SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Texas Threads & Bashing (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20954)

ckinchen 07-17-2011 07:40 PM

Texas Threads & Bashing

We need to put a stop to posting threads that appear to bash Texas and Texans. I know when I read a post on 2cool about "coona**" it gets my blood boiling. We have several great Texas members on this site and my family and I have met some great people in Texas. If we really want to grow our site, do we really want to all attack a city within 2 hours of the LA border that happens to have over 6,000,000 people? It's just not good for the site and it's unnecessary. Additionally Texans have had a great impact on Southwest Louisiana and that is not debatable. Any further "look at these Texans" type threads will be deleted and you may also receive an infraction. The exception to this is only for the gill net.

Lastly, last night there were two threads that got way out of hand regarding members bashing other members and bashing in general. Honestly several people could have been banned last night but because we (the mods) were away from our computers no infractions are being handed out at this time but they will in the future. We have a gill net section for anyone that wants to have an "internet fight", use it and keep the open forums clean.

Unfortunately several of our threads with useful information end up in the gill net because people take over the threads with their own agenda and destroy any sort of intelligent conversation that was taking place. Again, save if for the gill net.

Simply deleting post and not giving infractions to match the deletion is getting old and not getting us anywhere.

Duck Butter 07-17-2011 07:43 PM

I have no dog in this, but I agree 100%. The site is really going places, keep up the good work

"W" 07-17-2011 07:46 PM

That is what makes this site great!!!!!...... I mean....no more sheephead or gaftop post???? That sucks!!!

ckinchen 07-17-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 288039)
That is what makes this site great!!!!!...... I mean....no more sheephead or gaftop post???? That sucks!!!

I have kept Sheephead and drum before although not lately and I was born in Louisiana so whats the deal with that?

Post your sheephead and gaftop post in the gillnet where the type of responses you are looking for are acceptable.

I had a buddy in Hammond that wanted to limit on drum on every trip that we were on together.

It is not good for our site if people get the impression that Texans are not welcome here becuase that is not the case.

booyagasha 07-17-2011 08:10 PM

im guessin this is because of my thread about .yup, texas aint the only ones.... ..i dont think that dogging texas though

huntin fool 07-17-2011 08:12 PM

:(

ckinchen 07-17-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booyagasha (Post 288052)
im guessin this is because of my thread about .yup, texas aint the only ones.... ..i dont think that dogging texas though

No this is not just about your thread. You did not intend to start a Texas only catches gaftop debate.

southern151 07-17-2011 08:20 PM

While I agree 100% with what you are saying, this could have been said in less than a handful of pm's. I can read a title and tell who the op was a lot of the time. I believe in being proud of where you live and the lifestyle/customs associated with it but, much of what you are touching on here is no more than foolish pride and childish mentality.

As said by another, thanks for the hard work you've put in. It is really starting to show!

"W" 07-17-2011 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen;28804

[FONT=Arial Black
It is not good for our site if people get the impression that Texans are not welcome here becuase that is not the case.

[/FONT]
:rolleyes: Have to Casey...its the right time for this one......

mcjaredsandwich 07-17-2011 08:26 PM

They brought me into the state to raise gpa and act scores. Let em bash us ;)

ckinchen 07-17-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 288061)
[/B] [/COLOR][/FONT]
:rolleyes: Have to Casey...its the right time for this one......

You are one of a kind, you keep everything interesting and everyone on our toes, I will give you that.

"W" 07-17-2011 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 288070)
You are one of a kind, you keep everything interesting and everyone on our toes, I will give you that.

:cry::cry::cry:

ckinchen 07-17-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 288077)
:cry::cry::cry:

Dude you saved me and my family from floating back to Cuba in the gulf, we will always be friends.

hankscke123 07-17-2011 08:42 PM

i took grandson to galveston on vacation and would of gave 1k to even catch a hardhead or sheep head it is fishing and from the famous words of my grandfather if it has two eyes and bite on my hook its mine.plus texas has awsome deer hunting.and thanks casey for bringing salty to the next level.

meaux fishing 07-17-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 288080)
Dude you saved me and my family from floating back to Cuba in the gulf, we will always be friends.

Did you come from Cuba originally???

flounder_smacker 07-17-2011 09:20 PM

nothing wrong with someone wanting to catch sheeps. if thats what they like to do who is anyone on here to judge? just like all the northern states think low of us because of our ways which we think are perfectly normal. if making fun of others (when they cant even defend themselves) is fun then you need a check yourself.

"W" 07-17-2011 09:21 PM

My outlook is if you cant handle the heat.......(you know the rest of the story)

ckinchen 07-17-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 288125)
Did you come from Cuba originally???

Ok you got me on that one.

ckinchen 07-17-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 288134)
My outlook is if you cant handle the heat.......(you know the rest of the story)

That's just it, they do get out of the kitchen which costs us members and people that could have been valuable to the site.

Ducktrickster 07-17-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich (Post 288069)
They brought me into the state to raise gpa and act scores. Let em bash us ;)

So what's your plan?