SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Body found in lake martin (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20099)

mallard matt 06-24-2011 11:43 AM

Body found in lake martin

The body of an unidentified man has been discovered in Lake Martin, near the intersection of LA 343 and Rookery Road.

Shortly after 6:00 a.m. this morning, a boater called 911 and reported seeing a body in Lake Martin near the boat launch. Investigators with the St. Martin Parish Sheriff's Office stated that it appears to be the body of male subject. It remains under investigation and there is no further information available at this time.

weedeater 06-24-2011 11:58 AM

:eek: Bad way to start a day, this is one of my biggest fears on the water.

CrazyD 06-24-2011 12:18 PM

Back in the late 80s on a good Friday they had a guy fishing off of Little Chenier Road in Cameron snag a black trash bag while catfishing when he reeled it in he saw a finger sticking out so he and his son opened it and it was a head and arms of a man. We were frying fish when what seemed like every police car in the area drove by. After a few days of searching they found the torso about a mile away in another bag.

southern151 06-24-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyD (Post 275304)
Back in the late 80s on a good Friday they had a guy fishing off of Little Chenier Road in Cameron snag a black trash bag while catfishing when he reeled it in he saw a finger sticking out so he and his son opened it and it was a head and arms of a man. We were frying fish when what seemed like every police car in the area drove by. After a few days of searching they found the torso about a mile away in another bag.

So, you're saying the man drowned?!

DUCKGOGETTER 06-24-2011 12:27 PM

Man that's one of my biggest fears is coming up on something like that.

BassAssasin 06-24-2011 12:51 PM

yea thats scary

booyagasha 06-24-2011 01:02 PM

I'm not afraid of dead bodies...my fear is calling it in and having CG tell me to be on stand by while they take their time to get to me

Hopedale Hustler 06-24-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booyagasha (Post 275323)
I'm not afraid of dead bodies...my fear is calling it in and having CG tell me to be on stand by while they take their time to get to me

That's y you never call them in...just fish then make an anonymous call later...

My uncle and lil brother were going fish Hopedale on morning last summer and found a black woman dead on the side of Saint Bernard Hwy.. Police estimated she was dad less than 4 hours when they found her at 430...

Marshrat 06-24-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyD (Post 275304)

I remember them finding the bag with the torso in it, but from what I remember they never found the head, legs and arms (could be wrong about this). I do remember the identified the man by putting a picture of a rare/odd belt buckle he had on.

Warren

YellowMouth7 06-24-2011 03:28 PM

Man we almost went fishing their instead of the butte yesterday evening....crazy stuff

CrazyD 06-24-2011 04:32 PM

One bag was found at a flood gate and the other bag was found about a mile away at a bridge that leads down an old pump road. Our camp was in the middle of the two

bjhooper82 06-24-2011 11:43 PM

That would sure ruin my day!!

iron man 06-25-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booyagasha (Post 275323)

I'm with you on that one. I've had a stranger die in my hands in my front yard in a very bad car wreck. My fear would be calling it in.

Montauk17 07-02-2011 05:51 PM

The body that was found was someone I went to school with. We were not close,but still crazy to find out someone I went to highschool got murdered. RIP Corey Sonnier,I hope the cops find out who killed him before someone else does.

RonnieF 07-02-2011 07:54 PM

They showed a person of interest on KATC tonight. May justice be swift.

Ronnie