the Lafayette area and never sent it in and hasn't had any issues with it. She said it said "If you want to pay this fine", LOL. If it were me I would probably send the payment, but that is a lot.

redaddiction 12-01-2016 12:39 PM

I heard it will go on your credit report if not paid.

rardoin 12-01-2016 04:09 PM

In Lafayette they will threaten to refer the account to a collection agency...and that will affect your credit if they follow through.