SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   AT&T (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28058)

Big Flounder 02-13-2012 11:05 AM

AT&T

Did you guys see this? I think it's kinda jacked up that as a loyal customer of 12 years and that I am grandfathered in with the unlimited that I pay so much for on 3 iPhones they are going to start this!

http://www.wafb.com/story/16919304/att-customers-surprised-by-unlimited-data-limit

joshdomingue 02-13-2012 11:30 AM

they throttle me they will lose a customer, but i'm on wifi most of the time

PUREBAY2200 02-13-2012 01:17 PM

I'm n the top 5% of data usage .... I he the txt and email every month .... My bill has increased from $205. For me and my wife to $300-315 each month!!
It's redicilous!!
I was on the old unlimited plan!! And now I'm being charged more!!
My wife is on the new regulated plan. And she is barely ever in the Internet and hasn't set up email on her phone.
We both have iPhones so we can see the data "used"

It's never the same on the phone and on the bill or on the at&t website....

I called and asked for an explanation.... I was told" sir if u don't pay the bill service will b disconnected; if you don't like how AT&T bills you for your data usage..... Get a new cellular provider!!!

AT&T is a horrible company and I hope they go bankrupt someday!!!

"W" 02-13-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 (Post 392188)

That will never happen they pay to good on Stock Div

im on the old data package for both our phones....My bill is about 280 per month

I have looked at all and none are better than the other......You will pay to use internet at all of them

Soon someone will come out with unlimited and better server to take over the the cell phone air...

I hope AT&T does it 1st but who knows

joshdomingue 02-13-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 392192)
That will never happen they pay to good on Stock Div

im on the old data package for both our phones....My bill is about 280 per month

I have looked at all and none are better than the other......You will pay to use internet at all of them

Soon someone will come out with unlimited and better server to take over the the cell phone air...

I hope AT&T does it 1st but who knows

damn $280 ...... We have two iphones on the old unlimited data plan and unlimited messaging ...... our bills are $95 a piece

southern151 02-13-2012 01:35 PM

I'm mostly on wifi, I guess. I just paid the last two months of phone bills on my phone yesterday and it was $181....And, I thought I had it bad!?!

inchspinner 02-13-2012 01:36 PM

sprint 79.00 includes unlimited data minus 25% work discount.....stay on it all day.....

"W" 02-13-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshdomingue (Post 392195)
damn $280 ...... We have two iphones on the old unlimited data plan and unlimited messaging ...... our bills are $95 a piece

you pay 190 for two

i pay 280 for two...I have the highest packages you can get as far as min ....
I also have air card

Keith_Stone 02-13-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inchspinner (Post 392197)
sprint 79.00 includes unlimited data minus 25% work discount.....stay on it all day.....

I know Sprint has an unlimited plan also, but I heard they throttle their usage back from 4G as well to help their server and curve usage by it customers. We have AT&T now bu thave been thinking of switching to Sprint.

joshdomingue 02-13-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 (Post 392188)

I called and asked for an explanation.... I was told" sir if u don't pay the bill service will b disconnected; if you don't like how AT&T bills you for your data usage..... Get a new cellular provider!!!

Man i've never had a problem with them ..... they overcharged me two months in a row, I called them and they gave me my money back and sent me a 50% off my next phone coupon....... now verizon put the screws to me !!

Keith_Stone 02-13-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshdomingue (Post 392201)
Man i've never had a problem with them ..... they overcharged me two months in a row, I called them and they gave me my money back and sent me a 50% off my next phone coupon....... now verizon put the screws to me !!

I have never had problems either on 2 occasions I was down in Cameron for work and using my phone at the heliport. I saw it was connected to off network site but I didn't care and kept using it. When I got my bill both times I told them they were gonna take those charges off because I have a no roaming plan and I was within the continental US so it was their problme not mine to deal with...They hesitated but they took the charges off both times.

joshdomingue 02-13-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 392198)
you pay 190 for two

i pay 280 for two...I have the highest packages you can get as far as min ....
I also have air card

No air card ...... i have 450 anytime and 5000 nights and weekends with unlimited mobile to mobile

As of today i've used 6 anytime minutes and 5 nights and weekends and i have 4200 rollover minutes

scott craft 02-13-2012 01:49 PM

All carriers are a rip-off as far as data is concerned, but we don't have many options to fight them. I'm glad I'm on Verizon's unlimited even though I don't use much data.

SULPHITE 02-13-2012 02:04 PM

they can't or "the stockholders" supposedly can't afford to build new infastructure along with the capitol required to handle the data usage. att has a great stock b/c they don't spend money on crap...hell 4g isn't even rolled out yet...they all suck and its collusion in an oligopoly...

Keith_Stone 02-13-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott craft (Post 392208)
All carriers are a rip-off as far as data is concerned, but we don't have many options to fight them. I'm glad I'm on Verizon's unlimited even though I don't use much data.

Isnt verisons unlimited plan only on certain phones, I thought the plan did not cover all smartphones?

SULPHITE 02-13-2012 02:13 PM

wife just got a new phone this weekend...Verizon...their big sales pitch...."upgrade now so your grandfathered in when they put a datta cap in the next couple of months!!" So a data cap is coming to verizon.

Lake Chuck Duck 02-13-2012 02:15 PM

Me and the wife bothe got Sprint Evo's, our unlimited plan is like $125 a month for both of us. I find sprints data to be rather slow even when sitting in a full service area. Ive never once been able to connect to 4G even though they are pumping a signal for it somewhat close to my house.

scott craft 02-13-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith_Stone (Post 392213)
Isnt verisons unlimited plan only on certain phones, I thought the plan did not cover all smartphones?

Verizon doesn't offer an unlimited plan anymore. Seems like I read somewhere they are starting to throttle like AT&T, but I might be mistaken.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

scott craft 02-13-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 392217)
wife just got a new phone this weekend...Verizon...their big sales pitch...."upgrade now so your grandfathered in when they put a datta cap in the next couple of months!!" So a data cap is coming to verizon.

Verizon got rid of unlimited in the summer. They do run promotions where you can get double the amount of data if you upgrade at that time.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

SULPHITE 02-13-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

They do run promotions where you can get double the amount of data if you upgrade at that time.
yep that was what it was...