SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Need some advice!! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52788)

LakenLady 04-21-2014 10:11 AM

Need some advice!!

Do you think a honeymoon #fishing trip is a good thing?

bgizzle 04-21-2014 10:17 AM

Yep! We went! Had a blast!

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

Sightwindow 04-21-2014 10:22 AM

You best have the right woman for it. And mix in plenty fun stuff for you and her (away from the BR) to do as well.

Matt G 04-21-2014 10:26 AM

If the woman sets up a fishing trip for the honeymoon, that is proof that he married the right woman!

MathGeek 04-21-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakenLady (Post 682944)
Do you think a honeymoon #fishing trip is a good thing?

We did an Alaska trip for our 20th anniversary. I think we went fishing 4-5 times in the two week trip, but we did a lot of sightseeing and other outdoor activities too. I would recommend a mix of outdoor activities and only plan to go fishing about 1/3 of the days of the trip.

keakar 04-21-2014 10:42 AM

I think it can be a great idea for the right couple, just be sure not to get too sunburned or it could make the evenings less enjoyable.

sounds like a great woman

LakenLady 04-21-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 682950)
If the woman sets up a fishing trip for the honeymoon, that is proof that he married the right woman!

Yep, Yep!! :D

Top Dawg 04-21-2014 01:56 PM

We went marlin fishing on our honeymoon and both had a blast

Finfeatherfur 04-21-2014 02:09 PM

We did a 6 day trip to Mazatlan, Mexico w/ 2 days of bill fishing. Was great!!!! - But the other days were spent doing the tourist stuff - all of it was a blast.

Ratdog 04-21-2014 07:01 PM

One point that needs to be made.

If you spend 4 hours in bliss with a fish on the line. Then u need to spend 12 hours with her and make shor her happye thing makes her smile twice as long as your fish.

I assume she likes fishing but let's face it her buddy's got nice hair nails and ....well them femal parts. Now not all the things need to be nails and hair like massage. And art shopping ........like wood carvings of fish....LOL

But if you both like fishing that much give it a brake ant try something different . Like scuba, or chopper turs . Or hikeing or just try the pool.

I had one of them wife things but she had a nother husband ........

I like to go to Dominica and jamaca all the pirat spots and still do just do it for me as I see it different now.

It's good to do for your self sometimes.

But a honeymoon should be about each other not a fish or hotel or place or anything the other likes more.

Both plan and do for the other.

And bro good luck I'm happy for you. Wish I had measured up I'd still have one.

Micah 04-21-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratdog (Post 683127)
One point that needs to be made.

If you spend 4 hours in bliss with a fish on the line. Then u need to spend 12 hours with her and make shor her happye thing makes her smile twice as long as your fish.

I assume she likes fishing but let's face it her buddy's got nice hair nails and ....well them femal parts. Now not all the things need to be nails and hair like massage. And art shopping ........like wood carvings of fish....LOL

But if you both like fishing that much give it a brake ant try something different . Like scuba, or chopper turs . Or hikeing or just try the pool.

I had one of them wife things but she had a nother husband ........

I like to go to Dominica and jamaca all the pirat spots and still do just do it for me as I see it different now.

It's good to do for your self sometimes.

But a honeymoon should be about each other not a fish or hotel or place or anything the other likes more.

Both plan and do for the other.

And bro good luck I'm happy for you. Wish I had measured up I'd still have one.

The person that started this thread is a girl...

trophytroutman 04-21-2014 09:20 PM

I think its a great idea.

Jcredeur 04-21-2014 09:43 PM

Getting married in less than a month and are headed to zihuatanejo Mexico. We have two fishing trips booked, one for billfish and one for roosters. We can't wait! The other 5 days we an to chill out and do the tourist things...

Spunt Drag 04-22-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micah (Post 683150)

Allegedly :D

CajunSteelsetter 04-22-2014 11:22 AM

Mine wants to either hunt or fish. She wants to do the Alaskan fishing thing or an Elk hunt in New Mexico. She told my mother that she (my mother) can't pick out her wedding colors because the wedding date will be decided by what hunting or fishing season is going on then for the honeymoon! lol talk about one pizzed off momma.

meaux fishing 04-22-2014 12:25 PM

i went fishing on mine

LakenLady 04-22-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micah (Post 683150)

^^^ Ratdog done messed up the whole thread.. :work:

Micah 04-22-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakenLady (Post 683428)
^^^ Ratdog done messed up the whole thread.. :work:

He's good at that

Paulox86 04-23-2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcredeur (Post 683190)
Getting married in less than a month and are headed to zihuatanejo Mexico. We have two fishing trips booked, one for billfish and one for roosters. We can't wait! The other 5 days we an to chill out and do the tourist things...

Look for Ellis Redding and Andy Dufrene when you are there. One escapee and one parolee. Remember Shawshank Redemption?

matt.a.bear 04-23-2014 07:26 AM

if it doesnt work out with him, pm me! LOL