SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   8-29 Reds in frenzy! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65318)

MEM1971 08-29-2016 01:00 PM

8-29 Reds in frenzy!

Went to catch mullet in cut north of tunrers and high tide with fresh water had none to be found. Just as I pulled up trolling motor saw a silver flash so thru net and caught 5-6 dozen pogies. I started idling out trying to decide where to go, south channel, black lake, rocks by joes cove etc. I noticed water was clear so I put trolling motor back down and headed for bank where I caught reds before. Actually trout and reds but I knew slim chance for trout but reds could be there since they like fresh water too. Very first cast was 24" red so put power pole down and boated 35-40 reds! As soon as it hit water. The pogies the fish shook off the hook I boated would float towards the grass bank and they were nailing them too. Feeding Frenzy for some reason. I kept the ones that were as close to 16" except that first one cause they better to eat. I didn't know how thick they were yet or I'd released that bigger one too. Caught 10 under 16" and 10 or so over 20". After having all that fun didn't realize it was already 10. Had limit by 8. Anyway storms were still all over south so came in early since less chance rain tomorrow gonna go try find trout. Only burnt a couple gallons of gas this am. Launch at cal point and caught the reds on far north bank in turners. Here is my five I boxed and pic of one of 30 or so more I released.

MEM1971 08-29-2016 01:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Forgot pics

seachaser250 08-29-2016 01:07 PM

Thanks for the report!

fishfish 08-29-2016 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEM1971 (Post 805387)
Went to catch mullet in cut north of tunrers and high tide with fresh water had none to be found. Just as I pulled up trolling motor saw a silver flash so thru net and caught 5-6 dozen pogies. I started idling out trying to decide where to go, south channel, black lake, rocks by joes cove etc. I noticed water was clear so I put trolling motor back down and headed for bank where I caught reds before. Actually trout and reds but I knew slim chance for trout but reds could be there since they like fresh water too. Very first cast was 24" red so put power pole down and boated 35-40 reds! As soon as it hit water. The pogies the fish shook off the hook I boated would float towards the grass bank and they were nailing them too. Feeding Frenzy for some reason. I kept the ones that were as close to 16" except that first one cause didn't know how thick they were yet. 10 under 16" and 10 or so over 20". After having all that fun didn't realize it was already 10. Had limit by 8. Anyway storms were still all over south so came in early since less chance rain tomorrow gonna go try find trout. Only burnt a couple gallons of gas this am. Launch at cal point and caught the reds on far north bank in turners. Here is my five I boxed and pic of one of 30 or so more I released.

ty
Thanks for the report. More important though, why socks with crocs!

ahlangle 08-29-2016 01:32 PM

Thanks for report man keep poundin em!

seachaser250 08-29-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfish (Post 805390)
ty

I'm more concerned with why you care what type of clothing another dude is wearing...........

MEM1971 08-29-2016 02:15 PM

Comfort. No fashion show for sure. Use cut off sleeves for head rag too lol!

ahlangle 08-29-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEM1971 (Post 805396)
Comfort. No fashion show for sure. Use cut off sleeves for head rag too lol!

we should all consider doing this, dat boy's catchin em

fonikoddity 08-29-2016 04:49 PM

I couldn't find a headband the other day, so off went the sleeves of my oldest shirt :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broke Down 08-29-2016 06:32 PM

So.....cut off sleeve for bandanna = limit on reds? I must try this!

Awesome catch! Perfect grill size!

BArmand 08-29-2016 06:51 PM

vrocs with socs is the way to go. How I roll too.

Brinnon 08-29-2016 07:24 PM

Awesome trip!!! Glad to hear a good report after all this freshwater

Goooh 08-29-2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfish (Post 805390)
ty

That's so you don't snap a pinky toe through one of them side holes