SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boating Talk (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Haynie Z21 Break in (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5379)

"W" 11-22-2009 09:31 PM

Haynie Z21 Break in

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Nasty 11-22-2009 09:42 PM

How fast you were going when you hammered the beast?

Fishmaster 11-22-2009 09:53 PM

No video of fishing in it??

blackmamba 11-22-2009 09:56 PM

sweeett

yak'em-n-stack'em 11-22-2009 09:57 PM

2 questions

what made you decide on a merc.

was it broken in when you got it

all star rod 11-22-2009 09:58 PM

Nice....I see your were armed with your chart. color clip on cork....:*****::rotfl:

Do you have an hour meter?

"W" 11-22-2009 10:01 PM

That was barley over 3/4 open......... I was running at 4000rpm and went to 5000rpms.... we were going about 52-55mph right there.... you have to break it in between 3000rpms -5000rpms.....moving them around.....Chris that made the boat also put a lot of break in time already on the motor.... I haven't got it full throttle yet

fishinpox 11-22-2009 10:19 PM

i will never buy another boat unless the dealer does the first 5-10 hrs in the tank talk about nisarable with a yammy 4 stroke the first 2 hrs not above like 2000rmp!!

flounder_smacker 11-22-2009 10:29 PM

max rpm is 5750. you were past 3/4

"W" 11-22-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flounder_smacker (Post 80753)
max rpm is 5750. you were past 3/4

Wrong:shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking:

flounder_smacker 11-22-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 80756)
Wrong:shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking:

http://www.mercurymarine.com/engines...pecs.php?ID=57

read it on mercs website. keep this in mind. the rev limiter on the optimax wont tap untill about 6200. recommended wot on that motor is 5750. the ecm or the computer on the motor will record every time you go over 5750 and can not be erased. when you blow your motor cause you run it over recommended rpm when you bring it in to have the power head swaped out because its still under warranty merc request a print out of the motor history off of the ecm. if they see you have been running over recommended rpm range they wont warranty any thing on the motor....EVER... i know this from personal experience.

"W" 11-22-2009 10:53 PM

Max RPM (WOT) 5500-6000

flounder_smacker 11-22-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 80766)
And this if coming for someone who had been fishing and running boats how long???? Thanks but No thanks!!! Dude I forgot more about boats and running boats than you have spent time on the water tying to learn about boats!!! I'm sure I know what I'm doing and also read the breaking Manuel from top to bottom 3 times before I purchased the boat on top of the time Chris put on it already!!! I'm sure we know more about it than you ! This engine and boat is made for speed!! you can push 6200rmps trimmed out wide open!!!

not trying to knock your boat but obviously your to ignorant to see im trying to give you advice. READ on mercs website the link i posted im not lying. and this is coming from someone who has worked on outboards for 7 years including merc yamaha honda evinrude. you just upgraded and you are excited but im just trying to give you a little advice but go head and burn your motor up and be stuck with a 2000 bill to fix it tard. and next time you think you know more about running boats than i do think again cause i can tear that merc down and put it back together before you can say optimax.

fishinpox 11-22-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 80774)
\
:p:p:p
I dont know but I got Gilbert's Water Hose:p:p:p

:shaking::shaking::shaking::eek:

Salty 11-22-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flounder_smacker (Post 80777)
not trying to knock your boat but obviously your to ignorant to see im trying to give you advice. READ on mercs website the link i posted im not lying. and this is coming from someone who has worked on outboards for 7 years including merc yamaha honda evinrude. you just upgraded and you are excited but im just trying to give you a little advice but go head and burn your motor up and be stuck with a 2000 bill to fix it tard. and next time you think you know more about running boats than i do think again cause i can tear that merc down and put it back together before you can say optimax.

Bet I can do it faster than he can spell "Optimax". :smokin:

fishinpox 11-22-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 80780)
Bet I can do it faster than he can spell "Optimax". :smokin:

:spineyes::spineyes::*****::spineyes::spineyes:

"W" 11-22-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Good I have a 7 year warranty..........SO you can fix it for FREE:p

huntin fool 11-22-2009 11:14 PM

peeing contest time

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reel Bender (Post 80770)
Hey Fool where's that Bucket?

last i seen waltrip was using it....

My boat is bigger than all of yalls!

flounder_smacker 11-22-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

dont work on them anymore. have moved to bigger better things. own a small workboat rental business. so again when you want to know something about boats....let me know, or you can rent one when that optipop goes in the shop.:smokin:

LaAngler 11-23-2009 09:24 AM

I feel like deleting a few comments and getting to the bottom of this. IF you over REV a mercury opti over 5750 the warranty is VOID? Yet the Rev limiter is set at 6200??? Hmmmmmm

W get off your high horse, your boat handling skills dont match your claim :p I had to stop the boat twice pulling up to the dock instead of you bumping her into reverse.