SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   McNeese Parking (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35168)

jdm4x43732 08-17-2012 10:23 PM

McNeese Parking

The wife decided to go back to get her bachelors degree at McNeese. I rode with her today to pay some tuition and saw how far she has to walk. Does anyone know what I could do to get her a closer parking spot? I'd pay someone if they could hook her up with a closer parking spot other than the football stadium. Not looking for a pity party but she has been sick for the last year and it took everything out of her walking so far Thursday. The closest parking lots are now first come first serve with no reserved jr. sr. parking. Message me if you could help out, thanks.

mcjaredsandwich 08-17-2012 10:31 PM

Come to the petition meeting...I'm pissed about this parking. I put in my time to park close and now its a free for all.

sammich

jdm4x43732 08-17-2012 10:32 PM

She is gonna try to make it to the meeting.

spotchasin 08-17-2012 10:34 PM

What petition meeting? I am not very happy with this free for all mess. Why should the upper classmen lose the privilege to park in the better spots. We have earned the right to better parking.

cmcnabb 08-17-2012 10:36 PM

Parking has never been good at mcneese

mcjaredsandwich 08-17-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmcnabb (Post 479286)
Parking has never been good at mcneese

It was better than now. Freshmen don't deserve to park anywhere close to classrooms

sammich

cduhon 08-17-2012 10:46 PM

Saw a sign yesterday at pentecostal student union for parking passes for $40. It is on common next to textbook rentals. Worth a shot.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

cmcnabb 08-17-2012 10:47 PM

It's really not that big of a deal. I usually walked from the stadium anyway just so I wouldn't have to try and find a spot. It's not like mcneese is huge. Yes I know I had to cross two busy streets but I didn't have my head up my azz so it wasn't a big deal, I never came close to getting run over. Is 5 extra minutes of walking really worth *****ing over?

Not trying to cause an argument, just givin some food for thought

PaulMyers 08-17-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich (Post 479291)
It was better than now. Freshmen don't deserve to park anywhere close to classrooms

sammich

Is that because they don't pay as much as Jr's and Sr's?

mcjaredsandwich 08-17-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmcnabb (Post 479296)
It's really not that big of a deal. I usually walked from the stadium anyway just so I wouldn't have to try and find a spot. It's not like mcneese is huge. Yes I know I had to cross two busy streets but I didn't have my head up my azz so it wasn't a big deal, I never came close to getting run over. Is 5 extra minutes of walking really worth *****ing over?

Not trying to cause an argument, just givin some food for thought

It's like liberalism came to Mcneese....we didn't pay to park close so let's just make everyone equal.

sammich

jdm4x43732 08-17-2012 10:55 PM

Well I would tell her to suck it up but she had been pretty sick for the last yr and is finally feeling somewhat better. She was hoping to be able to wrap up her last 20 or so hrs quickly but she will probably have to limit the days she goes to Tues and Thurs.

Gonna try the Pentacostal Student Union. Thanks

cmcnabb 08-17-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich (Post 479304)
It's like liberalism came to Mcneese....we didn't pay to park close so let's just make everyone equal.

sammich

I must not understand what's going on. I thought it was the same as the end of last semester when the lot by that old dorm was closed. Hope y'all get it all squared away

scott craft 08-17-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 (Post 479306)
Well I would tell her to suck it up but she had been pretty sick for the last yr and is finally feeling somewhat better. She was hoping to be able to wrap up her last 20 or so hrs quickly but she will probably have to limit the days she goes to Tues and Thurs.

Gonna try the Pentacostal Student Union. Thanks

I believe they are sold out of parking passes, but not 100% sure.

cduhon 08-17-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott craft (Post 479310)
I believe they are sold out of parking passes, but not 100% sure.

I saw a sign up yesterday, but did not call. Sign was by the road.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

kcinnick 08-17-2012 11:22 PM

Will her doctor give here a temporary handicap tag? I use to ride to LSU with a chick that had a temporary handicap tag, we literally parked within 100 steps of 90% of the time. Of course she broke her leg and had a full cast from ankle to above the knee and needed help getting up and down the stairs, and we had a similar schedule so it worked out.

jdm4x43732 08-17-2012 11:29 PM

Gonna try to find a spot to pay for parking. Good idea about the handicap tag though.

Lake Chuck Duck 08-18-2012 12:33 AM

They set up temporary parking where the old Charles cinema used to be. Across from Kmart. Depending where her classes are it may be closer.

Uncle Barty 08-18-2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcinnick (Post 479317)
Will her doctor give here a temporary handicap tag? I use to ride to LSU with a chick that had a temporary handicap tag, we literally parked within 100 steps of 90% of the time. Of course she broke her leg and had a full cast from ankle to above the knee and needed help getting up and down the stairs, and we had a similar schedule so it worked out.

:smokin:Seems like you might have caught two free rides!!!!:smokin:

DUCKGOGETTER 08-18-2012 06:16 AM

My sister is a sr. At mcneese and she isn't happy either

weedeater 08-18-2012 06:33 AM

As screwed up as all the parking is imagine being a teacher out there having to pay to park ..... my wife has to buy a parking pass and if she is in my truck she has to have additional tag to park it