SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AR's - Lead Times (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30100)

mikedatiger 04-10-2012 12:50 PM

AR's - Lead Times

Just an FYI for those looking at buying a new AR - the lead times for ordering them is crazy. I had a Spike's Tactical sold out from underneath me and have since tried to re-order but they won't even commit to a ship date! Picked out a Rock River Elite Operator model and the wait on it is up to 3 months as well. In fact, every single brand I tried to order (excluding Smith & Wesson, DPMS, etc) had a long backlog.

Found a store in Magnolia, TX (Lewis Tactical) that ended up placing an order for both the Spike's and the RR and I will purchase the first one that comes in - great customer service.

Just wanted to spread the word in case anyone is in the market - get the order in now!!

mikedatiger 04-10-2012 01:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
BTW, here are both guns in case anyone is interested. IMO opinion you get a lot more bang for your buck and higher tolerances by going with a line outside of assembly line manufacturing.

Hebert 04-18-2012 09:33 PM

how much are they? i'm thinking about getting a rock river..

Red Devil 04-18-2012 10:02 PM

That RRA is bad to the bone.

mikedatiger 04-19-2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hebert (Post 421002)
how much are they? i'm thinking about getting a rock river..

RR is having a big sale right now and the rifle pictured above is $1k and it includes a free rear sight assembly of your choice.

The Spike's Tactical with rail/front site removed is $1100.

Red Devil 04-19-2012 06:21 AM

Red Jacket Firearms has some nice ones and in different colors starting at $1255 and you can order on line.

mikedatiger 04-19-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Devil (Post 421061)
Red Jacket Firearms has some nice ones and in different colors starting at $1255 and you can order on line.

I am a big fan of Red Jacket but you can pretty much get the same exact gun as their $1200 rifle for around $900 from either S&W or Bushmaster. Did see that they were saying that their guns could now be found at Academy??

The more I look at em' the more I want the Rock River to get in first.

longcast 04-19-2012 09:12 AM

The red jackets are available at academy when they have stock. I don't think any academy has one at the moment. I'm kinda looking for a ar as well. I even got the ok from the boss.

Micah 04-19-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikedatiger (Post 421118)
I am a big fan of Red Jacket but you can pretty much get the same exact gun as their $1200 rifle for around $900 from either S&W or Bushmaster. Did see that they were saying that their guns could now be found at Academy??

The more I look at em' the more I want the Rock River to get in first.

That Rock River looks awesome!!! Makes me want to buy another AR.

Red Devil 04-19-2012 09:35 AM

Tryin to sweetin up the wife to let me get one for when I go hog snarin!!!!!!

Lake Chuck Duck 04-19-2012 10:08 AM

Yeah I would like to get one as well, may start saving up.

Finfeatherfur 04-20-2012 01:58 PM

RR are awesome and we have had alot of success with the RR/DPMS combo's at the PD. One thing I want is light weight since we may be deployed with a long gun for hours on a hostage or barricaded subject scenario. I am not a Army soldier in the desert, nor am I a Navy Seal on a mission to a 3rd world country. I need an accurate rifle that can shoot w/o malfunctioning for a short fire fight. I have had my hands on quite a few, and weight was my big issue when I tricked mine out. (Actually, the biggest issue). With that being said, I insured to strip it down as much as possible. I have a lower with no dust cover (not in the desert/jungle), no forward assist (if I have a misfeed, I clear it and re-engage, if it happens again, I do a magazine dump and reload), and no iron sights (I have a scope for long range shots and a small laser/LED light for CQB). It works for me and has functioned flawlessly so far. Now, I have no doubt I would have issues if I was in a sustained firefight for hours where I had to go dump 50-60 magazines. The heat and powder residue would cause jams for sure, but if a street cop ever sees that type of fight we are all in big, big trouble!!!!!

inchspinner 04-22-2012 10:30 PM

Looks like a "GET OUT OF TOWN.....A HURRICANE IS COMING"......SPECIAL....lol.

jgannard 04-23-2012 01:19 AM

Awesome guns, might order one *** well, thanks for the info.

BigChaf 04-23-2012 08:05 AM

Found some Bushmasters in stock for excellent prices at budsgunshop.com

Finfeatherfur 04-25-2012 09:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's two I have that can be posted. *(have a few more that can't be posted on line due to pending cases)

Slidellkid 04-26-2012 11:28 PM

Why order one when you can just pick up one that is available off of Gun Broker.com. There are lots of them available on gun buying web sites.

mikedatiger 04-27-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slidellkid (Post 424778)
Why order one when you can just pick up one that is available off of Gun Broker.com. There are lots of them available on gun buying web sites.

In my instance, I don't immediately need it as I don't think there are any impending zombie attacks on the horizon, and more importantly, I am trying to help out the local guys...

fishfighter 04-27-2012 03:18 PM

mine

1 Attachment(s)
this is a pic of one just like mine:cool:

Slidellkid 04-27-2012 04:24 PM

Fin,

I got ya man. I wasn't trying to sound like a smart azz, just wanted folks to know you could order pick one up online off of gunbroker. I have been wanting a Rock River Predator Pursuit - guaranteed to shoot 3/4 of an inch or better. I want to pick up a Leupold 223 scope for it and be able to adjust the knobs on it and reach out and touch something way out there. My buds and I are going to have a "Nanny Blast" this Fall - 20 points for a head shot, 15 for a neck shot and 10 for a body shot. My plan is to go for the win with heads shots with my new Rock River Predator Pursuit!