SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Sabine River White Bass (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63153)

duckman1911 02-14-2016 09:27 AM

Sabine River White Bass

3 Attachment(s)
Spent a beautiful Saturday on Sabine River north of Toledo Bend. Three person limit of whites. Caught them on baby crawfish fishing them just off the bottom. Others around us were using artificials and catching nothing or very few. When we were getting close to our limit we started giving away our extra bait. Gave some to a family that had caught nothing and they set up about 75 yards from us. Checked on them when we left and they already had ten in their box. Good times :)

Kgaspard01 02-14-2016 09:33 AM

Good catch! And nice of you to share with those people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duckman1911 02-14-2016 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kgaspard01 (Post 786801)
Good catch! And nice of you to share with those people.

I was fortunate enough to spend a beautiful Saturday having fun with my family and lucky enough to help another family have a good time catching fish. That's what it's all about. I believe in sharing your good fortune when you can. Firm believer in karma.

jpeff31787 02-15-2016 01:52 PM

that must have been a blast! I love catching those on accident while bass fishing!

duckman1911 02-15-2016 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 786916)
that must have been a blast! I love catching those on accident while bass fishing!

It was man. Hoping the weather and the river work out for another trip this Saturday. It only lasts for a few weeks so get it while you can right?

red robin 02-15-2016 10:13 PM

Real nice catch, years ago we used to catch them fishing off the bank in the spillway canal between port barre and krotz spring on small crayfish, lots of fun good eating,and they put up a good fight,congrats

duckman1911 02-17-2016 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red robin (Post 786980)
Real nice catch, years ago we used to catch them fishing off the bank in the spillway canal between port barre and krotz spring on small crayfish, lots of fun good eating,and they put up a good fight,congrats

They do fight hard. This Saturday I'm going to try to catch one on my bream rig just to see if I can. That 6' light rod should get bent.

Flex 02-18-2016 02:01 PM

4lb test and a light spin rig makes for a hell of a fun time catching whites if you're getting into the small to average sized ones.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

duckman1911 02-18-2016 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flex (Post 787230)
4lb test and a light spin rig makes for a hell of a fun time catching whites if you're getting into the small to average sized ones.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Going back Saturday and I'm bringing my bream fishing rig just for fun. That rod will be bent.