SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Things I MUST See in Baton Rouge (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9177)

Waterbowl 04-03-2010 06:25 PM

Things I MUST See in Baton Rouge

Hey guys I got my girl friend here this weekend and we have been busy sight seeing. What I was wondering is what is there that we must see before she leaves. Doesn't have to be in Baton Rouge but with in a hour. Any help would be great.Oh yea nothing in New Orleans we have been there and done that again this trip. Thanks everyone

fishinpox 04-03-2010 06:30 PM

http://www.houmashouse.com/ mike take her here you will like it and so will she its a bad azz place and down the road form the plantation there is a resturant called "the cabin" its a old slave quarters that they turned into a resturant

Salty 04-03-2010 06:51 PM

Take away New Orleans and Baton Rouge and there ain't much left around here.

fishinpox 04-03-2010 06:53 PM

you can drive across the hwy11 bridge tomorrow in slidell if yer lucky you might see me and a lil sock action over the side the boat:p

simplepeddler 04-03-2010 07:03 PM

top of the Shaw building.
Drinks at Tsunami's
The "Little Village" on airline.......just eat "the bread" place is pricey.

Take her out to Val's in Maurepas for the best damn fried shrimp in world.

A Ride out to the Tickfaw Wildlife museum could be cool too.....

Bring the Boat and do Blind River Bar

catch.and.fillet 04-03-2010 07:44 PM

Plantation houses...eat at Hymel's and take the river road to the Boggs bridge. Go to San Francisco house, cross the bridge, and then go to Oak Alley. After that, head to Donaldsonville for a walkaround. Enjoy deep south Louisiana...

yak'em-n-stack'em 04-03-2010 08:07 PM

actually, the area would be better without the *****s in those two cities salty

check out mikes cage on LSU's campus if you get a chance, or go to the baseball game tomorrow at noon, maybe ASR can help you out

specktator 04-03-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em (Post 135634)

check out mikes cage on LSU's campus if you get a chance, or go to the baseball game tomorrow at noon, maybe ASR can help you out

Hahaha

swamp snorkler 04-03-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catch.and.fillet (Post 135623)
Plantation houses...eat at Hymel's and take the river road to the Boggs bridge. Go to San Francisco house, cross the bridge, and then go to Oak Alley. After that, head to Donaldsonville for a walkaround. Enjoy deep south Louisiana...

Thats south but not deep south, I agree with fishinpox, Houmas House and the Cabin

Salty 04-03-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em (Post 135634)

Should'a went today. :smokin: :cry: :p

yak'em-n-stack'em 04-03-2010 08:30 PM

blah blah blah,

haha

Dink 04-03-2010 10:13 PM

Mike, y'all want a swamp tour in Henderson? Lemme know, ill take y'all tomorrow........beautiful place!!!!!

Big Flounder 04-03-2010 11:39 PM

Wish I would have seen this earlier. I have a friend that has some property on the Comite river and we hung out all day and bar b qed on the beach! Just got home! We had a little poker tourny too! You'll could have came.

Waterbowl 04-04-2010 07:48 AM

I want to thank everyone for the ideas. She has chosen the Houma House and the restaurant Cabin for lunch. There were some great ideas. She leaves tomorrow so if anyone has any open spots for fishing let me know. I only have 3 weeks left and still have not had one of those legendary Louisiana Red Fish days. Got Beer will travel lol

speckdaddy 04-04-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 135700)
Mike, y'all want a swamp tour in Henderson? Lemme know, ill take y'all tomorrow........beautiful place!!!!!

pfffft in what ? :eek::p

Waterbowl 04-04-2010 09:00 AM

Speckdaddy how do you keep getting on a computer when your in prison?

speckdaddy 04-04-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waterbowl (Post 135819)
Speckdaddy how do you keep getting on a computer when your in prison?

hahahahahaha the things ya gotta do ta get what ya want in here:eek::eek::eek::eek::*****: