SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boating Talk (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   is this a high price for boat ? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67847)

Elbert Chamblee 11-11-2017 09:37 AM

is this a high price for boat ?

16' 2000 Express w/50 hp mercury. 2 fishing chairs that can be moved. Has side console, live well in front of console and troll motor 36 lb. Super clean and fully camo paint from factory. Painted trailer, boat is flat on back of transom but has a small V in front and in mint shape. But $6250 on price. Does that sound high? Up in NE Texas. A friend is looking at buying this boat. It has sat in garage most of its life.

eman 11-11-2017 10:31 AM

used boat

If you check some of the used boat pricing sites. It looks high. How much? can't tell , as they made around 8 different 16' hulls that year and 5 different 50 hp motors. Need model numbers to really see how much to high.
I would offer 4.5k if its sat up for any time. In good shape ,and run regularly maybe 5k. If it's sat up it may need carbs rebuilt , water pump impeller, fuel filter , water filter, etc.

Flex 11-11-2017 05:59 PM

Yes, I'd say it's high. Same as above. I'd offer 4k and go up to about 4600$.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Elbert Chamblee 11-13-2017 12:09 PM

is this a high price for boat?

Well we took the boat out sunday morning and it ran but needs the carbs cleaned and a new switch for the iights. My buddy told him after we drove it that the owner needed to fix everything. I told him he needed to offer less...but he just told the guy to fix everything and gave him a check and said we will transfer the paperwork next weekend. I was trying to get him to wait and make a offer but ???? The seller said it didn't have any major problems but to a guy that can't fix anything it's $$$ I would have waited but he pounced on it like it was a steal. Oh well i tried. I just hope he gets some good use of the boat.
seller said it would run about 52 mph...i told him 40 maybe. I have a mph app on my phone and it said 35 mph with 3 man load.

Feesherman 11-13-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elbert Chamblee (Post 828660)
Well we took the boat out sunday morning and it ran but needs the carbs cleaned and a new switch for the iights. My buddy told him after we drove it that the owner needed to fix everything. I told him he needed to offer less...but he just told the guy to fix everything and gave him a check and said we will transfer the paperwork next weekend. I was trying to get him to wait and make a offer but ???? The seller said it didn't have any major problems but to a guy that can't fix anything it's $$$ I would have waited but he pounced on it like it was a steal. Oh well i tried. I just hope he gets some good use of the boat.
seller said it would run about 52 mph...i told him 40 maybe. I have a mph app on my phone and it said 35 mph with 3 man load.

LoL he must have been lookin at the tach when he said it would run 52

swamp snorkler 11-13-2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elbert Chamblee (Post 828660)

Better have tropical storm force winds at his back to see 52. If he's happy with it thats all that matters. He probably could have talked him down another 1000 or so though.

Im looking at a 19' Alweld with a 90 yamahammer all 2009 model for $9000, I'm going to offer him a little lower that that and see what happens.

Elbert Chamblee 11-15-2017 12:44 AM

is this a high price for boat ?

I ask the guy (buyer) if he wanted to go to my truck and discuss the deal. He just told the guy to fix everything and he would back up this weekend to change the paperwork ? I hope he test runs it again to make sure the guy really fixed it.
Hope your deal all works out for you.