SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Cocodrie Report (Trout & Bull Reds) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64046)

ImpulseFishing 05-04-2016 06:09 PM

Cocodrie Report (Trout & Bull Reds)

4 Attachment(s)
The last two days I had Mr. Billy Carter in town. He wanted one day of trout fishing and one day of redfishing. On Tuesday (5-3-16) we waited for the weather window that was to be mid day and headed out of Tradewinds Marina with live shrimp. It was still a bit rough on the way out and I was planning on fishing Timbalier island. When we arrived at the island the water was so dirty I knew it would be a waste of time. I decided we should run a little further east looking for some clean green water and we found it. About that time the wind settled down a bit and I casted a double rig out and as soon as it touched the water I had two fish on. I had Mr. Billy throwing live shrimp and hurried up and switched him over to plastic. We caught em on pearl white with black and purple flake swimbaits. Today (5-4-16) we launched at Jug's in Dularge with 3 dozen crab and hit the pass. We waited and waited and nothing wanted to eat yet. I was marking stacks of bull reds and drums but something was up. The tide was right so I'm not sure. We made a long move and set up on a good spot. I wasn't marking anything but after 5 minutes the bite went off. Nothing special about this place as it was the same as the other place just these fish were hungry. So Mr. Billy caught 5 bull reds and released 3 keeping two for the pit. The man is a beast when it comes to fishing. We got back to the lodge and what does he do, goes throw another line out for catfish off the dock. Much a pleasure Mr. Billy, you're always good company.

Capt. Rob Dupont
Impulse Fishing Charters
225-776-9820
www.impulsefishingcharters.com
www.facebook.com/impulsefishing
Instagram @impulsefishing

redchaserron 05-04-2016 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpulseFishing (Post 794315)
The last two days I had Mr. Billy Carter in town. He wanted one day of trout fishing and one day of redfishing. On Tuesday (5-3-16) we waited for the weather window that was to be mid day and headed out of Tradewinds Marina with live shrimp. It was still a bit rough on the way out and I was planning on fishing Timbalier island. When we arrived at the island the water was so dirty I knew it would be a waste of time. I decided we should run a little further east looking for some clean green water and we found it. About that time the wind settled down a bit and I casted a double rig out and as soon as it touched the water I had two fish on. I had Mr. Billy throwing live shrimp and hurried up and switched him over to plastic. We caught em on pearl white with black and purple flake swimbaits. Today (5-4-16) we launched at Jug's in Dularge with 3 dozen crab and hit the pass. We waited and waited and nothing wanted to eat yet. I was marking stacks of bull reds and drums but something was up. The tide was right so I'm not sure. We made a long move and set up on a good spot. I wasn't marking anything but after 5 minutes the bite went off. Nothing special about this place as it was the same as the other place just these fish were hungry. So Mr. Billy caught 5 bull reds and released 3 keeping two for the pit. The man is a beast when it comes to fishing. We got back to the lodge and what does he do, goes throw another line out for catfish off the dock. Much a pleasure Mr. Billy, you're always good company.

Capt. Rob Dupont
Impulse Fishing Charters
225-776-9820
www.impulsefishingcharters.com
www.facebook.com/impulsefishing
Instagram @impulsefishing

How can one angler keep 2 bulls in a day? Limit is 1 over 27"

ImpulseFishing 05-04-2016 08:53 PM

The captain's limit is allowed

Capt. Rob Dupont
225-776-9820

AlexOrtego 05-05-2016 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redchaserron (Post 794322)
How can one angler keep 2 bulls in a day? Limit is 1 over 27"

stop trying to be "that guy"

legallimits 05-05-2016 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexOrtego (Post 794351)
stop trying to be "that guy"

^^^^^^^^

+1