SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Spanish Lake (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27012)

speck cc 01-12-2012 12:31 PM

Spanish Lake

anyone know if Spanish Lake is still dead? my job is moving and i will be really close to it... would be nice to have a little spot for a break!

BIG RED 1983 01-12-2012 12:34 PM

Its 6 ft under

fishfighter 01-12-2012 12:45 PM

i believe you can catch some catfish and some snakes in there

YellowMouth7 01-12-2012 02:12 PM

What ever happned to it? I fished it as a kid prob 10-12 years ago and we would catch some nice bass.

TB

fishfighter 01-12-2012 02:23 PM

drained

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowMouth7 (Post 375784)
What ever happned to it? I fished it as a kid prob 10-12 years ago and we would catch some nice bass.

TB

i think it was drained a bunch of years ago, not sure exactly when, but i've heard stories of it being drained and people were picking up flopping fish out of it, not sure why or when it was drained but i guess it has never been restocked!!!!!

speck cc 01-12-2012 02:26 PM

i would be happy catching catfish... anything to get the line wet!

fishfighter 01-12-2012 02:45 PM

bay

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck cc (Post 375792)
i would be happy catching catfish... anything to get the line wet!

hey speck if you are going to be close to spanish lake there are other spots that produce only a little further away, are you going to be staying in new iberia? across the highway it isn't far to the intercoastal canal and the bay then the other way is the basin, pm me i can help you if you need it

speck cc 01-12-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfighter (Post 375804)
hey speck if you are going to be close to spanish lake there are other spots that produce only a little further away, are you going to be staying in new iberia? across the highway it isn't far to the intercoastal canal and the bay then the other way is the basin, pm me i can help you if you need it

yeah, i was hoping to be able to go to spanish lake since it will be so close... but if it's as bad as they say (and a lot of people say it)... i'll prob stick with the bay!

fishfighter 01-12-2012 03:22 PM

squirrel run holds some nice bass, catch and release though i wouldn't eat them

jpeff31787 01-12-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfighter (Post 375814)
squirrel run holds some nice bass, catch and release though i wouldn't eat them

Wheres that at? I haven't bass fished much south of I10 especially towards New Iberia, but I hear theres a lot of good fishing. If you ever looking for someone to split some fuel with or just looking to go we can go in my boat, doesn't matter to me, but shoot me a message or something. If I'm off of work, I'm usually fishing somewhere. This goes for anyone on here, I'm always willing to learn new areas and I'm willing to share info on any area I know.

Armand16 01-12-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 375841)
Wheres that at? I haven't bass fished much south of I10 especially towards New Iberia, but I hear theres a lot of good fishing. If you ever looking for someone to split some fuel with or just looking to go we can go in my boat, doesn't matter to me, but shoot me a message or something. If I'm off of work, I'm usually fishing somewhere. This goes for anyone on here, I'm always willing to learn new areas and I'm willing to share info on any area I know.

roger that.. me you and BC need to make a trip as soon as hunting season is over

fishfighter 01-12-2012 04:07 PM

golf

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 375841)

squirrel run is a golf course/neighborhood off of hwy 182 just before you get to the city limits, i fished it a few years ago with some buddies, it's no problem to catch some 4lbers in there

jpeff31787 01-12-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfighter (Post 375845)
squirrel run is a golf course/neighborhood off of hwy 182 just before you get to the city limits, i fished it a few years ago with some buddies, it's no problem to catch some 4lbers in there

is it ok to fish there? Usually golf courses don't appreciate that, right?

jpeff31787 01-12-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armand16 (Post 375844)
roger that.. me you and BC need to make a trip as soon as hunting season is over

haha dude i can definitely bring you on a guided choupique trip any day you want. The choupique are THICK THICK where I've been fishing. Must of hooked 80 or more last weekend

fishfighter 01-12-2012 04:36 PM

idk

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 375850)
is it ok to fish there? Usually golf courses don't appreciate that, right?

not sure, we were never bothered it is a neighborhood too, we never went trotting across the greens or interfered with the golfers we fish around the residential areas, but like i said it has been years

Armand16 01-12-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 375851)
haha dude i can definitely bring you on a guided choupique trip any day you want. The choupique are THICK THICK where I've been fishing. Must of hooked 80 or more last weekend

im down. ill be sure to bring my jus grab it glove bc them suckas are nasty

duckman444 01-12-2012 05:03 PM

Parish decided to lower the water levels and open the locks which drained the lake. It happened about three years ago. Killed that area. They put those two homos out of business. Lol

jpeff31787 01-12-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armand16 (Post 375862)
im down. ill be sure to bring my jus grab it glove bc them suckas are nasty

bogas work good on them too

YellowMouth7 01-12-2012 05:20 PM

Jpeff........Ill put Armond in my boat and we will have a tourny

T and F fishing 01-14-2012 11:41 PM

I know a buddy used to run jug lines in spanish lake and would fill and ice chest with cats the sac-a -lait used to be thick there with quality fish and also pretty nice bass but i haven't heard much from that lake in the last 3-4 years besides catfish I personally went about 2 years ago with worms on the bottom and caught a couple nice little catfish if you have about an hour to kill and wait i'm working close to there too now just across the other side of HWY-182