SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Another Reason to Boycott S.T.A.R.: Tripletail regulations passed (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52628)

MathGeek 04-15-2014 07:02 PM

Another Reason to Boycott S.T.A.R.: Tripletail regulations passed

1 Attachment(s)
Since it has received minimal public notice, I will mention that CCA succeeded in getting their tripletail restrictions passed. In Louisiana, it is no longer legal to keep more than 5 tripletail or to keep individuals shorter than 18". Both LDWF and CCA have been keeping this quiet, but the new regulation was published in the Louisiana Register in February, making it official and binding.

I should confess that I bought the LWF's head fake on this. After spearheading a letter writing campaign to the commission members, I double checked the LWF Commission agenda the morning of the September meeting and noticed that tripletail had been taken off the published agenda. Rather than stay in Baton Rouge for the meeting, I headed for Big Lake since it was the first chance to take my children fishing for inshore species since July. Notice the conspicuous absence of the minutes from the September meeting at the LDWF web site. I won't be fooled again.

CCA is committed to increasing regulation on sporting anglers even in cases where the resources are abundant and there is no scientific data suggesting current harvest levels are not sustainable. They have considerable influence with the LWF Commission but they are using it to push personal agendas rather than data driven resource conservation.

Top Dawg 04-15-2014 07:06 PM

Looks like the money I used to put into the CCA I can start using toward tickets.

Top Dawg 04-15-2014 07:15 PM

Link?

"W" 04-15-2014 07:17 PM

I just want to know where there is a lake Charles CCA meeting,

MathGeek 04-15-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 681458)
Link?

It's buried on page 373 of the Louisiana Register Vol. 40, No. 02 February 20, 2014.

http://www.doa.louisiana.gov/osr/reg/1402/1402.doc

Clampy 04-15-2014 07:34 PM

Are you saying if a federal law is unjust and not based in sound science we should fight and or ignore it ??

Spiral Out

Top Dawg 04-15-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathGeek (Post 681462)
It's buried on page 373 of the Louisiana Register Vol. 40, No. 02 February 20, 2014.

http://www.doa.louisiana.gov/osr/reg/1402/1402.doc

Phew. They got that **** where u can't find nothing. I'll take your word for it.

BROWN FIN 04-15-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 681470)
Phew. They got that **** where u can't find nothing. I'll take your word for it.

You poor guy. Stick to welding.

Goooh 04-15-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clampy (Post 681466)
Are you saying if a federal law is unjust and not based in sound science we should fight and or ignore it ??

Spiral Out

Interesting.

bgizzle 04-15-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 681472)
Interesting.

Very interesting!

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

Goooh 04-15-2014 08:08 PM

Another Reason to Boycott S.T.A.R.: Tripletail regulations passed

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathGeek (Post 681452)
Since it has received minimal public notice, I will mention that CCA succeeded in getting their tripletail restrictions passed. In Louisiana, it is no longer legal to keep more than 5 tripletail or to keep individuals shorter than 18". Both LDWF and CCA have been keeping this quiet, but the new regulation was published in the Louisiana Register in February, making it official and binding.

I should confess that I bought the LWF's head fake on this. After spearheading a letter writing campaign to the commission members, I double checked the LWF Commission agenda the morning of the September meeting and noticed that tripletail had been taken off the published agenda. Rather than stay in Baton Rouge for the meeting, I headed for Big Lake since it was the first chance to take my children fishing for inshore species since July. Notice the conspicuous absence of the minutes from the September meeting at the LDWF web site. I won't be fooled again.

CCA is committed to increasing regulation on sporting anglers even in cases where the resources are abundant and there is no scientific data suggesting current harvest levels are not sustainable. They have considerable influence with the LWF Commission but they are using it to push personal agendas rather than data driven resource conservation.

I don't have a single email about triple tail hearings or any updates on ANYTHING going back 12 full months.

Plenty of stuff on Vitter and red smaller though, as well as all the early bird winners for STAR (giving away yetis) and women's tagging workshops.

Your points are very interesting, especially the fact that September is missing altogether...

"W" 04-15-2014 08:14 PM

The triple tail limit uproar was started right here in Lake Charles by one person

"W" 04-15-2014 08:17 PM

You get one pick to figure out how the 3tail limit was passed, money + politics = we don't need science

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/louisia...d-fisheries-co

noodle creek 04-15-2014 08:25 PM

Geez, an 18 inch triple tail is a good one. Don't catch many in the lake that would be keepers anymore. What a terrible regulation, doubt many people will abide by this.

3FLa 04-15-2014 08:36 PM

So correct

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 681480)
The triple tail limit uproar was started right here in Lake Charles by one person

Yeap! Yeap! Yeap!

"W" you are correct, and that same individual used a video of Mike Lane catching TT as "expert" data that TT was in need of protection. That was the sum of CCA's expert research.

In addition, membership was not given a vote and the push for such legislative action was made in a CCA's executive session (only a select few board members). If that sounds familiar, that is exactly what was done on the proposed ban on bowfishing.

Natural Light Kid 04-15-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 681480)

Who?

Goooh 04-15-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid (Post 681490)
Who?

Click that link and find the fella with Lake Charles by his name

"W" 04-15-2014 09:33 PM

I just wish some of the politics would use there power to stop erosion and oyster dredge raping instead of worrying about a fish that you can catch 2 or 3 months out of a year!!

Or dropping a trout limit so one guide service can catch a limit of trout!!

meaux fishing 04-15-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 681499)
I just wish some of the politics would use there power to stop erosion and oyster dredge raping instead of worrying about a fish that you can catch 2 or 3 months out of a year!!

Or dropping a trout limit so one guide service can catch a limit of trout!!

:amen::amen::amen:

meaux fishing 04-15-2014 09:55 PM

how come the regulations dont show up on the LDWF website is what Im wondering?