SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Big Nasty Day (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6027)

mikedatiger 12-13-2009 10:22 PM

Big Nasty Day

2 Attachment(s)
Josh and I hit the water today and ran into a heck of a fog. Without the GPS I don't think we could have left the dock. Fishing was pretty good off the bat and then as Ray said, it died about 9:30 so we headed out to one of W's holes. We picked it clean, and it won't be worth a dang for at least a couple weeks...

Josh gave a new line of baits a heck of a workout, fishing a Cajun/Pepper and Glow Big Nasty - and no "W" you don't have any as I bought em all:D
I fished a jerk jr with orange tail. Caught reds and specks on both baits.

Nicer fish were north but better looking water was south. Was some of the worst fog I have ever seen out there today.

longsidelandry 12-13-2009 10:23 PM

Nice pile of fish!!

shellman 12-13-2009 10:25 PM

Nice catch,,,,,,,,

jlincecum 12-13-2009 10:27 PM

another good outing for Team Geaux Outdoors. i love it when a field test passes. its bad when you need a gps just to find your general location. :cool:

"W" 12-13-2009 10:28 PM

Nice Fish and where is my load of baits... Have to keep them off the trail!!!

mikedatiger 12-13-2009 10:29 PM

Your baits are coming. About to put a big order through. I like these Big Nasty's! Going to order some more and get the ones with rattles in the tail. These things are hand dipped and the Fire tail is one of the brightest around.

trophytroutman 12-13-2009 10:36 PM

nice.

jlincecum 12-13-2009 10:41 PM

Big Nastys and jerk jr.s did the trick today. can't wait to try out the rattle version. its a real treat to fish big lake when shes slick. it doesnt happen very often this time of year.

huntin fool 12-13-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlincecum (Post 91002)
Big Nastys and jerk jr.s did the trick today. can't wait to try out the rattle version. its a real treat to fish big lake when shes slick. it doesnt happen very often this time of year.

:rolleyes:

If i could get my hands on some, i'd teach you a ancient chinese secret about rattles in baits...;);)

:*****:

Nice haul Mike and Josh

jlincecum 12-13-2009 10:49 PM

Fool, I already told you how to get your hands on some.

huntin fool 12-13-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlincecum (Post 91007)
Fool, I already told you how to get your hands on some.

I know...lol i just haven't ordered them..but seriously,you can buy the rattles like the ones below, and insert them into the bait. Until the real ones come out

I do them with 90% of my bass worms, haven't tried them with sand eels yet..the ones i use stay in pretty good..

Gotta trick dem feesh...anybody can throw a watermelon red centipede, but how many of them have rattles in them :p

http://img.tacklewarehouse.com/ProductImages/MCWR.JPG

catch.and.fillet 12-14-2009 08:02 AM

That's a good eatin' red right there in that second picture....

Will"E"Fish 12-14-2009 08:37 AM

Optional tip's

Now that you've discovered the rattle how about one more advantage tip? Super glue: I perfer the gel type so it doesn't run all over the bait and every where else. Where ever you insert the rattle , put a drop so rattle will last longer and not come out the entrance hole as easy . Lastly to make bait last longer ; before pushing bait completely on lead head put a bead of S.G.where bait will stop against lead head.

Hier Soir 12-14-2009 11:35 AM

Nice

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikethetiger55 (Post 90982)
Josh and I hit the water today and ran into a heck of a fog. Without the GPS I don't think we could have left the dock. Fishing was pretty good off the bat and then as Ray said, it died about 9:30 so we headed out to one of W's holes. We picked it clean, and it won't be worth a dang for at least a couple weeks...

Josh gave a new line of baits a heck of a workout, fishing a Cajun/Pepper and Glow Big Nasty - and no "W" you don't have any as I bought em all:D
I fished a jerk jr with orange tail. Caught reds and specks on both baits.

Nicer fish were north but better looking water was south. Was some of the worst fog I have ever seen out there today.

Nice haul there. Gotta luv a day like that...no matter what Mother Nature has to offer!

Ray 12-14-2009 12:12 PM

Glad I hooked up with you guys yesterday.
Them free packs of lures will fit perfectly in my Walmart bag I keep
in the helm seat.

You shoulda been there yesterday Fool.

jlincecum 12-14-2009 12:37 PM

Keep stirrin Ray, keep stirrin

jpeff31787 12-14-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikethetiger55 (Post 90995)
Your baits are coming. About to put a big order through. I like these Big Nasty's! Going to order some more and get the ones with rattles in the tail. These things are hand dipped and the Fire tail is one of the brightest around.

would you happen to have a pic of these baits?

jlincecum 12-14-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 91139)
would you happen to have a pic of these baits?

Website in my sig

speckdaddy 12-14-2009 05:42 PM

nice catch guys!!!!

Evans 12-14-2009 06:09 PM

Nice catch! We were out there yesterday afternoon and that fog got thick my GPS is in the shop so you talk about a scary ride back.