SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   is st. joseph harbor open yet??? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36630)

fishingonewild 09-27-2012 10:17 AM

is st. joseph harbor open yet???

i wonder if they still have st. joseph harbor closed down. its almost october and still havent heard anything abt that place opening up. im dying to go casting for shrimp since i do not have a boat for the time being.

salty dogg 09-27-2012 10:19 AM

It is still closed, drove there this weekend and workers there said that there is a contractor problem and they dont know how much longer it will be.

fishingonewild 09-27-2012 10:23 AM

ahhh!!! its driving me insane. i dunno where else to go to be able to cast for shrimp.

Duck Butter 09-27-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingonewild (Post 497694)
ahhh!!! its driving me insane. i dunno where else to go to be able to cast for shrimp.

I know, I miss that place also, but in honesty - you can run down and buy 25 lbs/shrimp off the boats in Delcambre for what it costs to run down from Laf to Rockefeller:) But that is not what I like to do either:spineyes:

Country Boy 09-27-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingonewild (Post 497694)

You could cast for shrimp down price lake rd. at the end of the road on right side also my friend that has a camp around joesph harbor was told it will open in 2 weeks but I heard this before so hopefully this time will be true.

fishingonewild 09-27-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Country Boy (Post 497725)
You could cast for shrimp down price lake rd. at the end of the road on right side also my friend that has a camp around joesph harbor was told it will open in 2 weeks but I heard this before so hopefully this time will be true.

only way to find out!!!!! :headknocker::headknocker::headknocker:

fishingonewild 09-27-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 497720)
I know, I miss that place also, but in honesty - you can run down and buy 25 lbs/shrimp off the boats in Delcambre for what it costs to run down from Laf to Rockefeller:) But that is not what I like to do either:spineyes:

u made a good point but at least u do know its fun to be out there and casting for them urself.

joeymaloz 09-27-2012 12:17 PM

Nopes...... Heard 2-3 days ago wont open this year..... Gotta love dem state workers..

fishingonewild 09-27-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeymaloz (Post 497748)
Nopes...... Heard 2-3 days ago wont open this year..... Gotta love dem state workers..

WHAT!!! IS THAT A FACT OR JUST RUMORS.. WE DUNNO FOR SURE DONT WE... DOESNT ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CONTACT THAT AREA AND FIND OUT FOR SURE IF ITS GONNA STAY CLOSED FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR. OR WILL OPEN UP IN TWO WEEKS. :pissed::pissed::pissed:

Country Boy 09-27-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingonewild (Post 497795)
WHAT!!! IS THAT A FACT OR JUST RUMORS.. WE DUNNO FOR SURE DONT WE... DOESNT ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CONTACT THAT AREA AND FIND OUT FOR SURE IF ITS GONNA STAY CLOSED FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR. OR WILL OPEN UP IN TWO WEEKS. :pissed::pissed::pissed:

This is the number for the refuge 337-491-2593. I called about 3 weeks ago and the lady said there was not a date set when it would be open.

fishingonewild 09-27-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by country boy (Post 497823)
this is the number for the refuge 337-491-2593. I called about 3 weeks ago and the lady said there was not a date set when it would be open.

thanks im gonna call them tomorrow and find out some info and will update yall on here when i get some info...

Jrchip1 09-27-2012 08:36 PM

I heard closed "indefinately" a couple weeks ago. I also heard that they put a new women engineer in charge of the project, not that that makes any difference of course.

Gerald 09-28-2012 12:35 AM

IMO......some women really know how to get a job done. This could be a good thing, if it is true.

Montauk17 09-28-2012 07:44 PM

I heard at the earliest it will re open in spring 2013

bjhooper82 09-28-2012 07:52 PM

I hope yall are all just bull s h i t t i n g cause i was planning on putting a dent in the shrimp population out there this october.

Montauk17 09-28-2012 07:56 PM

From another site.....

DAMN!!!

Just got word from a VERY reliable source that there is now legal action between the State and the Contractor who has been doing the upgrade work at Joseph Harbor in the Rockefeller Refuge. All further work has been postponed, and it could be – according to my sources – next Spring before the work is completed and the site is again open to the Public.

Spring!!

And if that doesn’t suck royally, I don’t know what does! I mean, I might have died from old age before the place is open again!

Just one of the benefits of the low bid for a government project…

Montauk17 09-28-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjhooper82 (Post 498332)
I hope yall are all just bull s h i t t i n g cause i was planning on putting a dent in the shrimp population out there this october.

Everyone forgets about rollover....they been tearing up the shrimp over there. Gotta get there early to beat the crowd.

bjhooper82 09-28-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 498336)
Everyone forgets about rollover....they been tearing up the shrimp over there. Gotta get there early to beat the crowd.

Yeah, ive been there a few times in the past couple of weeks and only caught my limit one time. It just sucks there because there is hardly any parking and when josephs is open it spreads the shrimp warriors out. Thanks for the info.

Montauk17 09-28-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjhooper82 (Post 498339)
Yeah, ive been there a few times in the past couple of weeks and only caught my limit one time. It just sucks there because there is hardly any parking and when josephs is open it spreads the shrimp warriors out. Thanks for the info.

The big weir on the left is the best one....pogie meal makes it easier to load up.

bjhooper82 09-28-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 498346)
The big weir on the left is the best one....pogie meal makes it easier to load up.

Yep, thats where i caught em. Im gonna have to get me some of that ole stinky pogie meal i guess. So people have been catching at rollover within the past few days?