SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   first trout trip tomorrow...question (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68533)

Scankdog 06-06-2018 01:03 PM

first trout trip tomorrow...question

with the river being under 10 ft and dropping, has anyone heard of any trout success in the pass or reefs in the gulf? tee butte or reefs in the pass yet? I would prefer to head that way tomorrow but will choose cocodrie instead if trout are not ready yet out of the point...would appreciate any info possible...thanks....

redaddiction 06-06-2018 04:32 PM

I bet they are there on the reefs right now. Calm winds today and tomorrow and if I had a boat I would take a shot at it even not knowing any reports.

wishin i was fishin 06-06-2018 09:33 PM

I would say yes as well. low wind, river dropping and salinity coming up. if you can find clearer water you will probably find fish. I cant go till Friday, i hope the weather holds out.

Scankdog 06-08-2018 04:43 PM

i went Thursday

casted for live shrimp...took me an hour to get 25 shrimp...not much bait so I knew it would be a try hard day, usually when the bait isn't real good when I cast, usually the trout aren't there yet because the bait isnt,bait moves in when water gets saltier hence forth why we wait for river to drop(9.5 ft, u would think)...total caught was 4 trout...a boat near me had two guys and they caught 8...when I got in I talked to 3 guys who went to the mounds and caught 3....they are there but not stacked yet

DVM 06-08-2018 07:02 PM

Fished tee butte Thursday. Six trout and six gafftops in 4 hours.

WorldWideSportsman87 06-09-2018 09:02 AM

Isn't the fishing for memories rodeo this weekend? Checking the results for that might help since it's out or intercoastal city.
If anyone is interested in being kind of like a guide for a day or two, I've been trying to get someone to take me fish all those reefs out of the pass one day. I've done pretty well over the years fishing inside the bay but was never taught all those reefs. If anyone is interested and wanna work something out just let me know
Thanks

TroutSupport.com 06-11-2018 08:30 AM

As long as their is a little salinity there should be some trout. Many times the salinity on the bottom will be better than the surface by just enough of a difference that it makes a difference, especially in water that is at least 5-6 feet deep.. in shallower water there might be too thick a surface layer of fresh.

t

Scankdog 06-14-2018 06:15 AM

went back again and caught 8 trout and 1 red on last saturday....conditions were calm and bait took a while to gather up(live shrimp)....at least I caught more the second time lol...trying to go tomorrow or saturday