SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Check this Auction out!!! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42918)

southern151 04-11-2013 02:08 PM

Check this Auction out!!!
 
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=335422172

:eek:

Bluechip 04-11-2013 02:18 PM

That's insane!!!

Matt G 04-11-2013 03:19 PM

I would have to kill 3 squirrels with each shot to justify that.

People need to just calm down. They are not banning ammo! We are making this shortage ourselves!

southern151 04-11-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 569677)
I would have to kill 3 squirrels with each shot to justify that.

People need to just calm down. They are not banning ammo! We are making this shortage ourselves!

When it does mellow out, there are gonna be a LOT of people with a bad case of buyer's remorse!

I mean, could you imagine??? The rate of that auction puts it at $78/box...If it were me, the next week, every WalMart in the nation would have it for the regular $21.99!:cry:

Matt G 04-11-2013 04:30 PM

All I know is this BS is cutting in to my shooting. I signed up for a pistol class at the end of the month and it will cut my 9mm stash down a good bit. I cannot wait around at Academy every morning for a truck to show up, so I get what I can when I can. I'm not going to order online because it probably won't make it here in time for the class.

I was looking at getting in to reloading before all this crap started, and I'm kind of glad I didn't. I would have tools sitting there with no supplies to reload. Once the panic dies down I can promise you I will NEVER be caught in this pickle again.

kcinnick 04-11-2013 05:30 PM

Only pain I am feeling is not shooting my AR's anymore, I love my 15-22 but it is not the same. Since I manufacture bullets, have access to OEM primers and have brass stacked to the top of the closet I a set on Pistol ammo. Now .22 I can't make, so that causes a different problem, but I do have 15k coming at pre craze prices and always kept a floor of about 5k rounds, usually more. I am shopping for machinery to make precision rifle bullets, so that won't be an issue for the next scare, and I am strongly considering getting some automated loading equipment for ammo manufacture, only thing holding me back is sourcing and processing brass...

Top Dawg 04-11-2013 05:32 PM

Some dumb sob is gonna pay that. Ppl piss me off!!

FF_T_Warren 04-11-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern151 (Post 569685)
When it does mellow out, there are gonna be a LOT of people with a bad case of buyer's remorse!

I mean, could you imagine??? The rate of that auction puts it at $78/box...If it were me, the next week, every WalMart in the nation would have it for the regular $21.99!:cry:


try $95 a box

swampman46 04-11-2013 07:35 PM

I'd have to question how he came about getting that 21k rounds. He has another auction with 2500 rounds of .223 Rem. Smells fishy to me.:smokin:

southern151 04-12-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcinnick (Post 569706)
Only pain I am feeling is not shooting my AR's anymore, I love my 15-22 but it is not the same. Since I manufacture bullets, have access to OEM primers and have brass stacked to the top of the closet I a set on Pistol ammo. Now .22 I can't make, so that causes a different problem, but I do have 15k coming at pre craze prices and always kept a floor of about 5k rounds, usually more. I am shopping for machinery to make precision rifle bullets, so that won't be an issue for the next scare, and I am strongly considering getting some automated loading equipment for ammo manufacture, only thing holding me back is sourcing and processing brass...

Yeah, I bought my AR as a toy and, can't make myself go shoot it right now because of these ridiculous prices. Makes me sick really!

If you are looking for automation, I have a friend that has several machines for pistol ammo. They are for sale so, if it's of interest to you, drop me a line and, I'll get you set up with him. I wanted to buy his equipment but, right now isn't a good time for me to come off of the $ to purchase.

Reggoh 04-12-2013 09:01 AM

Why are so many people buying .22LR ammo? I just don't know anyone that really shoots a .22 that often... maybe a little for small game stuff but it's certainly not a great self defense round and won't do a whole lot of good in a SHTF scenario. This is the one that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

"W" 04-12-2013 10:14 AM

@.19cents per round...wow....

I bet ASR bid on those

"W" 04-12-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggoh (Post 569809)
Why are so many people buying .22LR ammo? I just don't know anyone that really shoots a .22 that often... maybe a little for small game stuff but it's certainly not a great self defense round and won't do a whole lot of good in a SHTF scenario. This is the one that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I'm like you..the dumbest thing ever...i guess it will slow down one day or maybe not..

But once Obama is gone we should level back off...

Feesherman 04-12-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggoh (Post 569809)
Why are so many people buying .22LR ammo? I just don't know anyone that really shoots a .22 that often... maybe a little for small game stuff but it's certainly not a great self defense round and won't do a whole lot of good in a SHTF scenario. This is the one that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

In a SHTF scenario the .22 is your food source. Your .223 is for protection. U can fetch a lot of food wit a .22

jldsc 04-12-2013 10:26 AM

exactly why i stocked up on .22 and shotgun shells last year...you can survive with a .22 and 410 shells...people gots to eats!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inchspinner 04-12-2013 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Its a craze, the 10/22 is the closest platform of an AR so everybody bought into the .22 craze, its coming back slowly, when these cc bills arrive some wives are gonna whoop some arse lol, .22 arent for protection and the guns arent either but the guns and ammo are cheap when you find it at a retail store for the most part, when it catches back up in 6 mon or so it will be all over the place....good luck buying, im still buying 223 and 556 at .35-.40 a rd and .22 for .5-.6 a round, so its out there......thank your pres. you voted for;)
Attachment 49060

Feesherman 04-12-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inchspinner (Post 569838)
im still buying 223 and 556 at .35-.40 a rd and .22 for .5-.6 a round, so its out there......thank your pres. you voted for;)
Attachment 49060

So throw a fella a bone. My pm box is empty

inchspinner 04-12-2013 12:47 PM

You gotta be quick, sheet dont last 1-3 min...

Feesherman 04-12-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inchspinner (Post 569858)
You gotta be quick, sheet dont last 1-3 min...

Dats not much of a bone

all star rod 04-12-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 569820)
@.19cents per round...wow....

I bet ASR bid on those


Selling 2K 22 LR rounds for .25 cents a round and paid .05693556 cents....;)

kcinnick 04-12-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggoh (Post 569809)
Why are so many people buying .22LR ammo? I just don't know anyone that really shoots a .22 that often... maybe a little for small game stuff but it's certainly not a great self defense round and won't do a whole lot of good in a SHTF scenario. This is the one that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

You can carry a ton of .22 on your person, it will kill a deer, and my 15-22 has the same manual of arms as my AR-15's. I can't shoot my AR's at the pistol range, but they will let me shoot my 15-22. Also, a .22 through my .223 suppressor is about the only movie quiet shots I have ever fired.

Best part, I can give my wife a brick of .22lr and a P22 and it frees me up do shoot whatever at the range.

Not that I think we are heading there, but in a SHTF scenario your pistol and a .22lr will be very useful tools. I have cases of .223, 7.62X39 and .22lr. I can tell you which one I would want to pack around all day everyday if I had to.

Goooh 04-12-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcinnick (Post 569868)
You can carry a ton of .22 on your person, it will kill a deer, and my 15-22 has the same manual of arms as my AR-15's. I can't shoot my AR's at the pistol range, but they will let me shoot my 15-22. Also, a .22 through my .223 suppressor is about the only movie quiet shots I have ever fired.

Best part, I can give my wife a brick of .22lr and a P22 and it frees me up do shoot whatever at the range.

Not that I think we are heading there, but in a SHTF scenario your pistol and a .22lr will be very useful tools. I have cases of .223, 7.62X39 and .22lr. I can tell you which one I would want to pack around all day everyday if I had to.

I don't know anyone that can even carry a half ton of anything on their person, much less a ton.

Gerald 04-12-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 569866)
Selling 2K 22 LR rounds for .25 cents a round and paid .05693556 cents....;)

I stock up some back back in Jan. of 2008. I paid about $ .016 per round for 22 lr.I guess I should have bought a case.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted