SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cruise Conrol Went Out (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42702)

Lake Chuck Duck 04-04-2013 07:59 AM

Cruise Conrol Went Out

I have a 2008 Silverado crew cab. At first the cruise control was acting up, as in sometimes worked sometimes didnt. Well now it just doesnt work at all. Has anyone had this happen before? Any idea if it is just a quick fix I can do myself or do I need to bring it to a shop? Heading to NOLA tomorrow for a wedding and cruise control would be nice. I always forget that it is broken until I get on the interstate going somewhere.

meaux fishing 04-04-2013 08:01 AM

you check the fuse?

Lake Chuck Duck 04-04-2013 08:04 AM

Not yet, but the way it kind of worked for a little bit and then didnt work at all leads me to believe its not a fuse but will check. Just got off the phone with the local chevy dealer and they said if the module went out its a $300 part:eek:

jdm4x43732 04-04-2013 08:26 AM

Make your wife drive, problem solved!!!

meaux fishing 04-04-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 (Post 567195)
Make your wife drive, problem solved!!!

bingo

Lake Chuck Duck 04-04-2013 08:32 AM

I'm not going to New Orleans in a 4 cylinder van. And I for damn sure aint letting her drive my truck. Not to mention just going to the grocery store with her is a near death experience, getting on the interstate with her is just torture.

mriguy 04-04-2013 08:33 AM

Trade the truck in!! Problem really solved!!

Lake Chuck Duck 04-04-2013 08:34 AM

On a serious note I did some research and discovered this is a common problem on the 08 chevy trucks and suv's. There is a brake light switch under the dash that obviously tells your brake lights to come on and also tells your cruise to shut off. The portion of this switch for the cruise signal is notorious for going out. Should be about a $26 part at the dealership that I can change out myself.

Top Dawg 04-04-2013 08:57 AM

Government motors!!

Lake Chuck Duck 04-04-2013 09:01 AM

At least they arent foreign.

longsidelandry 04-04-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 567202)
On a serious note I did some research and discovered this is a common problem on the 08 chevy trucks and suv's. There is a brake light switch under the dash that obviously tells your brake lights to come on and also tells your cruise to shut off. The portion of this switch for the cruise signal is notorious for going out. Should be about a $26 part at the dealership that I can change out myself.

Yep, had this changed on my truck along with some other stuff a while back. Mine is a 09 Silverado and is in the shop again right now for the cam. Needless to say, I'm truck shopping for the next few days.

Lake Chuck Duck 04-04-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 567234)
Yep, had this changed on my truck along with some other stuff a while back. Mine is a 09 Silverado and is in the shop again right now for the cam. Needless to say, I'm truck shopping for the next few days.

Not a texas edition is it?

Reason I ask is my friend had a Texas Edition crew cab, I believe it was 09 but not positive. He had to have the engine rebuilt in it twice. After the second time he immediately traded it in for a Ford soon as he got it out the shop. I just told it it was having problems because it said Texas on it lol.

Matt G 04-04-2013 10:30 AM

Well I know to keep an eye out for mine. I have only had one issue with my 08. The back driver side door's automatic lock doesn't work. It went out a while back and Service "fixed" it. About 2 months later it was out again. I haven't had time to bring it in to fix it, so now I jump in the back seat to unlock. I look like a freaking idiot in the Wal-Mart parking lot!!

I hate to say it, but my next one may be a Ford! :eek:

Lake Chuck Duck 04-04-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 567243)
Well I know to keep an eye out for mine. I have only had one issue with my 08. The back driver side door's automatic lock doesn't work. It went out a while back and Service "fixed" it. About 2 months later it was out again. I haven't had time to bring it in to fix it, so now I jump in the back seat to unlock. I look like a freaking idiot in the Wal-Mart parking lot!!

When I got my 08 (bought used in 2010) I had the problem with the back door getting hung up when unlocked. They changed out the piece, said it was common for them to go out, and never had another problem.

swamp snorkler 04-04-2013 10:37 AM

Crusie is still working but my back passneger door lock is out.

LCD if you didn't change out your upper control arms get ready to do that too. $150 in parts from Rockauto.com and about and hour and a half to fix.

Lake Chuck Duck 04-04-2013 10:41 AM

Last time I had brakes changed they said it was showing slack.

Top Dawg 04-04-2013 10:54 AM

I used to be a chevy man. But since my last one I don't think I'll ever own another one. I love my new ford!!

Micah 04-04-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 567243)

3 out of 4 on mine are not working and haven't for some time.....wait for it..........08 silverado.

Raymond 04-04-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 567184)
I have a 2008 Silverado crew cab. At first the cruise control was acting up, as in sometimes worked sometimes didnt. Well now it just doesnt work at all. Has anyone had this happen before? Any idea if it is just a quick fix I can do myself or do I need to bring it to a shop? Heading to NOLA tomorrow for a wedding and cruise control would be nice. I always forget that it is broken until I get on the interstate going somewhere.

Played golf with a guy that had $$$$$$$$$$, get in his car one morning to go play and see a big brick on the transmission hump of car. Ask him what it's for and he says his cruise control went out last year and now just kicks the brick on top of accelerator when it gets to the desired speed.:shaking:
Come by the house today and I'll give ya a cinder block, that should work.:D

meaux fishing 04-04-2013 11:07 AM

here is a list of percentage of a certain truck made in North America
http://blogs.cars.com/.a/6a00d83451b...a4d0970d-800wi