SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Back To School.... Back to school (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47145)

SaltERedneck 08-20-2013 10:15 AM

Back To School.... Back to school

Sooo who all is heading back to school and for what concentration???

Going into my third semester of graduate nursing (Family Practitioner). Official start date tomorrow, but assignments were posted last week... go figure. Crazy hectic schedule ahead of me: M, W, F, Sat work 7a-430p. Tues and Thurs clinicals 8am - 5p.

OB/GYN and pediatrics should be interesting. Will be at the Magnolia Clinic in Sulphur on Thursdays and OB Care in Lake Charles on Tuesdays.

Back to the grind i guess... Good luck to the rest of you. :help::work:

CajunSteelsetter 08-20-2013 10:26 AM

Yeah enough of this school stuff...its for the birds. Birds...birds! birds! All I can think of is birds not school!

youu_whoo_whoo 08-20-2013 10:51 AM

I am moving back up to Lafayette tomorrow. Halfway through school. part time job while in school and a full time job over the summer. Got a lot less hunting and fishing done than i would have liked.

swamp snorkler 08-20-2013 11:32 AM

That's the rotation my brother is on Salt-e

SaltERedneck 08-20-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 619555)
That's the rotation my brother is on Salt-e

he's going through ULL???

jchief 08-20-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 619523)
Sooo who all is heading back to school and for what concentration???

Going into my third semester of graduate nursing (Family Practitioner). Official start date tomorrow, but assignments were posted last week... go figure. Crazy hectic schedule ahead of me: M, W, F, Sat work 7a-430p. Tues and Thurs clinicals 8am - 5p.

OB/GYN and pediatrics should be interesting. Will be at the Magnolia Clinic in Sulphur on Thursdays and OB Care in Lake Charles on Tuesdays.

Back to the grind i guess... Good luck to the rest of you. :help::work:

Well quit playing on SC and get to work......

:grinpimp:

SaltERedneck 08-20-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 619568)
Well quit playing on SC and get to doing your homework......

:grinpimp:

LMAO. Stop sitting on your azzz and go to physical therapy!!!!

swamp snorkler 08-20-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 619565)
he's going through ULL???

LSU, he goes to class in NOLA on FR and does his rotations in Houma

FF_T_Warren 08-20-2013 01:08 PM

Next week I start back on my bsn. Goin to ull. Only 3 classes left. Ill be done in march thank goodness. Then apply for anesthesia program for next fall

SaltERedneck 08-20-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren (Post 619596)
Next week I start back on my bsn. Goin to ull. Only 3 classes left. Ill be done in march thank goodness. Then apply for anesthesia program for next fall

most anesthesia programs require the core MSN classes (theory, issues, research) to be completed plus GRE exam and 1 year of ICU experience just to apply... just a heads up.

FF_T_Warren 08-20-2013 01:15 PM

Yea ours doesn't require any classes. They advise to take statistics or you'll have to take it while taking the anesthesia classes. I'm gonna take gre and ccrn after I finish my bsn. I've already got the ICU time. Ill have almost 4 years by the time I start school

SaltERedneck 08-20-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren (Post 619598)
Yea ours doesn't require any classes. They advise to take statistics or you'll have to take it while taking the anesthesia classes. I'm gonna take gre and ccrn after I finish my bsn. I've already got the ICU time. Ill have almost 4 years by the time I start school

cool. i almost went that route but family illness and having a kid sent me in another direction. If you can manage, take the research class on its own... its a BEAST!

AubreyLaHaye458 08-20-2013 02:26 PM

I started yesterday at SOWELA. Just general studies for now until I can transfer to McNeese in Ag. Business

SaltERedneck 10-28-2013 02:00 PM

Halway done!!!!!!!!!!

Semester is halfway over!!! woo hoo. Dec 6th I start counting the days til graduation (Dec. 15th, 2014)!!!! IF the good lord is willing!!! I got my first taste of fishing since August yesterday and i am ready to sling some topwater bass over in Toledo.... maybe shoot a duck or two in nov/dec. Anyone else having withdrawals bc of school???? :spineyes:

mcjaredsandwich 10-28-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 619611)
I started yesterday at SOWELA. Just general studies for now until I can transfer to McNeese in Ag. Business

Just saw this...Dwight Bertrand is my favorite professor. You'll be happy with that decision.

mcjaredsandwich 10-28-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 639536)
Semester is halfway over!!! woo hoo. Dec 6th I start counting the days til graduation (Dec. 15th, 2014)!!!! IF the good lord is willing!!! I got my first taste of fishing since August yesterday and i am ready to sling some topwater bass over in Toledo.... maybe shoot a duck or two in nov/dec. Anyone else having withdrawals bc of school???? :spineyes:

No withdrawals here, nice NOT being in school!! Keep it up Eddie!

SaltERedneck 10-28-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich (Post 639538)
No withdrawals here, nice NOT being in school!! Keep it up Eddie!

I hear that man... it really didnt hit me til yesterday how fast the time has gone by. seems like yesterday i was complaining about the GRE... LMAO.

seapro150 10-28-2013 05:38 PM

Ff t warren, I'm in the anesthesia program in arkansas state. I'm finishing up my first year. Let me know if you have any questions or need anything. Also, make a Dropbox account and I can send you every anesthesia book you will need. Cost $10 bucks a month but will save you thousands in books

paublo25 10-28-2013 08:35 PM

I'm actually "starting over" going back for Environmental Qualities. Work said that if I go back and keep up good grades they'll pay for it, so why the hell now. It will suck b/c it will take about 2-3 years.

SaltERedneck 01-08-2014 11:43 AM

Jan 15th

Its that time again... not much of a break between work and home life. 11 months til graduation! Will be rotating this semester with Dr. Keane O' Neal (Jan through April) and Dr. Richard Gilmore (around April). Say hello if you are a fellow SC member and see me.