SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Offroad Forum (4x4 & ATV) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Driveshaft? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22204)

scott craft 08-16-2011 10:20 PM

Driveshaft?

Where's a good place to get a cv driveshaft made? I've got a k5 blazer that's going to be needing another one.

Dink 08-16-2011 10:53 PM

You should be able to find one in any auto part store for arouns $100

scott craft 08-16-2011 10:55 PM

I didn't know that. I need one with a cv shaft on the transfer case end and the slip built into the driveshaft. I'm going to put a slip-yoke eliminator on the transfer case.

Dink 08-16-2011 11:22 PM

Ok....That's different. You can try a car quest or someone with a REAL parts man. But sounds like you may be goin custom

weedeater 08-17-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott craft (Post 307860)
I didn't know that. I need one with a cv shaft on the transfer case end and the slip built into the driveshaft. I'm going to put a slip-yoke eliminator on the transfer case.

Talk to Rick Burgess, he had one custom built for a jeep

jldsc 08-17-2011 08:47 AM

you can order the factory replacement driveshaft for that K5 from LMC..as long as you know what series yoke on the transfercase, series 1 or series 2. If you putting the splinned shaft that will be the series 1, which was '80's on back. You will most likely get off cheaper having one built at a local driveshaft shop. My cousin Kirk, owns Driveline Specialties 337-334-3371, but its over in Rayne. You may give him a call and see if he knows of someone a little closer to your end of town. Im sure theres someone in LC that can build this for ya..

outcast 08-17-2011 08:50 AM

I dont know if you want to come to baton rouge. But there are two places that i have used for driveline parts.
Precision brake and clutch
Or
Driveline specialties
Both can do what you need

scott craft 08-18-2011 12:34 AM

Thanks for the replies. I'm not ready to get one made yet, I'm looking for ideas. This truck hasn't moved in four years and I'm trying to get a game plan together on what I want to do. It definitely needs a longer driveshaft though.

weedeater 08-18-2011 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott craft (Post 308360)
Thanks for the replies. I'm not ready to get one made yet, I'm looking for ideas. This truck hasn't moved in four years and I'm trying to get a game plan together on what I want to do. It definitely needs a longer driveshaft though.

Don't we all:D

jdm4x43732 08-27-2011 06:24 PM

I've used Driveline Specialties in Rayne and they did a top notch job. Also have used Longview Driveshaft in Longview, Tx. Both did A+ work. Word of advise, figure the highest HP you want and biggest tire size, if you are having custom shafts made you don't want to do it twice, if you put ujoints that are too small you'll regret it later. They probably won't break in your drive way, it will be deep in BFE.

booyagasha 08-27-2011 06:27 PM

aftermarket ones at autoparts stores handle pretty well and they're cheap 70-80 bucks with the core charge. PLUS many of em have LIFETIME WARRANTIES

H2OFwlKlr 08-27-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jldsc (Post 307929)
you can order the factory replacement driveshaft for that K5 from LMC..as long as you know what series yoke on the transfercase, series 1 or series 2. If you putting the splinned shaft that will be the series 1, which was '80's on back. You will most likely get off cheaper having one built at a local driveshaft shop. My cousin Kirk, owns Driveline Specialties 337-334-3371, but its over in Rayne. You may give him a call and see if he knows of someone a little closer to your end of town. Im sure theres someone in LC that can build this for ya..

Worth the drive to Rayne, give Kirk a call, top notch.