SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Trout finally made it to the cove! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65902)

jopete 10-31-2016 10:45 PM

Trout finally made it to the cove!

as a thankyou to the people on here who love to give away my fishing spots in fausse point, I would like to tell my salty Cajun friends that the speckled trout have shown up in the cove and off blue point. . caught sat, sunday, and today.
get you some while the getting is good.

Trout rivers 10-31-2016 11:17 PM

Excellent get em boys!

southLA 10-31-2016 11:24 PM

Expect there to be 200 boats tomorrow now.

MattMigues 11-01-2016 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southLA (Post 810733)
Expect there to be 200 boats tomorrow now.

X2... I heard about it Sunday and waited to see how long it would take to make it online! enjoy the fishing, I'm going to check some of my hot spots Wednesday away from the 200+ folks lol!

Waterbug 11-01-2016 07:38 AM

How many did you catch. Did you get some pics
Plastic or shrimp ?

wishin i was fishin 11-01-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattMigues (Post 810740)
X2... I heard about it Sunday and waited to see how long it would take to make it online! enjoy the fishing, I'm going to check some of my hot spots Wednesday away from the 200+ folks lol!

lol, X3

dont be givin up jopetes spots!

Redneckyacker 11-01-2016 08:59 AM

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/atta...1&d=1478008495

wishin i was fishin 11-01-2016 07:22 PM

Jopete, what is the backstory on your lake fausse point spots?

AubreyLaHaye458 11-01-2016 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin (Post 810782)

Do Point is Da Bomb is his burn handle and he forgot which one he was logged in on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alphaman 11-01-2016 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin (Post 810782)

That's should be neat place to scan and make a contour map! What you think

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

MattMigues 11-02-2016 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaman (Post 810792)

Mostly will be flat 2ft-6ft LOL

AlexOrtego 11-02-2016 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattMigues (Post 810810)
Mostly will be flat 2ft-6ft LOL

lol i fished it once, i swear the entire lake was 2 ft

i was running in the middle of nowhere/wide open, beached the boat lol. Cranes were walking by me while i pushed it

wishin i was fishin 11-02-2016 08:56 AM

yep, got to be careful on that lake.

the deeper parts are in the canals south of the state park from what I know of the lake. last few time I was there (8 years ago) I launched at the state park and stayed along the road and levee. got some nice deeper water heading south.

Oh no, I gave away someones spots!

jopete 11-02-2016 10:48 AM

some of you crying about this thread are the worst ones for posting up pics and ruin-ing other people's spots.

have fun walking across the boats!!!!!!!!

and thanks for the pm's, but the good need to suffer for the bad.

a real fisherman can get away from the crowds, and doesn't have the need to post pics every time he catches a croaker and give the exact coordinates of where he caught said croaker. only 12 year old girls or men with extremely low self esteem do this.

yigodiver 11-02-2016 11:49 AM

I have been told by several that the Cove is really getting good, been seeing lot of boats headed down Darnell early in the morning, with rods sticking up and corks flopping in the wind headed to da POINT!

Think I will get in the middle of them boats come Sat morning, there will be a few out there on my guess. The tighter the boats are together must mean large school of trout.

bayouchub 11-02-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaman (Post 810792)

Forget fishing it. #mapdat

BassYakR 11-02-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayouchub (Post 810832)
Forget fishing it. #mapdat

you gotta be about that #maplyfe bruh!

#contours

cajun bill 11-02-2016 03:28 PM

Fished VB today. Wind was howling out of the East. About 5 boats at Ortemond Reef, no one catching anything, same with the Cove, tried East side of WB, nada, then around Blue Point, Bayou Pierre, nada. Water stained. Heard a report yesterday that water was crystal clear. Don't see how. Hit 2-3's all the way back across WB to the Delcambre canal.

BTW, the new Ulterra Riptide is awesome. Everything I thought it would be.

alphaman 11-02-2016 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 810833)
you gotta be about that #maplyfe bruh!

#contours

Love mapping and creating maps. Your learn so much more about and area . how to fish it, where to pisistion your boat to anchor etc. #mapdat

wishin i was fishin 11-02-2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jopete (Post 810827)
some of you crying about this thread are the worst ones for posting up pics and ruin-ing other people's spots.

have fun walking across the boats!!!!!!!!

and thanks for the pm's, but the good need to suffer for the bad.

a real fisherman can get away from the crowds, and doesn't have the need to post pics every time he catches a croaker and give the exact coordinates of where he caught said croaker. only 12 year old girls or men with extremely low self esteem do this.

Well Jo point, one thing is fo sho, aint no one gonna share info with you no mo. Good luck with the gafftops!

I figured your PMs were blown up. by your own words, guess you are not a real fisherman...cause a real fisherman can get away from the crowds, even in fausse pointe... or does that just apply to the bay?

Might want to rethink that statement about 12 year old girls buddy...dont look in the mirror anytime soon either.