SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   small victory!! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43089)

fun w son 04-17-2013 03:55 PM

small victory!!

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Senate has rejected a bipartisan effort to expand federal background checks to more firearms buyers in a crucial showdown over gun control.

Wednesday's vote was a jarring blow to the drive to curb firearms sparked by December's massacre of children and staff at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn. President Barack Obama made broadened background checks the centerpiece of his gun control proposals.

The roll call was also a victory for the National Rifle Association, which opposed the plan as an ineffective infringement on gun rights.

The proposal would have required background checks for all transactions at gun shows and online. Currently they must occur for sales handled by licensed gun dealers.

The system is designed to keep criminals and people with mental problems from getting guns.

Feesherman 04-17-2013 03:59 PM

Huge victory, nuttin small about it

Top Dawg 04-17-2013 04:19 PM

Yes. Not sure why its in the comedy section lol anyways...that oughta piss the demostupids off!

fun w son 04-17-2013 04:36 PM

sorry I uploaded so fast didnt see where i was uploading it at .LOL
any one know how our 2 jacka$$ senators voted???

Feesherman 04-17-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun w son (Post 571181)
sorry I uploaded so fast didnt see where i was uploading it at .LOL
any one know how our 2 jacka$$ senators voted???

I can promise u vitter voted with us and hairy Mary voted however Obama told her too.

fun w son 04-17-2013 07:23 PM

True

jchief 04-17-2013 07:37 PM

Who voted for and against.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...hecks/2091625/

Harley123 04-17-2013 08:16 PM

well we need to take that list and the ones who voted yes need to be taken out of office because they stupid and they are what is keeping this country from heading in the right direction

Goooh 04-17-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley123 (Post 571248)
well we need to take that list and the ones who voted yes need to be taken out of office because they stupid and they are what is keeping this country from heading in the right direction

Their constituents put them there... That's where the problem lies. The beautiful system we have where people vote for local folks to give them a national voice is backfiring and running us in the ground. It needs some modifications.

On welfare? You don't vote

Not a legal citizen? You don't vote (this we just need to enforce)

Unemployed for more than 6 months without a legit reason? You don't vote

Think the word "credit" ends with the letter K? You don't vote

Dogface 04-17-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 571257)
Their constituents put them there... That's where the problem lies. The beautiful system we have where people vote for local folks to give them a national voice is backfiring and running us in the ground. It needs some modifications.

On welfare? You don't vote

Not a legal citizen? You don't vote (this we just need to enforce)

Unemployed for more than 6 months without a legit reason? You don't vote

Think the word "credit" ends with the letter K? You don't vote

Agreed!!!

Gerald 04-18-2013 12:21 AM

FYI......Mary L. voted "FOR" this bill.

2ndamendment 04-18-2013 12:29 AM

Ole' Mary isn't concerned, she believes she can't lose the election here in La.

Feesherman 04-18-2013 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald (Post 571322)
FYI......Mary L. voted "FOR" this bill.

I knew that without looking it up.

Matt G 04-18-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndamendment (Post 571323)
Ole' Mary isn't concerned, she believes she can't lose the election here in La.

She is deeply rooted in Louisiana politics, but I think now more than ever is our chance to get her out. We need to get behind Cassidy 100% on his campaign. I think it will be tough, but it can be done.

swampman46 04-18-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 571219)
I can promise u vitter voted with us and hairy Mary voted however Obama told her too.

Or paid her to. Remember the $100 million bribe she took a while back to vote the way Obama wanted her too? I think it was on Osamacare.

Feesherman 04-22-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampman46 (Post 571364)
Or paid her to. Remember the $100 million bribe she took a while back to vote the way Obama wanted her too? I think it was on Osamacare.

Yes it was called"the Louisiana purchase" and it was to buy her vote for Obamacare