SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Is duck hunting done in South Louisiana? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69058)

Feesherman 02-22-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb (Post 847075)

and we need to work with Mexico's duck limits. Their season goes til March and they pile up the spoonbills, pintails, and teal and the guide business are popping up all over down there

thats OUR ducks that should be shot in Louisiana!

That is why the wall is so important. To keep our ducks and their Mexicans where they belong.

Xpress21 02-22-2019 09:19 AM

Hahahahaha

tucan 02-22-2019 10:09 AM

What is the future?

Ducks will never return to Louisiana like it was in the 80s. Just like what happened to the Canada Geese in louisiana in the 60s. All that was done by who and where ever North of us changes what returns down here. The growth of Duck Hunting in general was a determent of everything here as far as our bird supply decreased shows. Get you fishing poles boys and your plane tickets for duck hunting up North. With the prices of hunting here with Zero kills its better to travel south to Argentina.

Feesherman 02-22-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tucan (Post 847078)
Ducks will never return to Louisiana like it was in the 80s. Just like what happened to the Canada Geese in louisiana in the 60s. All that was done by who and where ever North of us changes what returns down here. The growth of Duck Hunting in general was a determent of everything here as far as our bird supply decreased shows. Get you fishing poles boys and your plane tickets for duck hunting up North. With the prices of hunting here with Zero kills its better to travel south to Argentina.

Sellin your boat for plane tickets?

all star rod 02-23-2019 12:58 PM

So where are all these cheap leases at??????

ckinchen 02-24-2019 11:11 PM

Hot crop is legit I've seen it.

Hell I do it.

If you can't beat them join them.

ckinchen 02-24-2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 847115)
So where are all these cheap leases at??????

You need one more really bad year then watch

DaPointIsDaBomb 02-25-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 846965)
I agree. You will still have the desperate hunters to still pay 5-7 K for a blind and not really kill nothing after opening weekend when the teal leave. Prices are not going down. Lucky for me, I split my lease with 2 others so my share is only 3K which is no issue for me. Matter of fact, I am looking for another lease to pick-up.

I laugh at people that want to pay 1000-2000 total for a lease and still expect to kill 500 plus ducks.

big baller, shot caller

ckinchen 03-07-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb (Post 847152)
big baller, shot caller

Lol

ahlangle 03-08-2019 09:07 AM

So yeah, duck hunting is done in south Louisiana.

TidewateR 03-08-2019 10:02 AM

For what its worth, we saw quite a few birds, mostly teal, galdwall, ring neck and mottled duck in the pecan island marsh last Friday and behind the weirs in Cameron NWR on Saturday. Guess they're on their way back North. Mexicans didn't shoot them all!