SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Grand Chenier Teal Time (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50564)

Gerenemo 01-06-2014 08:24 AM

Grand Chenier Teal Time

2 Attachment(s)
My wife and I hunted our spot at Grand Chenier Sunday morning and the Green Wings were there in force. Limit all GW Teal. Saw thousands of ducks mostly Teal and Greys however could not get the greys to give us a look. I'm just fine with GW Teal. Will take this every day. My old dog Cooper was supurb today as usual, however he is 11 years old and is moving mighty slow. I will most likley retire him after this season. He has the want to, just losing his get along. I hope to get him out once more before this season is over, however I will not take him when it is cold, it's too much for him. Best dog I ever owned and I do not want to hunt him in the ground. The picture of him is from a hunt earlier this year.

FF_T_Warren 01-06-2014 08:31 AM

Nice haul man. I'm really hoping to get a dog this year sometime.

Matt G 01-06-2014 09:17 AM

Great job. Hell I'll take that over what we got Sunday. Slow doesn't even describe it. We had 2 greys come in on us and that was it. It sounded like a war zone to the east of us though. Must have been y'all.

Paulox86 01-06-2014 10:14 AM

Try a pintail whistle when the grey ducks start flying. I have been noticing one or two peeling out of a group of six or more and decoying to the whistle. No quacks or grey duck calling.

It has been weird. But the teal are definitely in the Holly Beach, Cameron, Grand Chenier area.

Gerenemo 01-06-2014 10:18 AM

Whistle

I will try that, thanks for the tip..

specktator 01-06-2014 11:12 AM

Nice hunts! My 11 y/o yellow lab passed away about a month ago. I had retired him last season. Had him in my college years where I was hunting almost everyday and he was run down. Sure do miss him! He would have died trying to retrieve a duck in the marsh on his last day if I would have let him.

BIG-C 01-06-2014 01:07 PM

Nice hunt

swamp snorkler 01-06-2014 01:20 PM

The best caller I ever seen for Grey Ducks would wait for them to flyover then hit them with a tat tat tat from a Haydels Gadwall wall call. He was actually the best caller I've ever seen because he didn't hardly do anything and the greys were coming in with cupped wings.

DUCKGOGETTER 01-06-2014 10:38 PM

Way better than what were killing south of the catholic church

bgizzle 01-07-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER (Post 657466)
Way better than what were killing south of the catholic church

They left you Chris?

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

DUCKGOGETTER 01-07-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgizzle (Post 657553)
They left you Chris?

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

nope seen probably 5000 pintails saturday, but won't work for ****. bodying up northwest of us and sucking everything into them.