SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So good to be back in louisiana (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11104)

Woodduck Commander 06-07-2010 06:33 PM

So good to be back in louisiana

Just got back to Louisiana from a week in NYC and Washington D.C. It was a great trip but I don't see how they live up there. When we left New Orleans, other than the popeyes in Atlanta airport. The food stopped.......:( when we got back I ate a shrimp poboy from connie's in reserve, la.... And I relized how important the food here is to me... It's good to be back

Dink 06-07-2010 06:39 PM

First thing in the suitcase when going up north is Tony's.........I ate at a "Cajun" restaurant in north Carolina once........took 2 bites and walked out......didnt say a word, didn't pay the check.........they claimed the owners were from breaux bridge.......yeah right, no self respecting coon *** puts Roux in a etouffee!!!!!!

Asterisk-Rich 06-07-2010 07:24 PM

should have eaten at 2 boots in NYC! i told you to holla at me

Woodduck Commander 06-07-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterisk-Rich (Post 161559)
should have eaten at 2 boots in NYC! i told you to holla at me

We ended up not staying in NYC very long and when me and yak'em thought about it.... We were about to leave

Dink 06-07-2010 08:14 PM

Sorry I couldn't chat Luke......supper time in this house gets crazy......hope you enjoy them spectacles......lemme know how they work out!!!

Woodduck Commander 06-07-2010 08:28 PM

That's cool man. I love them. I'm still wearing em...

yak'em-n-stack'em 06-07-2010 08:44 PM

sorry asterisk, we were only in the city for like 3 hours

next time

adamsfence 06-07-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em (Post 161587)
sorry asterisk, we were only in the city for like 3 hours

next time

you could stay there for a week and not see everything that place is huge.....not that you would want to stay there any longer. rudest people i have ever seen

Woodduck Commander 06-07-2010 09:04 PM

Omg yeah... When a polite and very friendly southern man (my dad) meets a new yorker... It's terrible

adamsfence 06-07-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodduck Commander (Post 161602)
Omg yeah... When a polite and very friendly southern man (my dad) meets a new yorker... It's terrible

use to piss my buddy off all the time when he would wave at someone and they would look at you stupid.......on the flip side the girls love the accent.

FF_T_Warren 06-07-2010 09:09 PM

It must have been nice week in NYC when I went. Me and my friend went for our senior trip and were there for a week and never, not even once was anyone rude or mean. We had a blast and got into all kinda crap. We bought some of those motorized scooters and tore up the town on them things. then sold em right before we left. They came out up there like 6 months before they had em here. only 1 store in the city had em and they was selling like hotcakes

FF_T_Warren 06-07-2010 09:10 PM

actually Ive been 3 times and never got that mean treatment or rudeness anytime

huntin fool 06-08-2010 08:49 PM

Met a many of chicks from around the Country at INTEL....they love a lil accent

tumbleweed 06-08-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

actually Ive been 3 times and never got that mean treatment or rudeness anytime
I agree, I lived for a while. The only thing I found is that they were in a hurry all the time.

adamsfence 06-08-2010 08:56 PM

i was on long island and just ain't the same as here where people wave and talk to each other. i guess im just spoiled to southern hospitality.

Asterisk-Rich 06-08-2010 09:18 PM

no biggie fellas, next time for sure. all you have to do is say "yall" and the ladies come running. you'd swear they have never seen a pair of croakies either!