SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Big Lake 6/25/17 (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67224)

T-Speck 06-25-2017 06:11 PM

Big Lake 6/25/17

3 Attachment(s)
It was a great trip today, until... Me and my fishing partner headed out this morning from Spicer's with live shrimp and worked the north end of Big Lake. Lots birds all over so we fished those and ended up limiting out on specks by about 10:30. We went south and fish grass for reds. Ended up with a few really nice reds. My Buddy ended up sleeping a good bit on this trip. I can't say I blame him, I do wake him up early. Got back to the launch and after I sharpened my fillet knife I went to slide it back into its case and like a true idiot, I cut my finger right in the crease under my first knuckle. So no pictures of the fish all laid out pretty. I didn't even wash my boat. Just cleaned my fish, flushed the motor and called it a day. All fish were caught on live shrimp about 3' under a popping cork.

seapro150 06-25-2017 06:50 PM

Awesome catch. What kind of rig do you have? I like the lay out

bjhooper82 06-25-2017 07:18 PM

Looks like a nautic star to me.

bjhooper82 06-25-2017 07:20 PM

Nice job getting the young man out and great report. I know that cut had to burn!

T-Speck 06-25-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seapro150 (Post 822615)
What kind of rig do you have?

It's a Nauticstar 244xts w/ the head console.

I just got it last October and I love it!

T-Speck 06-25-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjhooper82 (Post 822618)
Nice job getting the young man out and great report. I know that cut had to burn!

Thanks. He's just starting to get to the age that it's enjoyable for both of us. And yes, it still doesn't feel great.

MEM1971 06-25-2017 08:50 PM

Good job. Did u try fishing banks on north end for those reds. I caught over 25 yesterday from cut that goes to Fred's and around into turners. Then went to north east corner and caught more. Anyway I'm sure glad to hear trout still on north end of lake. I tasted that water yesterday and was fresh as it could be so suprised to say the least.

T-Speck 06-26-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEM1971 (Post 822624)
Good job. Did u try fishing banks on north end for those reds. I caught over 25 yesterday from cut that goes to Fred's and around into turners. Then went to north east corner and caught more. Anyway I'm sure glad to hear trout still on north end of lake. I tasted that water yesterday and was fresh as it could be so suprised to say the least.

I didn't try that area for reds. I should have. Would have saved me a lot of time and fuel. The water around turners was as salty as it could get Sunday.