SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   "Old River" North of Niblets Bluff (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20822)

Hydro 07-13-2011 07:58 PM

"Old River" North of Niblets Bluff

Anyone fish the Old River area ??? Planning on heading that way Sat Am for a change of pace...

Ran up the Sabine Sunday last, well past the paper mill, water didnt look that good and had that ole' garfish smell to it but it looked good around Niblets...

I dont need specifics, just seeing if its worth the effort...If its not worth it, I will hit the Calcasieu in hopes of spotting a pink boat...

Thanks,
Hydro

Kenner18 07-13-2011 08:01 PM

I dont know much about it ,but if you go I would like to follow you . I never fish there and its only a about 2 miles from my house . Mostly a saltwater guy these days.

1fastmerc 07-13-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydro (Post 285973)
Anyone fish the Old River area ??? Planning on heading that way Sat Am for a change of pace...

Ran up the Sabine Sunday last, well past the paper mill, water didnt look that good and had that ole' garfish smell to it but it looked good around Niblets...

I dont need specifics, just seeing if its worth the effort...If its not worth it, I will hit the Calcasieu in hopes of spotting a pink boat...

Thanks,
Hydro

Haha. The pink boat may not be out there this weekend. Had some bugs to work out of the merc.

joshdomingue 07-13-2011 08:09 PM

Speaking of the pink boat....... Do you have a Jeep Cherokee with pink center caps?????

Hydro 07-13-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenner18 (Post 285976)
I dont know much about it ,but if you go I would like to follow you . I never fish there and its only a about 2 miles from my house . Mostly a saltwater guy these days.

The park opens @ 0600, I am planning on being there when the gates open Sat unless someone posts that its a waste of time... I will probably have a couple of boats from work show up as we tend to fish in packs but you are more than welcome, mine is the camo G3...

If for some reason it doesnt work out I will update this thread... I will try to hit the Tackle Box before Saturday and see if I cant gather some intel :grinpimp:

Thanks,
Hydro

Hydro 07-13-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fastmerc (Post 285982)
Haha. The pink boat may not be out there this weekend. Had some bugs to work out of the merc.

Maybe you can drag it to Darrel's for the meeting so we can vote on its true color ???

1fastmerc 07-13-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshdomingue (Post 285987)
Speaking of the pink boat....... Do you have a Jeep Cherokee with pink center caps?????

Haha. Nope

1fastmerc 07-13-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydro (Post 286000)
Maybe you can drag it to Darrel's for the meeting so we can vote on its true color ???

Haha. That's an ideal. Maybe we can shutup weedwacker.

Kenner18 07-13-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydro (Post 285996)
The park opens @ 0600, I am planning on being there when the gates open Sat unless someone posts that its a waste of time... I will probably have a couple of boats from work show up as we tend to fish in packs but you are more than welcome, mine is the camo G3...

If for some reason it doesnt work out I will update this thread... I will try to hit the Tackle Box before Saturday and see if I cant gather some intel :grinpimp:

Thanks,
Hydro

OB may can give you some intelon where to fish ,he knows about the area. Just let me know .

Hydro 07-14-2011 07:33 PM

Didnt make it to OB today, but will in the Am...

Looks like a big drainage ditch (Google Earth) dumps in north of Niblets, that would splain the chocolate tinge to the water over there... Regardless it will be a good place to poke around...

Hydro

Hydro 07-16-2011 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydro (Post 285996)

Thanks,
Hydro

Scratch fishing Niblets this morning... Weather radar not looking good in that direction...

Hydro

Top Dawg 07-16-2011 08:20 AM

South of the interstate there's a cut on the east side of the river goin into the marsh. That can be good. Specially when the water is goin out. Just work the whole bank of that cut.

weedeater 07-16-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fastmerc (Post 286012)
Haha. That's an ideal. Maybe we can shutup weedwacker.

I have created a monster