SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Whats up with BL? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52147)

Reefman 03-24-2014 09:39 AM

Whats up with BL?

I went back to the reports from last year at this time....what the heck is going on? Jadams, W and gang were posting great catches even the office fishermen were catching their fair share during the month of March! Did our cold winter mess up BL? No bait fish in the lake? Water temps seem to be almost the same as last year..remember we had a cold spring in 2013. Salinities look about the same....what gives?

meaux fishing 03-24-2014 09:52 AM

Obamas fault

ThePinkBanana 03-24-2014 10:10 AM

It's depressing. I've started fishing Toledo bend instead. Lake has been whack this year. It's over fished.

"W" 03-24-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon_Picou (Post 674754)
It's depressing. I've started fishing Toledo bend instead. Lake has been whack this year. It's over fished.

LMAO..it is not over fished....CMON dude

We do not have the shrimp or bait to bring in new fish yet and we just came of a winter that saw like 30 days below freezing which means everything is late. We also had some real late fronts come in

How can you over fish a lake that has a 60ft channel straight to the gulf of Mexico that is 50ft for 20miles ?
PLEASE EXPLAIN THAT....

I catch fish every time I go out

Raymond 03-24-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefman (Post 674747)
I went back to the reports from last year at this time....what the heck is going on? Jadams, W and gang were posting great catches even the office fishermen were catching their fair share during the month of March! Did our cold winter mess up BL? No bait fish in the lake? Water temps seem to be almost the same as last year..remember we had a cold spring in 2013. Salinities look about the same....what gives?

Had a great Feb but the last cold snap shut the fish I was on down. Wind IMO has more to do with it right now than anything else. These NW,SW,W winds have been a PIA. Being able to go when the conditions are right means everything right now.

BuckingFastard 03-24-2014 10:37 AM

widgeon grass overload

AubreyLaHaye458 03-24-2014 10:40 AM

Everything is delayed. The crawfish, the fish, the planting season. That's just what happens with a winter like we had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BassYakR 03-24-2014 10:43 AM

Its not that the fishing is any worse than last year! fish are being caught.... Myself I don't post reports anymore for certain reasons... Im 98% sure that others are doing the same.

"W" 03-24-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 674761)
Had a great Feb but the last cold snap shut the fish I was on down. Wind IMO has more to do with it right now than anything else. These NW,SW,W winds have been a PIA. Being able to go when the conditions are right means everything right now.

:fireworks:

Clampy 03-24-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 674768)
Its not that the fishing is any worse than last year! fish are being caught.... Myself I don't post reports anymore for certain reasons... Im 98% sure that others are doing the same.

Ding

Spiral Out

Chip Landry 03-24-2014 12:47 PM

I visited with a cousin yesterday from Houston that fishes pro redfish and occasional speck tourneys and he said with all the late harsh cold fronts we had into February, fishing is a month behind from previous years. He's saying this time next month it's gonna be on.. Just thought I'd share his .02..

homerun 03-24-2014 12:58 PM

The shrimpers in cameron didnt start catching a few shrimp til mid to late febuary. Example last year they were catching shrimp in mid january. Everything late a month. Shrimp gotta come out of mud and then grow as water warms up. The fish will follow the bait.

BuckingFastard 03-24-2014 01:26 PM

all the fish have moved to texas... its proven. everyone fish there this year.

BassYakR 03-24-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckingFastard (Post 674808)
all the fish have moved to texas... its proven. everyone fish there this year.

This is 100 percent the truth!!!!! SABINE HAS ALL THE TROUT!

BuckingFastard 03-24-2014 01:34 PM

BassYakR is my "proof"... he goes all the time and only catches hard heads! he says theyre great eating but i just dont wanna go that route. you can find everyone in SABINE!

bjqx 03-24-2014 03:32 PM

We all no Sabine not delayed from cold weather, people just not posting BL reports.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

ThePinkBanana 03-24-2014 04:46 PM

It's not about people posting reports or not. They're just not any numbers. There are guys consistently mopping up in dularge, empire, and lake P right now, and they had the same winter we did. I ask around and talk to many people who don't even get online, and fact of the matter is.... It's slow right now. Hopefully things will pick up soon once the bait catches up from the long winter.... If not... I've got my perch jerker spooled up. Toledo bend, here we come.

Clampy 03-24-2014 04:54 PM

I know people that were filling stringers every trip just a couple weeks ago on big lake. They just ain't talking about it. The fish move a lot this time of year it's hard to stay on top if them.
I haven't heard a lot of reports from lake p either. 15-20 fish here and there. Dularge always stacking pickles.

Spiral Out

Reefman 03-24-2014 05:05 PM

Do you guys think fishermen are catching but keeping their mouth shut to keep the crowds down in BL? Posting pics of stringers w/ 5-6lbs trout seem to get the crowds out all over the place with full parking lots.

bjqx 03-24-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefman (Post 674890)
Do you guys think fishermen are catching but keeping their mouth shut to keep the crowds down in BL? Posting pics of stringers w/ 5-6lbs trout seem to get the crowds out all over the place with full parking lots.

No doubt!!!!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2