SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Fried Pork Ribs (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55067)

ScubaLatt 07-20-2014 08:27 PM

Fried Pork Ribs

I had a fried pork rib Friday night in Baton Rouge at the Ducks Unlimited Road Kill cookoff and it was off the chart good!

I looked up recipes online and one says to smoke the ribs until done and cool overnight, batter and fry. Another recipe says to just fry them raw.

Has anyone done these? Which way is better/more tender?

TIA

Oops! 07-20-2014 08:46 PM

Have been doing them for years. Don't put any batter. Cut them into singles and fry. Season them with ur favorite Cajun seasoning and enjoy.

Matt G 07-20-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oops! (Post 708215)
Have been doing them for years. Don't put any batter. Cut them into singles and fry. Season them with ur favorite Cajun seasoning and enjoy.

How long in the grease? I'm not a big fan of fried food, but this may be an exception.

ScubaLatt 07-20-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Smoke first or use fresh, raw?

swamp snorkler 07-21-2014 06:42 AM

Quote:

This is what we do. I also do chicken the same way ( no batter ). My family enjoys it.

swamp snorkler 07-21-2014 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaLatt (Post 708250)
Smoke first or use fresh, raw?

I take off the "membrane" cut into individual pieces, season and fry. About 10 minutes maybe not that long. I'd imaging they would be good if you cold smoked them for an hour or 2 first.

Riceland 07-21-2014 08:14 AM

Remove the membrane, cut slab into individual ribs, throw in the grease and you're done. While they're still hot I'll toss them in a bowl with a little sauce to coat. My top sauces would be peanut sauce, thai sweet chili sauce, and bbq sauce.

SigNate 07-21-2014 09:58 AM

Sounds delicious!!!

gckid 07-21-2014 05:49 PM

I get the butcher to cut then 1 1/2" across the bone. slice ribs individually. mix in 1 cup of liquid crab boil and season good. Let them sit in cooler/ icebox few hours. throw in hot grease until floating. real good after cooking cracklins, and taste better in my opinion

Oops! 07-21-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 708270)
This is what we do. I also do chicken the same way ( no batter ). My family enjoys it.

X2. My family also loves chicken this way.

I first saw these ribs at a skeet shoot. Went home and tried them and my family loves them. They even want me to cook them for thanksgiving while I am frying my turkey! Lol.

mr crab 08-05-2014 09:48 AM

We fry fresh weeks hog ribs all the time. Just Todd's in seasoned flour and fry em. I used to give them away, but once I learned this recipe. I keep all my wild hog ribs for frying. My kids love em

rondog 08-05-2014 10:24 AM

I cooked some of these 2 weeks ago. I smoked them until there was no smoke coming out of the smoker then I let them cool down for about an hour. Then I cut them into individual pieces battered them and fried them for just a few minutes. Cam out really good and tender.

smooth move 08-07-2014 12:56 PM

we do deer ribs at the camp like this for snacks. there's never any left so they must be good. cut em cross bone down the middle and seperate into 3-4" sections and fry in a skillet in about 1/2" oil. season with tony's or anything you got laying around.