SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New Duce same problems? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54813)

grizzon30s 07-09-2014 02:40 PM

New Duce same problems?

So duce is back up and running it seems. I've seen new rods on their website and ive heard mention of it on this website. I own and still use several of their rods and have always been happy with the product itself. Service left a lot to be desired. I have an issue that I need help with and it seems so far their service is no better under the new management. Emails and calls go unanswered just like before. What a shame, I really hoped they would change for the better so I could continue to support local and use their good products.

BayBolt23 07-09-2014 05:20 PM

PM Hitinitdaily, he'll hook u up

grizzon30s 07-10-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BayBolt23 (Post 705400)
PM Hitinitdaily, he'll hook u up

Thanks but that's kinda besides the point. I support local companies for a couple reasons. I like to help my local community and because I expect that it would be easier to get service locally. It's just frustrating when you realize that you can almost send a rod back to a national company out of California and have the thing back prior to your local guys even returning an email.

BuckingFastard 07-10-2014 09:41 AM

dang, sucks to hear that.

BuckingFastard 07-10-2014 09:41 AM

hey h20 express has great warranty!!!!

shellman 07-10-2014 10:07 AM

Rods

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzon30s (Post 705589)
Thanks but that's kinda besides the point. I support local companies for a couple reasons. I like to help my local community and because I expect that it would be easier to get service locally. It's just frustrating when you realize that you can almost send a rod back to a national company out of California and have the thing back prior to your local guys even returning an email.

Thanks for the feedback. Made my mind up on Deuce rods.Thanks.....

Goooh 07-10-2014 10:08 AM

Par

bayouchub 07-10-2014 02:33 PM

Im sure theres a good explanation. They may be out of town. Just sit tight.

grizzon30s 07-10-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellman (Post 705622)
Thanks for the feedback. Made my mind up on Deuce rods.Thanks.....

Out of town shouldn't matter with a business. Just saying. That was the problem with the old owners. They were always out of town running power boats or doing whatever and not taking care of their business!
I did however hear from cade and had the opportunity to meet him. He went above my expectations on my broken rod. He really did. I talked to him for a while and he is well aware of the company's previous problems. He knows that lots of people liked the rods but hated the service and I agree. He is determined to give better service. I experienced it today, time will tell if it will last. I hope he can make this company work, I really do. I got a chance to play with the new rods and they are great. I even bought one. That should say a lot. I was like many others, loving the rods but not willing to give duce another dime until I felt like I was making a good investment. A rod of that cost is an investment after all. So I gave them another chance, maybe time will show me to be a fool, but I think not. I think that duce finally has an actual business man in place to run things; otherwise I would have kept my money in my pocket.

mriguy 07-10-2014 06:39 PM

Glad it worked out for you.

Quackhead62 07-10-2014 07:42 PM

I have nothing but good things to say about their customer service. Cade responded to my email the same day and with in a few days my new rod was at my door. And this rod was 2 years old and he held up their end of the warranty.

Lake Chuck Duck 07-10-2014 09:19 PM

What exactly does a duce rod warranty consist of?

specknation 07-10-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 705828)

That's what every sucker on this site that bought one would love to know. LOL

grizzon30s 07-10-2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 705828)

He said he is giving a 5yr warranty on the rods he is selling now.

fishinpox 07-10-2014 10:06 PM

Lmao here we go again... Duce.... Pttttf .....you ever wanna ruin a business?? Let the guys from Duce run it for a week!

BuckingFastard 07-11-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 705845)
Lmao here we go again... Duce.... Pttttf .....you ever wanna ruin a business?? Let the guys from Duce run it for a week!

haha yep

BassYakR 07-11-2014 09:59 AM

sounds to me like they are goin good now... maybe I misread what grizzon30s posted.

BuckingFastard 07-11-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 705919)
sounds to me like they are goin good now... maybe I misread what grizzon30s posted.

definitely misread it

BassYakR 07-11-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzon30s (Post 705789)
Out of town shouldn't matter with a business. Just saying. That was the problem with the old owners. They were always out of town running power boats or doing whatever and not taking care of their business!
I did however hear from cade and had the opportunity to meet him. He went above my expectations on my broken rod. He really did. I talked to him for a while and he is well aware of the company's previous problems. He knows that lots of people liked the rods but hated the service and I agree. He is determined to give better service. I experienced it today, time will tell if it will last. I hope he can make this company work, I really do. I got a chance to play with the new rods and they are great. I even bought one. That should say a lot. I was like many others, loving the rods but not willing to give duce another dime until I felt like I was making a good investment. A rod of that cost is an investment after all. So I gave them another chance, maybe time will show me to be a fool, but I think not. I think that duce finally has an actual business man in place to run things; otherwise I would have kept my money in my pocket.

Sure sounds like a happy customer to me!

grizzon30s 07-11-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 705919)

I was initially upset. But then they made everything right. Just wanted to make sure I posted the good with the bad.