SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what do you think about Texas Law (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15915)

"W" 01-12-2011 12:53 PM

what do you think about Texas Law

The state of Texas is trying to move the trout limit down to 5 per person!
If this passes we will have a flood of texans moving in on our lake!
I think the state needs to pass a law that you are only allowed to catch what your state allows no matter the waters!

A texas guide should no be able to set shop in LA and catch more trout than the state he is from!

If texas drops there limit or lake will have to do so to keep the herd at bay

LaAngler 01-12-2011 12:54 PM

i thought you couldn't fish out a lake with a rodnreel? :help:

southern151 01-12-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 219516)
The state of Texas is trying to move the trout limit down to 5 per person!
If this passes we will have a flood of texans moving in on our lake!
I think the state needs to pass a law that you are only allowed to catch what your state allows no matter the waters!

A texas guide should no be able to set shop in LA and catch more trout than the state he is from!

If texas drops there limit or lake will have to do so to keep the herd at bay

If that be the case, I could come there and take 25. That may backfire on you...Just sayin.

"W" 01-12-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 219518)
i thought you couldn't fish out a lake with a rodnreel? :help:

You can't but you can pressurize it so bad that fishing will suck due to higher boat traffic and more yahoo"s running around with out trolling motors!!

Duck Butter 01-12-2011 01:01 PM

there was ZERO science behind dropping the limit on Big Lake from 25 to 15 in the first place. Some Texans post some pics of a bunch of sow trout and people got the red azz and complained. Nothing good comes out of lowering the limit on trout. These fish spawn prolifically and grow VERY fast. Texas does not have near the estuaries that 'we' have over in Louisiana though, so maybe there was some actual science behind that decision.

ShadMan 01-12-2011 01:01 PM

The limit was 7 in Texas for years...didn't increase traffic at BL much if any. Few Texans are going to drive an extra 100+ miles to fish because the limit goes down a couple fish. ;)

Texas is a conservation state, so the majority of our decent fishermen are catch and release anyway. It's mostly the Vietnamese and the weekend warriors that keep fish in TX. I can't tell you the last time I kept a trout.

Jordan 01-12-2011 01:02 PM

not again......

"W" 01-12-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern151 (Post 219519)
If that be the case, I could come there and take 25. That may backfire on you...Just sayin.

What I'm saying is you can't exceed the state law of fish for that area... Ex. If the state law ids 5 trout... I can not go to texas and catch 25..... But if you state law says 5 then you can not exceed your state law and come to LA and catch 25!!!

LaAngler 01-12-2011 01:04 PM

what about states that don't have trout? catch and release only?

ShadMan 01-12-2011 01:05 PM

LOL...and every game warden in every state would have to know every other state's laws. Sounds like an Obama-esque law. :p

meaux fishing 01-12-2011 01:05 PM

What if you are from the midwest where there is no limit on speckled trout?

"W" 01-12-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 219524)
there was ZERO science behind dropping the limit on Big Lake from 25 to 15 in the first place. Some Texans post some pics of a bunch of sow trout and people got the red azz and complained. Nothing good comes out of lowering the limit on trout. These fish spawn prolifically and grow VERY fast. Texas does not have near the estuaries that 'we' have over in Louisiana though, so maybe there was some actual science behind that decision.

Your 100% right.... I have stood behind this ! I do like the lower limits but its not necessary

Also..if texas wants to increase there trout population they need to drop the size limit from 15inch to 12inchs.... At a longer length you take more females out than males...you need to keep a same number ratio.... Male trout grow slower and females have already spawned by 12inch long! You can only hold what your estuary allows... You can stop trout fishing in texas for 5 years and you will not see a big change in numbers...once a trout has out grow the estuary or over populated it... They move !!! Texas is hurting more than helping!

longsidelandry 01-12-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 219528)
What I'm saying is you can't exceed the state law of fish for that area... Ex. If the state law ids 5 trout... I can not go to texas and catch 25..... But if you state law says 5 then you can not exceed your state law and come to LA and catch 25!!!

I just wasted valuable time off of my life trying to decipher (look it up) what the hell you just said. I do believe that's the absolute dumbest thing I've ever read in my 26 1/2 years of existence. You should put yourself in a corner and beat your head on a brick wall until you realize what you just said...

"W" 01-12-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 219533)
What if you are from the midwest where there is no limit on speckled trout?

You would follow state laws!!! Because your state does not hold a limit on saltwater fish

Duck Butter 01-12-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 219537)
I just wasted valuable time off of my life trying to decipher (look it up) what the hell you just said. I do believe that's the absolute dumbest thing I've ever read in my 26 1/2 years of existence. You should put yourself in a corner and beat your head on a brick wall until you realize what you just said...

i almost threw up!:*****:

"W" 01-12-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

What don't you understand... Its easy!!! You should not be allowed more than your states allows!!! Why should texas be able to rape our waters. But we can't rape there... Because who wants to rape a 5 trout stringer..... You go on any weekend and our parking lots are almost half texas boats... Yes almost half

BellPepperHead 01-12-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 219528)

Jesus.

BellPepperHead 01-12-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 219542)
What don't you understand... Its easy!!! You should not be allowed more than your states allows!!! Why should texas be able to rape our waters. But we can't rape there... Because who wants to rape a 5 trout stringer..... You go on any weekend and our parking lots are almost half texas boats... Yes almost half

Because they pay for a license just like you.

Lake Chuck Duck 01-12-2011 01:20 PM

If people from Texas wanna pay out the a$$ to come fish here its ok with me. Its just more money for our state to use on things we need.

Montauk17 01-12-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

X2!!!!! *****!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone go rape lake W!!!!!