SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Where would you live in LA? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63762)

AubreyLaHaye458 04-15-2016 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriguy (Post 792607)
My portion of East Texas isn't bad

I agree

twentythree 04-15-2016 02:28 PM

I've heard south of 10... So what's to do in the first two weeks of June? Anything or event going on that I should check out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunSaint 04-15-2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentythree (Post 792611)
I've heard south of 10... So what's to do in the first two weeks of June? Anything or event going on that I should check out?

SWEAT ALOT! :spineyes::spineyes:

twentythree 04-15-2016 02:50 PM

Right.

Duck Butter 04-15-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twentythree (Post 792611)

http://www.louisianatravel.com/events

There is a festival every weekend it seems and most are free. Most the small towns around Lafayette have some sort of festival. They have bullfrog festivals, boudin festivals, shrimp festivals, rabbit festivals, etc. Any excuse to drink:rotfl:

Lake Chuck Duck 04-15-2016 03:24 PM

Come in July and you can go to the Grand Isle Tarpon Rodeo!:D:smokin::cheers:

Roseaux 04-16-2016 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 792109)
Mandeville/Madisonville are solid too, forgot about that little nook of paradise.

Move to laffy if you like th ghetto

twentythree 04-16-2016 09:40 AM

Trying to get away from the ghetto.

I make oil 04-16-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 792604)
You want to be in that bottom zone somewhere

I live right dead center of that, Morgan City. If your looking for the outdoors anywhere between Lake Charles to New Orleans along Hwy 49\90 is the place to be. It truly is the Sportsmans Paradise.

DannyI 04-16-2016 02:39 PM

Where would you live in LA?

Lake Charles is the place! Why, all has been mentioned already, Big Lake, Sabine Lake, Toledo Bend Lake closer, salt & fresh water fishing, great food, and one big thing, less traffic than Lafayette! Actually we all have good food. Also, plenty jobs, billions of $$ in expansions going on for next several years which means more jobs. Less crime than bigger cities. Great duck/goose hunting within 20 minutes. City or country living. Only 2 hrs from Houston & Baton Rouge.

twentythree 04-16-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyI (Post 792685)
Lake Charles is the place! Why, all has been mentioned already, Big Lake, Sabine Lake, Toledo Bend Lake closer, salt & fresh water fishing, great food, and one big thing, less traffic than Lafayette! Actually we all have good food. Also, plenty jobs, billions of $$ in expansions going on for next several years which means more jobs. Less crime than bigger cities. Great duck/goose hunting within 20 minutes. City or country living. Only 2 hrs from Houston & Baton Rouge.

That sounds great! You're not a realtor are you? Lol jk. Seriously you guys make it sound great, I can't wait to get down in June and check it out.

twentythree 04-17-2016 06:14 AM

How about gun clubs? I saw a post from Lake Chuck Duck about Lake Charles GC. I'm thinking mostly skeet/trap and a place I could tune up rifle/pistol. Are they plentiful in most areas?

eman 04-17-2016 10:19 AM

Here is a list of ranges and locations

http://rangelistings.com/state.php?state=LA

Goooh 04-17-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseaux (Post 792660)

Please, every place has a ghetto.

Goooh 04-17-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roseaux (Post 792660)

There are more neck tattoos and illegitimate children per square mile in your neck of the woods than anywhere in the US

chuzo 04-17-2016 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackhead62 (Post 792157)
I live in Maurice it's a small village on the outskirts of Laff. It's the best of all the worlds you are wanting IMO. It's close enough to Laff if you need to run to the store or if you and the wife want to have a night out on the town, but still live in a country setting. Where I live it's about 45 min to my duck lease and the V-bay to get into some salt water fishing. The basin isn't that far down I-10 East for your freshwater fishing fix.

As far as you drive LESS that 30 mph. They are assasins regarding that

Duck Butter 04-17-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 792730)
There are more neck tattoos and illegitimate children per square mile in your neck of the woods than anywhere in the US

:rotfl:

Dogface 04-17-2016 07:46 PM

Quote:

I just checked google and this is correct!!

B-Stealth 04-17-2016 09:03 PM

Potchie Town

Quote:

Lol, sounds like you have intimate knowledge of the area. When discussing the high points of SWLA it should be understood that potchie town is not included.

I'm sorry if any potchie town gee-gees were offended by this post, please stop by the Circle-A to register a complaint.

meaux fishing 04-17-2016 09:52 PM

Check out Butte LaRose