SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boating Talk (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Need opinion on bay stealth 2230 (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19733)

msu-tfrancois 06-15-2011 12:51 PM

Need opinion on bay stealth 2230

thinkin about buyin a bay stealth 2230 would like some opinions before I do....thanks

Ducktrickster 06-15-2011 01:17 PM

Good solid boat. Need trim tabs. I have one and can't really complain about anything about it but I would not buy another.

msu-tfrancois 06-15-2011 01:26 PM

Thanks... how's the ride? and i hear that the dry boxes aren't so dry

Ducktrickster 06-15-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msu-tfrancois (Post 269239)
Thanks... how's the ride? and i hear that the dry boxes aren't so dry

Its descent. A little wet with a crosswind. The only box that stays dry are the rod boxes but I have an anchor holder going into one and goldenrod puts beer cans with a sip or two left in the other so they aren't that dry either. The livewell splashes into the underconsole storage if its rough otherwise that stays dry.

smooth move 06-19-2011 08:04 PM

good boat in every way except it's wet.

ShadMan 06-19-2011 09:33 PM

I had a 24' Baystealth. Best boat I've ever owned or fished on.

Sent from my 4G Droid Charge on Tapatalk

goldenrod 06-20-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducktrickster (Post 269428)
Its descent. A little wet with a crosswind. The only box that stays dry are the rod boxes but I have an anchor holder going into one and goldenrod puts beer cans with a sip or two left in the other so they aren't that dry either. The livewell splashes into the underconsole storage if its rough otherwise that stays dry.

haha im the only one that does that

SaltyShaw 06-20-2011 08:45 AM

I wouldnt buy one, thats just my opinion.
I heard they are wet boats and the way that bow is real low like it is it seems like it would go under in rough water, which wouldnt leave to great of a feeling in my stomach going through rough stuff with the bow dipping in the water. Very heavy looking boat may help the ride quality but i guess they have their trade offs.
Good Luck

all star rod 06-20-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyShaw (Post 271800)
I wouldnt buy one, thats just my opinion.
I heard they are wet boats and the way that bow is real low like it is it seems like it would go under in rough water, which wouldnt leave to great of a feeling in my stomach going through rough stuff with the bow dipping in the water. Very heavy looking boat may help the ride quality but i guess they have their trade offs.
Good Luck

I thought they "baystealth" went out of buisness a few years ago....

SaltyShaw 06-20-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 271840)
I thought they "baystealth" went out of buisness a few years ago....

Good possibility, i know the local Blue Wave Dealer has a Bay Stealth in his inventory right now thats been there for a while. He tried knocking down the price alot to get me to buy it when i was looking for a boat, but not worth it in my opinion.

SULPHITE 06-20-2011 10:24 AM

http://www.caddoboats.com/company.html

jchief 06-20-2011 11:41 AM

I have fished and guided out of the 24' baystealth. Boat is heavy so it rides well and still performs very well

ShadMan 06-20-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corkyfatboy (Post 271905)
You haven't fished out of many boats have you? LOL

Yep, fished out of dozens of models including all the popular ones. I liked my BayStealth better than any of them. I had the 24', though, so I really can't comment on the 22'. It was generally very well built, rode great, and handled some pretty heavy waves offshore with no problem while still floating in skinny water in the back bays. Only thing I disliked was that it was very difficult to get back into after wading. A longer ladder would have been great.

Tex Dawg 06-21-2011 11:29 PM

I have a 2380 Bay Stealth that is 13 years old & still going strong. Has handled some nasty chop that others cant. Is it a wet ride, it can be when I push it in the rough stuff. The storage compartment on mine did not have silicone on the frame, so I took them off & sealed them all,it helped. The boat has plenty of room to walk around & fish. Mine has the rolled edge, but the inner liner is a heavier boat but I have never been in one, was told it is a smoother ride.