SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Henderson water update please (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41850)

blackmamba 03-07-2013 06:13 PM

Henderson water update please

Thinking about trying my luck in Henderson tomorrow. Anybody been lately or drive over? Thanks fellas

Montauk17 03-07-2013 06:23 PM

Drove over a few days ago does not look bad but the lillys are everywhere. The launch off the interstate was jammed up so if you go launch at one of the launches off the levy. Heard they been catching a few bass and sacalait in the butte la rose canal. The willow mounds north of the interstate should be good too for spawning fish.

wetaline 03-07-2013 07:00 PM

Private launches were clear on Sunday - passed by McGees's and Cypress Cove. Water was very high and muddy. South flats by the launches were clear.

blackmamba 03-07-2013 07:11 PM

Thank you fellas

wetaline 03-07-2013 07:26 PM

Just talked with my neighbor. He went fishing yesterday. He said the same thing - water's still high, but starting to drop. He only caught one sacalait.

jakekern 03-08-2013 05:49 AM

Water looks great on this end at Kern's Landing. No lillies here. Some of the other landings were having a problem with the lillies blocking their landings due to the north winds, but fortunately we have been lillie free. It's gonna be a nice weekend.

Country Boy 03-08-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackmamba (Post 557001)
Thinking about trying my luck in Henderson tomorrow. Anybody been lately or drive over? Thanks fellas

You might want to try whiskey bay too, should be starting to turn on. Fish pilings then make your way to the work canal, did u find any of the jigs I had showed u.

Dogface 03-08-2013 07:50 AM

Went yesterday and water is dirty almost everywhere. South flat, north flat etc. didn't go to pit but I'm sure it's good there. It's falling so fast that its pulling bad water out of the woods.

fishingonewild 03-08-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogface (Post 557165)
Went yesterday and water is dirty almost everywhere. South flat, north flat etc. didn't go to pit but I'm sure it's good there. It's falling so fast that its pulling bad water out of the woods.

yea i heard from a buddy that went fishing last weekend in henderson saying that its low on oxygen since they seen bubbles floating on top of the water... so now its dropping and the dead water coming back out of the woods will make it even harder to fish since it prolly makes the fish move away from poor oxygen. but if there is moving water in some areas it sud be able to hold some fish.... hoping that the lillies will not take over all over but i got a gut feeling it will...

blackmamba 03-09-2013 12:02 AM

Went today and scratched. Water at the boulevard looked good, Pelba and Opelousas Bay looked decent and the end of the BLRC looked ok too.

ranger-go-getter 03-09-2013 01:03 PM

They are catching Sacalait and bass. I have been catching every time I go. U just have to find the fish