SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Submersible Fishing Lights (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68451)

T-Boo 05-10-2018 12:22 PM

Submersible Fishing Lights

Can anybody recommend a submersible fishing light that is worth its cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkcckc2002 05-12-2018 09:46 AM

For a dock or to use from your boat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

T-Boo 05-12-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkcckc2002 (Post 835390)
For a dock or to use from your boat?

A portable one. I bought a Quarrow 90 from Academy. Hooked it up last night. Worked well but I didn?t catch anything off of it.

calcutta37 05-12-2018 06:35 PM

The lights work best when they are on in the same place every night.

jkcckc2002 05-14-2018 12:39 PM

I have never put one out and fished over them. Although i have a friend that does and he catches. I made ont this year to use when I go night fishing. I believe it is more about location of where you put it out than if it is there every day. My friend would fish at the channel edge near some sunken trees, and would start fishing about 1/2 hour after his lights were out but before full sundown and catch. What body of water are you using this in?

ShelG 05-14-2018 05:14 PM

Loomisled.com. It really works.

T-Boo 05-14-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkcckc2002 (Post 835466)
I have never put one out and fished over them. Although i have a friend that does and he catches. I made ont this year to use when I go night fishing. I believe it is more about location of where you put it out than if it is there every day. My friend would fish at the channel edge near some sunken trees, and would start fishing about 1/2 hour after his lights were out but before full sundown and catch. What body of water are you using this in?

I tried it for two nights straight off our dock in Toledo Bend. Baitfish and what looked like small bream were swimming around it.

jkcckc2002 05-14-2018 10:22 PM

Well the ones I have fished some of the fish look smaller than they are. I have caught a few stripers that I thought were bream but were 12" or so. Also the bigger fish usually dont really get into the light. They will be near the glow, and everyonce in a while come through. I have found when the gars are there, thats it for that night. One light may hold srtipers and the next 50 yards away will have large mouth. I have rarely caught a combo at one light. I have never really fished for sac-a-lait by them but will try this year. By no means am I an expert I do this once or twice a year, this is juat what I have seen. Toledo may be totally different.

If you have any tips I'll sure listen.