SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Texas and La regs shared (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17046)

Duck Butter 03-09-2011 01:45 PM

Texas and La regs shared

http://wlf.louisiana.gov/news/33804

LaAngler 03-09-2011 01:50 PM

Anglers are encouraged to provide their input regarding the changes. Louisiana public hearings will be scheduled in the Minden, Many and Lake Charles areas. Meeting dates and specific locations are being finalized and will be released soon.
With positive public approval and passage by both the Texas and Louisiana Commissions, the regulations are to be implemented on September 1, 2011.

i'll take the 1 over 25" on specks

cmdrost 03-09-2011 02:20 PM

this is a good thing IMO.....prob doesn't effect many saltwater guys since most people here don't venture over to Sabine. Def a good thing for Toledo Bend too.

ETA - It wouldn't surprise me to see LA lower its limits on LA side of Sabine to match TX, I doubt TX raises theirs to 15 fish creel limit min and lowers to 12" min

Duck Butter 03-09-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrost (Post 233265)
this is a good thing IMO.....prob doesn't effect many saltwater guys since most people here don't venture over to Sabine. Def a good thing for Toledo Bend too.

ETA - It wouldn't surprise me to see LA lower its limits on LA side of Sabine to match TX, I doubt TX raises theirs to 15 fish creel limit min and lowers to 12" min

Yep, the limits will probably reflect TX limits. The crappie fishing is what will probably take a hit. Doesn't TX have a lower limit (25?) and a minimum size limit (10"?). Also seems like during the winter when they are in the deep water you must keep the first 25 you catch regardless of size?

Would not be a bad idea, although that is a HUGE fishery and that lake could not be overfished

yak'em-n-stack'em 03-09-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 233267)
Yep, the limits will probably reflect TX limits. The crappie fishing is what will probably take a hit. Doesn't TX have a lower limit (25?) and a minimum size limit (10"?). Also seems like during the winter when they are in the deep water you must keep the first 25 you catch regardless of size?

Would not be a bad idea, although that is a HUGE fishery and that lake could not be overfished

not this again:work:

Duck Butter 03-09-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em (Post 233269)
not this again:work:

:D W in 1,2,3.....

yak'em-n-stack'em 03-09-2011 04:40 PM

Bruh.

Bruh,

only way you could outfish that lake is a core on a waterloo with my needle nose gar bait

ETA with a bunch of potlickers around you

"W" 03-09-2011 06:06 PM

again...Stupid Move.......

As long as they leave Big Lake alone...I dont really care..but that move is STUPID

Dink 03-09-2011 06:31 PM

W......think about it.....if they lower the limits on Sabine, even more will will come to big lake so they can keep more fish........it'll be 2 to 1 Texas boats

"W" 03-09-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 233295)
W......think about it.....if they lower the limits on Sabine, even more will will come to big lake so they can keep more fish........it'll be 2 to 1 Texas boats

:fireworks:

jimdecoy 03-10-2011 06:09 AM

Crappie creel limits on Toledo are already the same, 50 fish on both sides.

90% of boats on Sabine lake launch on the Texas side and are required to obeyed by Texas size/creel limits regardless were they fish so I don’t think you would see more Texas boats on Big Lake due to any change in regs on Sabine lake.

Most people I fish & hunt with, regardless of were the call home, do it ethically and only keep/shoot what they will use in a reasonable time. I stopped judging my hunting & fishing trips long ago by limiting out. I love to fish and enjoy catching large numbers and bring home only enough for a few meals, gives me an excuse to get back on the water sooner.

Shawn Braquet 03-10-2011 08:17 AM

Thought crappie limit in Tx is 25, got some guys that i work with in Tx and they are all sayin 25 per person with a 10" size limit

jimdecoy 03-10-2011 09:32 AM

State wide limit is 25 10" fish in TX but has been 50 10" fish on TB as long as I can remember.

Toledo Bend

• Daily bag for all four species of black bass=8 bass in any combination. Possession limit=10.
  • For black and white crappie, minimum length limit=10 inches and daily bag and possession limit=50 in any combination.
  • For black and white crappie caught from December 1 through the last day of February, there is no minimum length limit and all crappie caught must be retained. Daily bag and possession limit is still 50.
  • For striped bass, no minimum length limit. Daily bag=5, and only two striped bass 30 inches or greater may be retained each day.
  • For white bass, no minimum length limit and daily bag=25.

Shawn Braquet 03-10-2011 10:00 AM

What site did that come from i need to show these guys because they've been tearin them up on toledo and only keepin 25 because they thought that was the limit!!

jimdecoy 03-10-2011 10:17 AM

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...ceptions.phtml

Ray 03-23-2011 12:25 PM

LA/TX PROPOSED REGULATIONS:
Based on some of the public comments we've received via our online comment form, we'd like to clear up some confusion regarding the areas the proposed regulations will affect. The southernmost boundary is the I-10 Bridge. The regulations would not apply south of that point. Also, the regulations would only... apply to the river proper, not to areas off the river on the Louisiana side.

Ray 03-23-2011 12:27 PM

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/proposedregulations