SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Almost time.. (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60462)

huntin fool 06-22-2015 05:29 PM

Almost time..

2 Attachment(s)
Figured I'd post some pics of the hound.. He will be a year old in August. Plan to hunt him at the lodge this year if all continues to go well. Shawn Braquet is currently making him a helluva rock dog.Attachment 90150Attachment 90149

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duckman70301 06-22-2015 07:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 90156Attachment 90157

bbrown 06-23-2015 08:10 AM

Shawn does'nt rock dog!!!!!

Duffy.yyz 06-23-2015 08:12 AM

'Ding ding ding'......Ill take a rock dog over a ribbon dog any day

Quackhead62 06-23-2015 08:56 AM

looks like a damn good pup. As long as my dog picks up my ducks and finds them in the grass he don't need any ribbons to prove he can hunt.

bbrown 06-23-2015 09:10 AM

Shawn has a great dog and I'm sure he is helping a ton with yours. He knows how to work one. Your dog is a pretty dog to boot.

Not me, I get my rocks off chasing ribbons around the south. Its my deal. I started off buying a dog to train to hunt then it took hold of me. I think its funny how people get so butt hurt over someone that enjoys running ribbon dogs. Its the same principal as going fishing in a little alum boat with academy rods and reels vs. a 60K bay boat with waterloo's and shimano tackle. Its all about what makes you happy at the end of the day with both being sufficient to get fish in the boat. Some people are happy getting their at 20 MPH and some need to go 60 MPH. Some people are happy chunking rocks and others want to have a dog handle at 300 + yrds. I choose to spend way to much time and money running dogs but its my gig.

Shawn Braquet 06-23-2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbrown (Post 760461)
Shawn has a great dog and I'm sure he is helping a ton with yours. He knows how to work one. Your dog is a pretty dog to boot.

Not me, I get my rocks off chasing ribbons around the south. Its my deal. I started off buying a dog to train to hunt then it took hold of me. I think its funny how people get so butt hurt over someone that enjoys running ribbon dogs. Its the same principal as going fishing in a little alum boat with academy rods and reels vs. a 60K bay boat with waterloo's and shimano tackle. Its all about what makes you happy at the end of the day with both being sufficient to get fish in the boat. Some people are happy getting their at 20 MPH and some need to go 60 MPH. Some people are happy chunking rocks and others want to have a dog handle at 300 + yrds. I choose to spend way to much time and money running dogs but its my gig.

Ding ding we have a winner. I just wish I had more time to chase the ribbons, unfortunately it's an all or nothing sport if you want to be competitive, in field trials that is. I'll take my remote control dog any day over a 20 lb sack of rocks and a hurt shoulder. Whistles tend to weigh much less.

Duffy.yyz 06-23-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackhead62 (Post 760456)
looks like a damn good pup. As long as my dog picks up my ducks and finds them in the grass he don't need any ribbons to prove he can hunt.

EXACTLY!!!

cajunforeman 06-23-2015 11:00 AM

And we're off... Great looking pup fool, I know you will enjoy the power sterring.

C-Bass2mouth 06-23-2015 12:00 PM

Annnnnnd downhill from here.

Robot dogs 4 liyfe

meaux fishing 06-23-2015 01:52 PM

I heard Shawn offers a season of free rocks with every dog he trains

Shawn Braquet 06-23-2015 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 760496)
I heard Shawn offers a season of free rocks with every dog he trains

That's a special offer for friends, don't tell everyone. I'll never keep a driveway like that.

Duffy.yyz 06-23-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 760510)
That's a special offer for friends, don't tell everyone. I'll never keep a driveway like that.

Lol

huntin fool 06-24-2015 01:43 AM

All BS aside, I've hunted along side of Shawn's dog, and hopefully mine will follow right in his foot steps. Makes for an enjoyable hunt with customers when your dog is running good.
If he's able to ever dip off into any hunt test or trials then sweet.

Shawn Braquet 06-24-2015 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 760593)
All BS aside, I've hunted along side of Shawn's dog, and hopefully mine will follow right in his foot steps. Makes for an enjoyable hunt with customers when your dog is running good.
If he's able to ever dip off into any hunt test or trials then sweet.

See you this afternoon for some Swim By and marks, don't forget the rocks.

duckman1911 06-25-2015 10:26 PM

Rock dog vs Ribbon dog = best thread ever.
Good looking pup man.

FREON 06-26-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 760392)
Figured I'd post some pics of the hound.. He will be a year old in August. Plan to hunt him at the lodge this year if all continues to go well. Shawn Braquet is currently making him a helluva rock dog.Attachment 90150Attachment 90149

Now all you have to do is learn how to shoot!! :grinpimp: Good looking dog for sure!! Hope he don't turn into a Labrador Recliner like my wife did to my last one!!:spineyes: