SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OK This Was Awesome (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63960)

duckman1911 04-27-2016 08:50 PM

OK This Was Awesome

5 Attachment(s)
Took a few shoulder cuts from Saturday's bull reds.
Salt, pepper, garlic, basil and fresh rosemary.
Good sear in butter and olive oil.
Cover with bacon and in the oven. Did 400 for 45.
Drain off some of the drippings and use that to stir fry green beans and saute onions and mushrooms. Can't see the plated fish because I covered it with onions and mushrooms. It was really tender.
Bull reds are excellent table fare if you learn how to use it correctly.

FF_T_Warren 04-28-2016 08:55 AM

That looks awesome

MathGeek 04-28-2016 09:09 AM

I am sending a link to this thread to all the cooks in our household.

Looks awesome!

Thanks for posting.

Matt G 04-28-2016 11:17 AM

Damn man that looks awesome. Rosemary is the bees knees on just about anything!

duckman1911 04-28-2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 793711)
Damn man that looks awesome. Rosemary is the bees knees on just about anything!

Yeah buddy. I love rosemary. Sometimes I walk by our bush and snip off a little piece just to rub in my hands and smell. A grilled cheese sammich and ice cream is about the only things I don't put rosemary on. Lol

simplepeddler 04-28-2016 07:10 PM

Hell! the green beans look as good if not better than the fish!

duckman1911 04-28-2016 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplepeddler (Post 793755)
Hell! the green beans look as good if not better than the fish!

Are you complimenting my green bean skills or saying my fish cooking skills suck?
You know I'm just messing with you I hope.lm ao
The green beans were pretty dang good.
Thanks Simple :)

simplepeddler 04-28-2016 07:19 PM

Oh......I'de eat it

duckman1911 04-28-2016 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplepeddler (Post 793762)
Oh......I'de eat it

I've said that to a few women.lmbo

Goooh 04-28-2016 10:16 PM

LMAO, cover it with everything so you can't taste that nasty bastard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duckman1911 04-29-2016 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 793780)
LMAO, cover it with everything so you can't taste that nasty bastard.

Actually it's a very good tasting and versatile fish. Of course a certain level of cooking skill is required to make it good. Some lack the needed skill level or it could be they just don't like the taste of redfish. I find them to be quite enjoyable. To each his own I guess.

Goooh 04-29-2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 793845)
Actually it's a very good tasting and versatile fish. Of course a certain level of cooking skill is required to make it good. Some lack the needed skill level or it could be they just don't like the taste of redfish. I find them to be quite enjoyable. To each his own I guess.

Cooking to accentuate the flavor of a protein requires skill.

Covering the taste and preparing something like its a hooded merganser in order to make it palatable doesn't IMO.

To each his own.

duckman1911 04-29-2016 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 793858)
Cooking to accentuate the flavor of a protein requires skill.

Covering the taste and preparing something like its a hooded merganser in order to make it palatable doesn't IMO.

To each his own.

True. Could be I like sauted mushrooms and onions. I have put quite a few dishes on here using bull reds. At it simplest and probably best it's just pan fried in olive oil and butter with salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary.
It's obvious that your palate is too refined for the food I cook. Perhaps you should put up a dish for me to try. Something more along your liking. By all means make a wine recommendation also. Since the weather is warming I'm thinking something light. Perhaps a brunch dish? Lets try some grilled trout with a light salad. Baby spinach with a white wine vinagret? A chilled Pinio Grigio should go good with that. It is brunch after all and I'm not much for Chardonnay. It's too cliche'

FF_T_Warren 04-30-2016 06:35 AM

^lol. This guy here

Goooh 04-30-2016 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 793906)
True. Could be I like sauted mushrooms and onions. I have put quite a few dishes on here using bull reds. At it simplest and probably best it's just pan fried in olive oil and butter with salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary.

It's obvious that your palate is too refined for the food I cook. Perhaps you should put up a dish for me to try. Something more along your liking. By all means make a wine recommendation also. Since the weather is warming I'm thinking something light. Perhaps a brunch dish? Lets try some grilled trout with a light salad. Baby spinach with a white wine vinagret? A chilled Pinio Grigio should go good with that. It is brunch after all and I'm not much for Chardonnay. It's too cliche'

*Pinot

Goooh 04-30-2016 09:14 AM

OK This Was Awesome

Here's your brunch
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...81038a271a.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...8d8b461028.jpg

And I don't mind bull red btw, I'm more o LC a golden nugget kinda guy though.

duckman1911 04-30-2016 10:19 AM

Hey that looks pretty damn yummy. Cooked dem eggs in da bacon grease? Hard to beat bacon and eggs with a biscuit to mop up all the drippings. Damn plate willl be whiped so clean with that biscuit it will look like it's been washed.lol