SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   cheap and easy face paint (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49847)

herohunts 12-04-2013 02:04 AM

cheap and easy face paint

Hey guys I was looking on the web and came across a cool little idea for us duck hunters. I want to see if any one else has tryed it and how affective is it ? This older gentleman was taken a wine bottle cork and burning the end. he would use the cork like a marker. when he was done he put it in an old flim container. he said it last for ever. any one ever tryed this. does it work couldnt up load pictures to see how it looked.

DeeCee 12-04-2013 06:02 AM

I buddies Dad was a paratrooper in WWII. That is what they used. When we were kids he would do that to us when we went hunting.

Feesherman 12-04-2013 06:12 AM

Lol y paint ur face? Cause u seen it on duck dynasty?

BloodKnot 12-04-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 648116)
Lol y paint ur face? Cause u seen it on duck dynasty?

Agree. Went to Brown's Grocery in Hackberry around 10AM Saturday morning. Everyone had face paint. Thanks for the laugh! :rotfl: Make up artist in the marsh!! And grow a long beard...

Instead of make up...Put more detail and attention on grassing your blind. Then when ducks are working, get down in the blind.

And I like watching duck dynasty. It makes me laugh too!

Shawn Braquet 12-04-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodKnot (Post 648117)
Agree. Went to Brown's Grocery in Hackberry around 10AM Saturday morning. Everyone had face paint. Thanks for the laugh! :rotfl: Make up artist in the marsh!! And grow a long beard...

Instead of make up...Put more detail and attention on grassing your blind. Then when ducks are working, get down in the blind.

And I like watching duck dynasty. It makes me laugh too!

Bingo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

swamp snorkler 12-04-2013 07:34 AM

I sent some Cooyans at the Sonic last week in full out Camo with face paint. They had the F-250 FX4s with window stickers pulling the brand new GatorTails with the pop up blinds.

Top Dawg 12-04-2013 07:35 AM

Face paint..... Lmao

BassYakR 12-04-2013 07:38 AM

we face painted deer hunting since i was like 5 years old... didnt know it makes you unCOOL.

Top Dawg 12-04-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 648127)
we face painted deer hunting since i was like 5 years old... didnt know it makes you unCOOL.

Opposite. It makes you cool

AubreyLaHaye458 12-04-2013 07:42 AM

I don't face paint cause I am kinda dark complected. But I do know that no amount of camo or brush is enough to hide a big ole moon face staring up at ducks overhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BassYakR 12-04-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 648128)
Opposite. It makes you cool

Id say probably like ULTRACOOL... bc we did it before it was cool!

BloodKnot 12-04-2013 07:54 AM

Face Paint isn't about cool or uncool. It's a trend right now because of duck dynasty. Also, I am seeing more beards. It's just funny. Hey, knock yourself out.

And as for moon faces, sit down, hide, look down. If you are doing the calling, figure it out...this shouldn't be your first rodeo if you are calling...

BassYakR 12-04-2013 08:22 AM

i dont duck hunt anyways... only deer.... maybe i should be painting my face while wade fishing... trout wont be able to see me :)

PotLikinisAhabbit 12-04-2013 08:32 AM

Must be a lot of muffler mechanics in hackberry. Don't eye **** the ducks and you shouldn't need face paint. Getting back to hero's question, I have seen the cork used. Looks like it was more of a hassle than the paint. Guy kept burning his face lol. Not sure how many uses you can get out of one though.

Matt G 12-04-2013 08:45 AM

Grab a handful of mud and slather that crap on your face and roll. Willie says it helps hide your scent from the ducks!! :rotfl: :rotfl: Not to mention women pay big money for them mud baths.

meaux fishing 12-04-2013 08:46 AM

We painted a yellow labs face with mud one time under his eyes just to be ridiculous... We kept joking about him moonpieing the ducks so somebody said lets paint his face. Wish I could find the pics.

specktator 12-04-2013 08:51 AM

I don't use it much but my boys I hunt with do. I usually have a good beard going during duck season and I'm dark complected. One of my buddies in my lease has a big ole white pie face and can't grow facial hair so I like when he wears paint. I bought some in Arkansas last season. It looks like a mini deodorant stick and has 3 diff colors sticking up. You just rub it on. Pretty easy and not messy at all.

bgizzle 12-04-2013 09:08 AM

I usually call so I try my best to locate the ducks before the shot. I just wear a thin face mask. That paint feels nasty on ya face. Wine corks burning smell bad. Just don't look!!!

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

cgoods17 12-04-2013 09:42 AM

i love looking at all the face paint now days... apparently nobody knows how to grass a blind or even hunt for that matter...

Good luck to all the face painters out there!

Spunt Drag 12-04-2013 10:05 AM

If you're caught Piefacing in the blind with us, you get scalded and ridiculed mercilessly for the rest of your natural life. And if you're caught painting your face, it's worse. If you're not calling you've got no busines with your face looking anywhere but straight down. Period.